Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Importing AIP Protected Excel/TXT files into Microsoft Access

AIP protected Excel document and the protected extension of txt file (.pTXT) are not importable to Microsoft Access application

Impact:

- User not able to import/Process protected files into MS Access desktop application

- MS Access macros not able to get data from protected files

Not protecting the company’s confidential files with Azure information protection to let the users import files to MS Access is risking data exposure and unauthorized usage.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an additional GetOption/SetOption option to set the Startup Form

Sometimes we want to programmatically set the startup form and that is currently not possible.
    Please add GetOption("Display Form") and SetOption("Display form").
    I would use this feature in my "To Convention" code that fixes up bad naming convention.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Incorporar la tecnología de Project Nucleus a las listas vinculadas

Con Project Nucleus las listas se sincronizarían con una BD local con lo se podría trabajar sin conexión y se eliminarían los problemas de las listas demasiado largas. Si esto funcionara también con las listas vinculadas, Sharepoint se convertiría en un estupendo back-end para Access.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Access for Mac!!

I'm currently taking college classes while I'm in high school, and my parents got me a laptop so I could do my work on it. The problem is that I need Access to do some of my work. I don't understand how I can have Excel and Word but not Access. I would really appreciate it if y'all could make Access on Mac. Its 2020 people and I'm at home in quarantine (can't go to school and use their computers) and I need to get my work done.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a connector for SharePoint

Hi,

In the menu External Data > New Data Source, there is no way to connect to an Excel file stored in a SharePoint folder.

That's a problem because more and more companies use SharePoint and all the Excel in the SharePoint are "invisible" for Access

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG REPORT - hard crash OLEAUT32.dll 2+ YEARS AND STILL HAPPENING

This bug has been present in MSAccess for over two years. It comes and goes depending on the version. It is now back again. MSAccess will crash as noted:

Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 16.0.13628.20380, time stamp: 0x601ee9ee
    Faulting module name: OLEAUT32.dll, version: 10.0.19041.804, time stamp: 0xf963cc3a
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000094f9b
    Faulting process id: 0x4b4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d7022e666fef41
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\OLEAUT32.dll
    Report Id: e681cffd-0655-4d89-88b2-cdc6884aa59e
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I noted that the bug appears not to be present on 16.0.12527.21096 64 bit. This really is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the predefined templates more flexible for users

I currently cannot add a column to a predefined template in Access. This makes the template unusable to me, and I only need to add one more column.

There is no "Click to add" option available. Be great if there was!

It would also be useful if it states in the online Help that this is the case; predefined templates cannot be edited. I spent a long time trying to solve this but it was only through online chat support where I eventually found out that adding a column was not possible.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix System Resource Exceeded error with large files

Ever since we upgraded to the latest Windows 10 version and MS 2019 version, our previously working update queries for ~100,000 records are failing and throwing the System Resource Exceeded error! This is unacceptable.

The issue is reproducible on multiple computers with the latest upgrade and working on the non-upgraded computers. Many users are suffering from this issue as you can see here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/access/system-resources-exceeded-error/m-p/1791077

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integrate MS Access with Power Apps

I've been looking more into Power Apps, and I think it would be great for you to work with the Power Apps team to provide a web and mobile solution to what Access can do today on the premises of a server. Because there is unfortunately no web version of Access, maybe Power Apps can help solve this problem? Ideally, we should be able to continue moving (and linking) Access data into SQL and then create a Power App on top of the "Access-created" data from SQL; essentially viewing a Power Application that looks exactly like access but online and…

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is great feedback that we are actually working on providing now. Using the comments below, we’d love to hear thoughts about solely focusing on SQL as a stepping stone to Power Apps for data migration purposes, or also investing in another way for you to connect to Power Apps through the Common Data Service (CDS). This database allows you to store, share and manage your data over the web, and eventually the phone (current MS investment). CDS is also Power Apps’ central underlying storage unit, as well as the entire Power Platform team’s key investment.
    Please see following link for information about CDS, and let us know: if Access created a data export & linked table capability from our platform to CDS, would you use it?:
    https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fpowerapps%2Fmaker%2Fcommon-data-service%2Fdata-platform-intro&data=04%7C01%7CEbo.Quansah%40microsoft.com%7C32c26c86b7fe4f3162a508d7f069896d%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637242208373640123%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C-1&sdata=GuvQ6o2aqKiBMs%2B1z2nvv0sNtAHNl8MPQqiOvsh0D1U%3D&reserved=0

We will still continue to make investments in SQL connection either way, but we are also happy to…

10. Increase Accdb file size capacity

2 GB size storage capacity, could be enough for maybe more than 5 years that if small growth of data entry, but for thousands of data could be entries in just 1 year it would be a fear to reach it's limit. For me i don't need 10 GB but maybe 4 GB could be better than what we have today.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Local Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. NO MORE VIDIO`S

I HATE YOUR VIDIOS I ONLY LIKE TIKTOK VIDIOS

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 775-848-3156 Joseph V. Popolo

Tel Contact 775-848-3156

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. improve appearance and design of Access Forms

modern optical effects like in Windows 10 or modern webpages would heavily improve the value of created Apllications.
    Better Mouseover-Effects for Buttons, Fading Effects for Forms....
    it would be great!

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make the predefined templates more flexible for users

I currently cannot add a column to a predefined template in Access. This makes the template unusable to me, and I only need to add one more column.

There is no "Click to add" option available. Be great if there was!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MS Access 365 - Properties difficult to read

When in Access 365 and working on a form or a report, etc - the properties are very small. Pls make option available to make bigger or an option to change the font size to a larger option. It is difficult to read and in Field properties the line is a little long. This would help so much. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ms Access: Web Browser

Today i used InternetExplorer on acform while typing this suggestion, but some forums on MSAccess have some suggestions that browser is outdated need to use another browser like chrome or opera mini. Is this possible?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Windows Date settings effecting format function

Discovered today 19.2.21
    Windows update forced user settings to display region in a whole different country and the Windows data format for short date changed from (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd MMM yyyy).
    The format function used to format dates into a manor fit for SQL server failed. Format(date,"yyyy/MM/dd") resulted in the answer (yyyy MM dd) using spaces instead of backslashes. Once the windows setting was changed back to (dd/mm/yyyy) the error vanished. When trying to replicate the issue the regional settings would no longer allow the short date option (dd MMM yyyy) therefore we could not rhobustly test this error.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. EdbMails MBOX to PST converter

EdbMails MBOX to PST converter is a convenient tool to convert MBOX data to Outlook PST and save it to EML, HTML & MHT formats.
    It includes plenty of advanced features, which can help you to view all emails along with attachments and export to Outlook PST.

Features:

Load the MBOX file and preview messages along with corresponding attachments
    Export the all the mail items to the Outlook PST
    Allows to export selective MBOX items to PST using various filters
    Supports to save the all the mail items in EML, HTML, and MHT formats
    Compatible with all the latest versions…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable accde's to show in Recent list and be "pinned"

When you right click on the Access Icon on the Task Bar it only shows accdb files. If you have opened an accde it is not listed!
    This is matched in the Recent list of the file tab too.
    Please fix this (again).

Regards
    Brian from ProcessIT

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Secure Office 365 migration software

Data security is the high priority aspect for all the organizations during migration from one environment to other. It should not engage other third party tools for the access of the valuable data.

Secure Office 365 migration solution:

EdbMails Office 365 Migration is a secure migration solution which meets all the security standards that are essential for the migration operation.
    The software follows Information Security Management Standards ISO 27001 certification which assures you the whole migration process is highly secured. It utilizes OAuth 2.0 secured authentication for the software registration. Your Office 365 credentials will not be stored at any…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 60 61
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base