Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Explain clearly, what Access is and what it does. It popped up on my computer and seems just another option for making lists.

I can't find much online that goes beyond that. Even the Microsoft answer is not clear and deals with Dell computers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow for table and query views to be snap-docked with adjustable borders

Currently, objects (tables etc) can only be viewed as tabbed or floating windows. It will be handy to allows the windows to be snap-docked so that space can be be optimised and multiple windows can be viewed with minimum time spent adjusting the borders.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Decimal data types and Calculated fields in DAO.recordset (build 16.0.12827.20152)

Anyone having problems with DAO.Recordsets and calculated fields in the latest Insider update (16.0.12827)

So long I found:

• When accessing a table field with "Decimal" data type, recordset returns empty string... Changing the data type to double fixes the issue

• When accessing a query calculated field (sum) the DAO.Recordset returns empty string... Adding the CDbl to the query field fixes the issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I can't manage password in this file

If u can release this file (Access) to be able to create new user within password protecting is good

at least thanks for ur hard working for us
    Thank You so much

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AC 2003 (keep)

No need to suggest anythin else than prevoius stated. Bring back 2003 db-window. Tried Access 2007, 16 and now 19. Still keep 2003. Why? Cause it´s just better.
    MS is not listening! Why?
    I thougt 16 0r 19 would finall fix it, but not.
    AC-people have false focus. The right way would be if we dev... could show upp an app looking like word, excel etc, or...
    My must hated thing about access is the nav pane - still after all these years is the same. Yes know I know better why I still keep 2003.
    Unfortenately, we are not…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Correct a feature side effect: Display Display Text Scaling Vs. Access Navigation Pane.

If the user uses the Windows display setting to increase the text size across all applications, the scaling corrupts the operation of the Access Navigation pane. Apparently the navigation pane cannot handle the change in scale and will not display properly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it possible to refresh Access.Printers without having to restart Access

When using msaccess.exe via RemoteApp, sometimes printers are missing in the Access.Printers collection. But if you open Devices & Printers from the RemoteApp, you can see that they're there in the OS, but they were probably installing when Access was starting.

Relaunching msaccess.exe cures the issue, but if it were possible to run a function to refresh Access's list of printers, that would be a preferable solution.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Access for Mac!!

I'm currently taking college classes while I'm in high school, and my parents got me a laptop so I could do my work on it. The problem is that I need Access to do some of my work. I don't understand how I can have Excel and Word but not Access. I would really appreciate it if y'all could make Access on Mac. Its 2020 people and I'm at home in quarantine (can't go to school and use their computers) and I need to get my work done.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Menu builder or Ribbon for our plicatives that are persisted on other computers

Until the 2003 version of Office it was possible to create custom menu bars forour applications. As of the 2007 release this has been discontinued.

It would be great if a way to build menu or ribbon for our systems were implemented. Because what is already possible to create, is not part of the database application but of Office Access itself and is not exported to our final application when used on another computer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi, this is Sunil Kaushik. I just want to suggest microsoft team one thing, when customer spent 90k - 1 lac. Why didn't he/she get licensed?

I spent Rs. 90000 for this laptop. Then what is fund in purchasing this laptop when i have MS Office Unlicensed Version. It's not fair with customer. Please give me access to licensed version. Humble request to you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi, this is Sunil Kaushik. I just want to suggest microsoft team one thing, when customer spent 90k - 1 lac. Why didn't he/she get licensed?

I spent Rs. 90000 for this laptop. Then what is fund in purchasing this laptop when i have MS Office Unlicensed Version. It's not fair with customer. Please give me access to licensed version. Humble request to you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Access app for android

Please add the access app on Google Play, he will It saves many people from the trouble of computers

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Customization of Access Chart Colors.

It seems bizarre to me there's no way to change the color scheme of different pie charts etc. It would improve the visual look and feel of reports and dashboards immensely if we could customise the "new and modern" charts a bit more!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug Fix for Access 2016 64 bit VBA DAO Update Query Bug in Long Text Parameter

Reposted here from MS Community Forums based on replies there:

Hello,

Where I work I seem to have found some bugs in MS Access 64 bit (not in 32 bit) relating to using VBA to call update queries.

When calling an Update query from the current database via a 'qdf' object that has one or more long text fields to be updated, and supplying the values for those updates via Long Text parameters, it seems that supplying either a 1 or 2 character value can cause Access to crash when the qdf is executed, depending on the position of the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix: Win 10 Pro Office 2016 Pro "Could not use '<path\file.accdb>'; file already in use" with all Access DBs as soon as Compact / Repair

Fix: Win 10 Pro Office 2016 Pro "Could not use '<path\file.accdb>'; file already in use" with all Access DBs as soon as Compact / Repair or File Save As. This has recently started happening on 2 independent machines

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Pivot Charts and tables back to Access.

Add Pivot Charts and tables back to Access.
    Pivot Charts and tables are very powerful. there is no other function is able to replace them

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Printing Vertical

Maps can't be rotated when creating images to print. True.

But if there are "4x6" and "8.5x11" sheet sizes, is it not possible to also create "6x4" and "11x8.5" sheet sizes so that there is at least one other orientation option. (Some text might be oriented wrong, but for some territory shapes it would be worth the slight inconvenience)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the LOGEST function (which is in Excel) to Access

Excel has the function LOGEST that is used in regression analysis. The LOGEST function calculates an exponential curve that fits your data and returns an array of values that describes the curve.

We use this function in our Excel models. I am attempting to rewrite some of these in Access but the LOGEST is not available in Access. It seems that all the functions available in Excel should also be available in Access.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories