Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate MS Access with Power Apps

I've been looking more into Power Apps, and I think it would be great for you to work with the Power Apps team to provide a web and mobile solution to what Access can do today on the premises of a server. Because there is unfortunately no web version of Access, maybe Power Apps can help solve this problem? Ideally, we should be able to continue moving (and linking) Access data into SQL and then create a Power App on top of the "Access-created" data from SQL; essentially viewing a Power Application that looks exactly like access but online and…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is great feedback that we are actually working on providing now. Using the comments below, we’d love to hear thoughts about solely focusing on SQL as a stepping stone to Power Apps for data migration purposes, or also investing in another way for you to connect to Power Apps through the Common Data Service (CDS). This database allows you to store, share and manage your data over the web, and eventually the phone (current MS investment). CDS is also Power Apps’ central underlying storage unit, as well as the entire Power Platform team’s key investment.
    Please see following link for information about CDS, and let us know: if Access created a data export & linked table capability from our platform to CDS, would you use it?:
    https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fpowerapps%2Fmaker%2Fcommon-data-service%2Fdata-platform-intro&data=04%7C01%7CEbo.Quansah%40microsoft.com%7C32c26c86b7fe4f3162a508d7f069896d%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637242208373640123%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C-1&sdata=GuvQ6o2aqKiBMs%2B1z2nvv0sNtAHNl8MPQqiOvsh0D1U%3D&reserved=0

We will still continue to make investments in SQL connection either way, but we are also happy to…

2. improve appearance and design of Access Forms

modern optical effects like in Windows 10 or modern webpages would heavily improve the value of created Apllications.
    Better Mouseover-Effects for Buttons, Fading Effects for Forms....
    it would be great!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Bug - InStr And InStrRev

InStr or InStrRev function results in error or crashes database if sort order is “General”).
    Work around: Options > General > New database sort order > General - Legacy’, followed by ‘compact database’.
    The behaviour is very odd in that e.g. it may or may not work first time after reboot / logon, but fails subsequently. Compacting and then restarting the database never fixes the issue.
    This problem resulted from recent (Quarter 2 to July 2020) Windows and / or Access 2019 updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Protect Rich Text Box Links

I use Rich Text boxes to store Email Templates, so that the text looks nice as an Email and also contains HTML Web links.
    However, if anyone tries to edit the box in Rich Text mode, all the links immediately disappear

eg: <a href="https://www.w3schools.com/">Visit W3Schools.com!</a>

gets turned into Visit W3Schools.com!.

Can we retain any links when editing the box in normal mode please?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back table wizard

This feature helped a lot of people to be productive I think now a lot of people are having trouble with creating a database I think with this feature it will bring back the productivity in this app other version starting in Access 95 had this great feature and I think that is gone in Access 2016/2019 people have trouble with productivity in Access

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back table wizard

This feature helped a lot of people to be productive I think now a lot of people are having trouble with creating a database I think with this feature it will bring back the productivity in this app other version starting in Access 95 had this great feature and I think that is gone in Access 2016/2019 people have trouble with productivity in Access

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix the "System Resource Exceeded" error that requires Processor Affinity be set to 0.

We have a number of users at work who regularly report, when using Access 2016, that they get a "System Resource Exceeded" error when running certain queries. It is intermittent, but happens frequently. Didn't used to happen on Office 2010, or under Windows 7. Happens regularly under Office 2016 under Windows 10.

Multiple threads online point to the current "workaround" being to set Processor Affinity to 0, rather than utilizing all cores of the process. This seems like a shitty solution, and it would be better if the underlying issue(s) with using multi-core processor(s) would be fixed, so the workaround…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow the "suggest link fields" dialogue box to be expanded (desktop version)

I have a subform which isn't working, so I wanted to check which parent and child forms are linked.

There is a dialogue box with a 'suggest' button.

When I click it, the box is not resizable, so I have no idea what Access is suggesting I use to link my subform becuase the text is longer than the box allows.

Poor show, Microsoft. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add a new menu item view sql

add a new menu item in order to view the sql behind a query; sometimes it takes ages to load a query in design, I just want to see the sql behind it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A função "arred" no Excel arredonda o valor 10,5 para 11, mas no Access a mesma função arredonda para 10. Excel correto e access errado.

A função "arred" no Excel arredonda o valor 10,5 para 11, mas no Access a mesma função arredonda para 10. Excel correto e access errado.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create a built-in age function

Create a built in age function. This function should take in birthdate and ageasof_date as inputs, and calculate age as an output.

Datediff is close, but a little bit off, and requires adding a more complex if/then corrective function to get age fully precise.

In cases of contractual or regulatory compliance, the added precision is required.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Modern charts - bug or by design?

Not sure if anyone else has run into this issue. The modern charts clustered bar (was what i found this issue on) if the X axis displays a date range and that date range is fixed as month or year or day or quarter and the form is saved then if you have a method that you call in some way that tries to change the dates type (from say month to day or year to month) then this will not action. it runs; but does not actually do anything. If you design the form and change the graphs date…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Accessibility

I've received a few request for Accessibility from our CSAM's to provide while Customer Engineers are delivering workshops. Since these requests I've not be able to find any information or anyone that can provide this information on Accessibility. If a customer need Accessibility for a workshop that is being delivered via remote or onsite it would be nice to be able to provide this as a service to our them. This would be very beneficial to our customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adjust/move "Clear Attachment" box

On Notes section, make the "Clear Attachment" box smaller & to the right hand corner. Less likely to accidently clear an attachment!
    (which I have done a few times!!)
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide an Option to Disable the Add Tables Palette

The 'Add Tables' palette is redundant as tables & queries may be added to a query by dragging them from the Navigation Pane.

The Add Tables palette is displayed every time a new query is created and it would be useful to be able to disable it completely.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. podrian hacer un video interactivo explicando mas

mi sugerencia seria que hicieran un tutorial de los alcances de esta plantilla, las modificaciones que se pueden hacer y como se diseño.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change the World in 24 Hours

Change the World in 24 Hours. Live Your Life As If You Had 24 Hours To Save the World and Just Do IT! We Have Less Than a 24 Hour Window Period To Save the Life of a Person and the in the Total Aggregate, That is A lot of People. In the aftermath of 911, we should be realizing how bad off we all are. We need help.

Heroes Welcome: Dear Saints,

You can change the world in 24 hours by updating the way you think.
    Progress is the only thing that has ever changed the world in the …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. EDB to PST Converter For your Exchange Recovery

EDB to PST converter tool can repair damaged, corrupt and dismounted Exchange server. It can also recover deleted mailboxes from your corrupted EDB file. EdbMails EDB to PST software helps you to recover inaccessible EDB file and export it to PST file without losing your important message items.

EdbMails is the best EDB to PST software to recover Exchange and bring it to the online state. One of the high-performance Exchange server export and migration tool to get back your deleted mailbox data with accuracy.

If there is a requirement of data integrity, scalability, and performance arise in Exchange recovery…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories