Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG - Unreliable ControlTip Text

Sometimes, when hovering the mouse over form controls, the ControlTip Text for the controls does not appear.

Had this problem for months. It occurs on some PCs but not others, which have had identical Windows / Office builds.
    Have not been able to figure out why it occurs in some environments, but not others.
    I've been able to recreate the issue reliably for days on end, then suddenly it starts working again...for a while.

A PC which has shown the issue:
    OS Build Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1809
    OS Build 17763.1098
    Access 2016 (16.0.4924.1000) MSO (16.0.4939.1000) 32-bit

To recreate:
    -…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "TEXT REPLACEMENT" as a feature of Windows 10 I have it on my Iphone the MAC has it It is where you can place a phrase into a document

With TEXT REPLACEMENT you can post a full phrase or paragraph into a document by having a shortcut. I use it on my Iphone all the time but it would be helpful to have it on my windows 10

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AC 2003 (keep)

No need to suggest anythin else than prevoius stated. Bring back 2003 db-window. Tried Access 2007, 16 and now 19. Still keep 2003. Why? Cause it´s just better.
    MS is not listening! Why?
    I thougt 16 0r 19 would finall fix it, but not.
    AC-people have false focus. The right way would be if we dev... could show upp an app looking like word, excel etc, or...
    My must hated thing about access is the nav pane - still after all these years is the same. Yes know I know better why I still keep 2003.
    Unfortenately, we are not…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import Thunderbird to Outlook PST

Mozilla Thunderbird supports MBOX and Maildir file formats that cannot be imported into MS Outlook mailboxes. If you want to open emails in Outlook then it is mandatory to convert Thunderbird data to PST format. MailsDaddy Thunderbird to Outlook Converter is a simple GUI based application that allows converting all mailboxes to PST and others simultaneously.

Features of the tool

1. Export single or multiple mailboxes at once.

2. Maintain folder hierarchy, rich text formatting, inline images, and attachment.

3. Convert MBOX file into 8 different mail formats.

4. Create single or separate PST file for all mailbox

5. Email preview with all properties

6. Migrate…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export EML to PST with all properties

MailsDaddy EML to PST Converter is a trusted program that helps the user to migrate Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, Zoho Mail, Thunderbird & other EML/EMLX based email client application to Windows Outlook. The EML Converter preserves all mail folder, inline images, rich text formatting & attachments in converted PST file.

Features of EML file converter

1. Simple GUI interface

2. Quick load feature

3. Generate preview of an email with attachments

4. Batch email migration

5. Various export format

6. Filter email migration

7. Support all Window and Outlook versions

For more detail: https://www.mailsdaddy.com/eml-to-pst-converter/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Explain clearly, what Access is and what it does. It popped up on my computer and seems just another option for making lists.

I can't find much online that goes beyond that. Even the Microsoft answer is not clear and deals with Dell computers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrate MS Access with Power Apps

I've been looking more into Power Apps, and I think it would be great for you to work with the Power Apps team to provide a web and mobile solution to what Access can do today on the premises of a server. Because there is unfortunately no web version of Access, maybe Power Apps can help solve this problem? Ideally, we should be able to continue moving (and linking) Access data into SQL and then create a Power App on top of the "Access-created" data from SQL; essentially viewing a Power Application that looks exactly like access but online and…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG - Relationship window: Cannot view all tables

Office 365, 16.0.12730.20144 32-bit.

Select many tables at once in Relationship window - enough so that the list of tables spills over to a second set of columns. Scroll down to bottom of scroll bar, and cannot see the tables lower down. If I then resize the Access Window so it is shorter, I can scroll down and see more tables. And then if I make the Window taller again, I can see the bottom tables. But as soon as I touch the vertical scrollbar, focus shifts to the top again, and the bottom tables are again not showing.

Note…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use F5 to run a query

When switching between SQL Management Studio and an Access front end I find myself pressing F5 to run the Access query as I've been working in the other window - would be good if F5 ran the query in Access as it does in SQLMS

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. improve appearance and design of Access Forms

modern optical effects like in Windows 10 or modern webpages would heavily improve the value of created Apllications.
    Better Mouseover-Effects for Buttons, Fading Effects for Forms....
    it would be great!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST Migration

Windows Live Mail to Outlook migration requires an efficient application that easily converts WLM EML files to PST files. MailsDaddy EML to PST Converter supports all EML/EMLx based email clients including Windows Live Mail. There is no file size limit in the application so that the user can export the data as much as he/she wants. The software maintains email properties such as Bcc, Cc, subject, attachment, etc. With the help of this tool, you can easily convert Windows Live Mail files to PST simultaneously to save time. It imports email from Windows Live Mail with attachments and also supports…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Easiest way to split the Outlook PST files

If you looking at the easiest way to split the Outlook PST files then use MailsDaddy PST Split Tool. It is a most popular single wizard application, which easily divides the Outlook PST file according to date, folder, size, and email id. The software is compatible with all editions of Windows OS and MS Outlook.

More Info- https://www.mailsdaddy.com/pst-split-tool/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Method of exporting MBOX to PST

MBOX file is supported by 25+ email clients mailboxes such as Gmail, Apple Mail, SeaMonkey, Entourage, Netscape, Eudora & others. But no application exports the mailbox in PST file format. On the other hand, the manual process is useless with a large mailbox plus it does not maintain the folder hierarchy.
    So if you want to export direct MBOX to PST format with all mail folder, inline images and attachment than adopt MailsDaddy MBOX to PST Converter. This is the most relevant program that no only migrate MBOX to PST format but also allows user to import MBOX file in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PST to Office 365 Migration

MailsDaddy PST to Office 365 Migration Tool is a popular and consistent software to import Outlook PST data to Office 365. The software allows browsing and uploading of PST files with no harm to the format of the PST data. It even takes care of the metadata. It simply supports the local or the archived Outlook PST files providing an instant solution for entire PST to Office 365 conversion. There are various options to migrate PST file to Exchange Online mailboxes like Impersonate Export, Search and Date filter, selecting of the PST folders, scanning of the PST files, etc.

Know…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Office 365 backup Tool

Export Office 365 mailbox to PST with the help of the MailsDaddy Office 365 Backup tool. A perfect Office 365 Export PST tool that guarantees to provides 100% error-free migration from Office 365 to PST, MBOX, MSG, and EML file format. An independent Office 365 Backup Tool to migrate Exchange Online mailboxes to Outlook PST data file.

Features:

• Backup each Office 365 items in their original format.
    • It offers a comfortable and simple working operation.
    • Perform an effortless backup of single or bulk O365 mailboxes.
    • No use of the eDiscovery tool or the Microsoft Outlook.
    •…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Upload PST to Office 365

Network Upload Method provided by the Microsoft to upload PST to Office 365 accounts. Here are the steps for this technique:

1) Login to Office 365. Setup--> Data Migration--> Upload PST file--> Import new job.
    2) Provide the job name and click on Next. Choose the option Upload your data--> Next.
    3) Download the Azure tool and execute the given command to it.
    AzCopy.exe /Source: network path /Dest: ”SAS URL” /V: give a location where you want to save log file \AzCopy.log /Y
    You require to provide the SAS URL, PST file path and the log file location.
    4) Map…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cambiar la altura de la fila de encabezado en un hoja de datos

La idea es poder manipular la altura de la fila de encabezado de una hoja de datos para poder darle un alto suficiente capaz de mostrar todo el título de la columna, pero sin cambiar su anchura.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display Form Caption when Minimized

In previous releases of Microsoft Access, a minimized form would display at least a few characters of the form caption before showing the restore, max, close buttons.

Sample:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhezOlimTLoah_40R2mSOThcj5cFiQ?e=BlON97

In current builds of Access, the restore, max, close buttons consume all of the width of the minimized window, leaving no room for even a portion of the form caption to be displayed.

Sample:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhezOlimTLoah_41HY08IxXU44DUrw?e=rpFGd1

If multiple forms are minimized, the user is no longer able to make an informed choice about which minimized Window to restore.

Suggestion:
    Please make the width of minimized forms wider so that the caption (which…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow for table and query views to be snap-docked with adjustable borders

Currently, objects (tables etc) can only be viewed as tabbed or floating windows. It will be handy to allows the windows to be snap-docked so that space can be be optimised and multiple windows can be viewed with minimum time spent adjusting the borders.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories