Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Un petit bug dans le reporting Access

I think there is a small bug in Access Reports…
    When a report contains a png or embedded image, this is not printed if you print it directly on the printer. If I create a Pdf, and then print the pdf report, the logo is visible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a box to check to not use client ID's on reports

We are a small firm. We do not use client ID's for anything. You should have a feature, or box to check, for small firms that don't use IDs to check so that we do not see them on any reports that print. It looks terrible to see a client ID that was created for a client on a report that will never ever be used. You should have the box on the Primary Contact screen to suppress IDs when creating new clients OR a box when running due date reports to run to mark x to not see/use the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. will be nice if you can,

will be nice if you can report,by taking pics or snap shot,and the app do the mat for you would only do the basic by add home address, date of birth.merryth or cingle.for people like me tha never do taxes, is complicated and tha would stop so many people from be slave of the tax account

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Access Chart Add Features

There seem to be several things missing in the new "modern" charts in Access. A couple of things I have run into include:

- The gridlines don't seem to work, nor can I find a property to set their color
    - There doesn't seem to be a place to set the desired color for each bar of a graph
    - There doesn't seem to be a way to modify the sort order (or any of the SQL) of the "Transformed Row Source", for example to sort the categories by descending value
    - Can't find settings to vary the tick marks…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. from 1220

im get my mail 23 e adams

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AccessReport

Please add Pivot Table and Report Header Freez Option in access db reports

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable reports to display whole pdf-files that are saved as attachments in tables.

Currently, when using the attachment saving method, you can only display images in reports. When you try to display a pdf file, you will only see the thumbnail of a generic pdf file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. enable a custom sort order in reports/queries

I have a report which sorts on the sort field alphabetically, but I do not want this. I need to define that the following sort is carried out but I can only sort in an ascending or descending order without adding a lookup to another table or altering my item names containing the following:

In progress
    Not started
    Ongoing
    Waiting for someone else

If I sort alphabetically they end up as

In Progress
    Ongoing
    Not Started
    Waiting for someone else.

Not started is more important to me than ongoing, so I would like it to appear before Ongoing, but the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. BugFix: Report Printing to PDF in Domain Environment

Sort out the crashing problem with Printing reports to Microsoft PDF Printer when in a domain environment.

Access opens a report and when you try to automate the printing process to Microsoft PDF Writer it crashes intermittantly. It crashes with an MSACCESS application error event but I believe it to be related to Microsoft Print Spooler.

Printing to hardware printers first seem to be ok, but printing to PDF or XPS first create problems when on a domain. Zero issues with same code on same OS and Office versions when in a workgroup or when the domain computer is unplugged…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve Access charting, or improve the interaction with Excel

I have a need to place a fairly complex chart in an Access report, and I wasn't able to create the chart in Access so I did it with Excel. The data actually resides in SQL Server, and there is a data connection that runs a stored procedure to bring it into Excel. This works find if you manually refresh the data in Excel, get the chart to refresh in Excel (which doesn't seem to work as easily as it should), and save the spreadsheet. If you then run the report the linked chart will work correctly. But when you…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. label alignment (particularly checkboxes)

Please could you add non-VBA functionality to reports to enable us to choose where a label (particularly checkboxes) is positioned?

I amconstantly frustrated at having to manually move the checkbox to the right of the label because it defaults to the opposite way to every other label!

I note that Checkbox Alignment is being reviewed for future consideration (https://access.uservoice.com/forums/319956-access-desktop-application/suggestions/10129926-checkbox-alignment) but the wording doesn't mention my suggestion above and I hope it can be incorporated.

Thank you

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Putting a softkey in access to convert form to report

Its good to have a softkey in access to convert ( form) to (report ) so we don't have to design a report that have same shape and design aspect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cannot change report font when forecolor is set to automatic (black)

Cannot change report font when forecolor is set to automatic (black), because after changing the font and saving the report in design view, changes won't save and the font will default back to Arial.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow emailing of Reports in Stand-alone Access 2016

Emailing Reports from Stand alone Access 2016 no longer works if installed after March 2018. The workaround is to use Office 365.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a property "New Sheet" for duplex printing

Similar to the new page property, it should be extended to allow a new sheet. Otherwise, you may get in duplex print scenarios information onto the back of your sheet that has got nothing to do with the front page.
    In normal print, there would be no difference to the new page property, but in duplex print it would insert a blank page to start the next record on a new sheet.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Line Methode in the normal view of a report

it should be possible to use the line method not only in the print preview. It would be good to use it in the acViewNormal of an report or form.

e.g. it would be possible to create a grid ... also in the interactive normal view (not only for the print preview).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. vertical text orientation

The Vertical Text property rotates text 90º but it is not possible to rotate 270º or other. There are many people searching for this feature over the internet for years now, but there has been no solution for this feature built in access until now. There are many workarounds, but very complicated. Hope more people find this usefull

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support PDF output with password encryption like Word

We should be able to generate reports as PDFs with a password. MS Word has an encryption option when saving a Word Doc to PDF.

For security reasons, more and more organizations want to have encrypted data at rest and in emails. ACCDBs support encryption, so it'd be helpful if it's PDF outputs could too.

It should be available from the user interface and as an option programmatically (DoCmd.OutputTo acFormatPDF).

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make Reports Into There Own File Format Like .RPT

Microsoft Access is pretty nice when it comes to reporting. The biggest drawback with reporting in a production environment is that it is bound to the application... i.e. many times customers want a small change on reports and you have to distribute a whole new version just to make a minor change that may have only taken 5 minutes! You should give Access report the ability to be exportable into a file format like SSRS or Crystal... this way we can edit and replace reports without having to re version the full applicaton.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Interactive Reports

Many of my Clients ask for interactive reports for example the ability to change a Manager name by means of a Combo box, but still have the facility to print in a nicely formatted way. It is more intuitive than having to enter criteria in a form which the user then has to click on to see the corresponding report.

This feature will also make reports easier to use for the semi-skilled Access User and provide a much more powerful Reporting System..

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories