Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access Office 2016

Access Office 2016 sous Windows 10

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. improve format options for some controls

1. Formatting functionality (shapes/styles) for buttons replicated for textboxes, labels and rectangles, perhaps others.

2. Option to resize and format check and option boxes

3. The option for a line to include an arrowhead and perhaps flight. aka shapes in excel/word.

4. The ability to map one control to another (similar to labels mapping to controls) but with the ability to choose which corner maps to which corner

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Protect Rich Text Box Links

I use Rich Text boxes to store Email Templates, so that the text looks nice as an Email and also contains HTML Web links.
    However, if anyone tries to edit the box in Rich Text mode, all the links immediately disappear

eg: <a href="https://www.w3schools.com/">Visit W3Schools.com!</a>

gets turned into Visit W3Schools.com!.

Can we retain any links when editing the box in normal mode please?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow the "suggest link fields" dialogue box to be expanded (desktop version)

I have a subform which isn't working, so I wanted to check which parent and child forms are linked.

There is a dialogue box with a 'suggest' button.

When I click it, the box is not resizable, so I have no idea what Access is suggesting I use to link my subform becuase the text is longer than the box allows.

Poor show, Microsoft. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Modern charts - bug or by design?

Not sure if anyone else has run into this issue. The modern charts clustered bar (was what i found this issue on) if the X axis displays a date range and that date range is fixed as month or year or day or quarter and the form is saved then if you have a method that you call in some way that tries to change the dates type (from say month to day or year to month) then this will not action. it runs; but does not actually do anything. If you design the form and change the graphs date…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide Microsoft Access FORM with an event similar to Excel userform's QUERYCLOSE event, in order to identify "how" the form was closed.

Provide Microsoft Access FORM with an event similar to Excel userform's QUERYCLOSE event, in order to identify "how" the form was closed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. include an example to illustrate declare or setup of Hyperlink field

When using class mode of VBA, there is no explicit example to declare or use Get/Let procedure

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automated Office 365 Migration

EdbMails simplifies Office 365 Migration by automating the configuration and migration tasks. Effectively transfers the data between two Office 365 tenants. It allows you to migrate all the existing mailboxes, contacts and distribution groups, etc. from one Office 365 tenant to another. Its incremental migration feature avoids duplicates on the target mailbox.

Key Features & Advantages:

• It can perform as a single batch move that includes all of your mailboxes, contacts, and distribution group objects, etc.

• Designed with multithreading which improves migration speed and saves lot of time.

• Only the newly added items are migrated to your target server on…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow contact info to be changed. It is tied to location, but we have a different point of contact

In the contact info box, we cannot change the default name to our local contact. The name that populates is a person that does not work in this facility.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable us to lock the tab we're working on within a Tab Control

Working on controls within a Tab Control can be very frustrating. You can't drag a box around controls, because you end up moving the Tab Control containing them and I'm forever accidentally selecting the Tab Control.

Can we have some way of locking us on to the selected tab, locking the Tab Control's position and allowing us to drag a box around controls on a Tab Control?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include Find/Replace dialogue when using Shift F2 to edit code

I use code for the recordset property of a form and if I need to make changes I cut and paste to notepad but now we have "find & replace" in the SQL Editor. Can this functionality be incuded if editing the recordsource property or perhaps open the sql editor to make this easier.

Thanks for the great work on the Editor it really helps!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug fix requested: ControlTip text does not always show when On Mouse Move event used

In Access 2016 the ControlTip Text may not show on a control that uses the On Mouse Move event. To see the desired ControlTip it is necessary to reveal the ControlTip of another control first, then bring the mouse back to the desired control that has the On Mouse Move event.

A better description of the issue, with screenshots, may be found here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeaccess-msowinother-mso2013release/controltip-text-does-not-always-show-when-on-mouse/209f54d1-edfd-4252-9f20-f24029c12d8a?messageId=c1448154-918b-420e-9e2c-5d887734a505

Suggestion/issue posted here by request.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. search box on form properties

Add a search to the "property sheet" when in design view on a form. This would make it easier to find individual items.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix bug when copying ImageList ActiveX controls from one form to another

I've noticed recently that copying ActiveX control of type MSComctlLib.ImageListCtrl.2 (Microsoft ImageList Control, version 6.0) from one form to another is buggy.

Whenever I've attempted to copy an ImageList from one form to another recently, the object is copied but I see an error message (usually repeated twice) and the control comes in at 8cm x 5cm instead of its usual 1.005cm x 1.005cm. Any attempt to resize it results in the same error message, which usually comes up twice, presumably once for each dimension.

Actually, even if I try resizing the original object which is the correct size of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display Form Caption when Minimized

In previous releases of Microsoft Access, a minimized form would display at least a few characters of the form caption before showing the restore, max, close buttons.

Sample:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhezOlimTLoah_40R2mSOThcj5cFiQ?e=BlON97

In current builds of Access, the restore, max, close buttons consume all of the width of the minimized window, leaving no room for even a portion of the form caption to be displayed.

Sample:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhezOlimTLoah_41HY08IxXU44DUrw?e=rpFGd1

If multiple forms are minimized, the user is no longer able to make an informed choice about which minimized Window to restore.

Suggestion:
    Please make the width of minimized forms wider so that the caption (which…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. listcount

Small bug in List Boxes - if you show column headings, the list count includes the column heading. For example - if the list box diplays no records the the list count is zero. If there is one record then the list count is 2

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. support high resolution monitors

forms don't resize properly when maximised on high resolution screens, when the twips goes above the int scale.

All kinds of errors with object width property setting, and docmd.resize accepts variant datatype but errors if value is above int size.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. State of the Art Replacement for Active X MS Calendar

Everything revolves around time and Microsoft Active X Calendar is(was?) the perfect tool to use in a lot of applications we've prepared over the years. This gem works seamlessly even in continuous forms while current datepickers associated with textboxes won't do and subforms won't do and equally seamlessly integrates with VBA code and queries and control sources SQL. It doesn't work in Access 64 bit so it's about time to come up with a state-of-the-art replacement but even simply enabling it for 64 bit would suffice.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Horizontal Data in For

We need the ability or a control to represent our data horizontally instead of vertically. Such as the websites they are representing their products horizontally and the customer can scroll. it would be a great thing if we have this ability in ms access.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. net worth statement?

need financial inventory or personal networth statement

1 vote
    Vote