Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Importing AIP Protected Excel/TXT files into Microsoft Access

AIP protected Excel document and the protected extension of txt file (.pTXT) are not importable to Microsoft Access application

Impact:

- User not able to import/Process protected files into MS Access desktop application

- MS Access macros not able to get data from protected files

Not protecting the company’s confidential files with Azure information protection to let the users import files to MS Access is risking data exposure and unauthorized usage.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Incorporar la tecnología de Project Nucleus a las listas vinculadas

Con Project Nucleus las listas se sincronizarían con una BD local con lo se podría trabajar sin conexión y se eliminarían los problemas de las listas demasiado largas. Si esto funcionara también con las listas vinculadas, Sharepoint se convertiría en un estupendo back-end para Access.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate MS Access with Power Apps

I've been looking more into Power Apps, and I think it would be great for you to work with the Power Apps team to provide a web and mobile solution to what Access can do today on the premises of a server. Because there is unfortunately no web version of Access, maybe Power Apps can help solve this problem? Ideally, we should be able to continue moving (and linking) Access data into SQL and then create a Power App on top of the "Access-created" data from SQL; essentially viewing a Power Application that looks exactly like access but online and…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is great feedback that we are actually working on providing now. Using the comments below, we’d love to hear thoughts about solely focusing on SQL as a stepping stone to Power Apps for data migration purposes, or also investing in another way for you to connect to Power Apps through the Common Data Service (CDS). This database allows you to store, share and manage your data over the web, and eventually the phone (current MS investment). CDS is also Power Apps’ central underlying storage unit, as well as the entire Power Platform team’s key investment.
    Please see following link for information about CDS, and let us know: if Access created a data export & linked table capability from our platform to CDS, would you use it?:
    https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fpowerapps%2Fmaker%2Fcommon-data-service%2Fdata-platform-intro&data=04%7C01%7CEbo.Quansah%40microsoft.com%7C32c26c86b7fe4f3162a508d7f069896d%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637242208373640123%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C-1&sdata=GuvQ6o2aqKiBMs%2B1z2nvv0sNtAHNl8MPQqiOvsh0D1U%3D&reserved=0

We will still continue to make investments in SQL connection either way, but we are also happy to…

4. Increase Accdb file size capacity

2 GB size storage capacity, could be enough for maybe more than 5 years that if small growth of data entry, but for thousands of data could be entries in just 1 year it would be a fear to reach it's limit. For me i don't need 10 GB but maybe 4 GB could be better than what we have today.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Local Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. improve appearance and design of Access Forms

modern optical effects like in Windows 10 or modern webpages would heavily improve the value of created Apllications.
    Better Mouseover-Effects for Buttons, Fading Effects for Forms....
    it would be great!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add a new menu item view sql

add a new menu item in order to view the sql behind a query; sometimes it takes ages to load a query in design, I just want to see the sql behind it

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ms Access: Codes pack

We know that accdb/mdb has macro, modules and event procedure codes. But what i need is the package where we could view the set of every codes/sql for table/query, reports and forms inside ms-access. Could this possible?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ms Access: Web Browser

Today i used InternetExplorer on acform while typing this suggestion, but some forums on MSAccess have some suggestions that browser is outdated need to use another browser like chrome or opera mini. Is this possible?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Form design: not edged, have oval shape

I used to pop-up forms seems all of it are edged ; and how i wish i could also used Form shape like oval or rounded corner. hope this could be patch to ms-access 2016. Could this be?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Access 365 runtime bug

Since the office update 2019 version 2009 (build 13231.20262) it is impossible for my users to open a program with Access 365 32-bit runtime, there is a message like "the database was unrecognized format ..."

P.S. if I compile my program on another computer with an earlier version, everything works.
    Any solution otherwise an Office roolback version?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Access Office 2016

Access Office 2016 sous Windows 10

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. improve richtext Editor: static menue bar and insertion of pictures

the richtext Editor is ok and can be used for simple html formattings.
    But the useability is awful, instead of marking the text and moving the mouse there should be an option to permanantly show the menue bar. There should be an option to insert a picture.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. improve format options for some controls

1. Formatting functionality (shapes/styles) for buttons replicated for textboxes, labels and rectangles, perhaps others.

2. Option to resize and format check and option boxes

3. The option for a line to include an arrowhead and perhaps flight. aka shapes in excel/word.

4. The ability to map one control to another (similar to labels mapping to controls) but with the ability to choose which corner maps to which corner

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fantastic universal boot ! Keep it UP

Fantastic universal boot ! Keep it UP

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug - Nav Pane Custom Groups contents changing unexpectedly

I use Custom Groups in the Navigation Pane of Access to keep track of objects I am changing for various tasks, so I know at a glance what objects to submit to our update process.

Sometimes, the items in a Group will change. I'm not talking about linked tables or queries not showing after a relink. I'll have put FormA in the group, and when I open the database, FormA is no longer in the group, but FormD is. Same for report objects, modules and queries.

Problem is, I have not found a pattern of when this happens. Sometimes it's…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bring back Pivot Table capabilities to Access

Microsoft needs to review "Voice of the Customer" portions of Six Sigma process Improvement (which you seem to have forgotten).

Why would you take away a major long term feature in Access and lamely refer it to Excel that can't handle large data sets as well?

Please restore this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ity would be great if there was a one-click button to update Access 2016 with/from Outlook 2016

I found that altho9u9gh I could import data from Outlook, with existing notes, That subsequent emails and notes were not registered within Access.
    Also their should be a button so that when working with a contact in Access, we can click a button to write an email and it opens Outlook email

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)