Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problem "Error 3040 Query is corrupt"

Problem "Error 3040 Query is corrupt" request for fix earlier than December 10. This bug causes a lot of problems for my customers!

This problem should not be underestimated and is huge.

KB4484127, KB4484119 en KB4484113

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

See support.office.com/en-us/article/access-err..

For updates, this is fixed for almost all channels now (a fix has been available for most users since 11/18).

2. Where are you

It has become obvious in reviewing this hub that Microsoft has no interest in feedback. Unless I am missing something, out of all the feedbacks provided, Microsoft has only tagged 3 for future consideration, and they are all dated years ago, and has followed thru on none.

What is the point to this feedback channel?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. [Editor] Adding the language column at keyword, ad and extension levels

We can't see the language of keywords, ads or extensions from Editor as the column is not available at this level. The language is only displayed at the Campaign and Adgroup levels.

For accounts with just one language it is not problematic, but when campaigns and adgroups have multiple languages we can't dispatch the data we export for keywords, ads and extensions.

As NQS requires the data to be sent per market AND language, it is inconvenient when requesting for an editorial review.

Could it be possible to add the hereditated language to keywords, ads and extensions in Editor? Langage…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Changing theme in access 365 proplus

It seems not possible to change the theme to black in Access 365 ProPlus. I have installed on another computer Access 365 Home and I can change it there. Further, all other ProPlus applications can be changed to Black. I have set the "UI" in registry editor to 4 which enables the colour options to increase to 4 - Colorful, Dark, Black, and White. only colorful and white are available in Access ProPlus, access home there are all 4 colours available

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Access drop down tabs covers information

When your in Access, when everything is compact; when you start clicking the top tabs ; Home, Create, External Data, Database Tools... etc. The half inch of drop down covers information. It'd be nice if the information drops down along with the bar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a transposed view option to query design - columns and rows swapped.

The standard view is hard to use... being able to see all of my fields in query design at one time and the very few, rarely used; sort, criteria, table, etc options to one side would be much easier to use/maintain. Too much scrolling and resizing involved. We currently have 6 default row options in a Select query, but can only see 11 fields at the default size meaning any long field names or expressions are truncated or push related fields off the screen, that you need to see while editing the other.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. improve the relationship window

improve the automated table positioning so that the realtionship structure becomes directly visible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give back the ability to add grid lines to modern charts

Grid lines are a fundamental part of any non-pie chart. They allow for quick interpretation of the data. Please add the ability to add major and minor grid lines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Return the ability to add gridlines to modern charts.

Given the number of people and organizations that use Access either standalone or as a frontend to an SQL Server database, I do not understand why MS would limit modern charts at such a basic level. I actually feel that you should spend some time and resources in improving modern charts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Introduce an option to get VBA code from the wizards instead of a macro.

I hate when the wizards creates a macro instead of VBA code. Very often (95% of the time) I need to exchange the macro to code. Years ago the wizards created VBA code which was wonderful. Is it possible for you to consider to make it possible to choose if you want macro or VBA code?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Access para MacBook,

sou usuário do access e fico limitado por não funcionar no MacBook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please allow users to schedule Office 365 updates.

I couldn't find a feedback for Office 365 in general.
    But Office 365 needs to allow users to schedule update downloads during off peak hours. That's for rural customers using satellite internet. There are peak and off-peak hours. Downloading gigabytes of updates every months for various products just eats data that rural customers can't afford to squander during the peak hours. My off-peak hours start at 2am in the morning, and only go for a few hours.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I just want to say this is AMAZING Database.

This is an AMAZING database. I am using it to catalogue my HUNDREDS of MAD Magazines. I was originally planning to build my own but then came across this. Did a bit of fiddling with some fields and tables to make it a little more appropriate for my needs but FANTASTIC work - well done!!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Access Unlicensed Product

I Have Original Office 365 Software, Excel and Word Smoothly running but Access is Show The "Access(Unlicensed Product)" I Re-Registered Many More Time But Is Not Taken any Licensed Paths Like Mail ID and Product Keys

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Access file recovery software

If Access database files get corrupted then you can not restore the MDB or ACCDB Access files from the database.

Then firstly you have to repair the database. So I am suggesting you the best Access recovery tool for restoration of Access files.

The software very smartly repairs the database and helps the user to restore the lost Access files back to his/her system.

The tool supports files created by every version of MS Access and is compatible with every version of Windows OS.

For more information: https://github.com/happycool007/access-database-repair-tool-freeware

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update Dark Gray & Black Office Themes to make reading text & viewing objects clearer

I am seeing light grey text on white which makes text unreadable. Also white text on white lines making text difficult to read. Join line is pixelated, and theme does not appear to be consistent throughout. See https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Access/Microsoft-Office-2019-Now-Available-Comparing-2019-2016-365-New/m-p/780689 for screenshot of query design view with suggestions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BugFix: Attachment Control

This is an issue that is driving me nuts. I have a small database with 2 forms and a report.

Setup
    Create a table with a few text fields and an attachment field. (Table1)
    Create a form bound to Table1 (Form1)
    Create an unbound form with a command button (Form2)
    Create an unbound report with a chart (bound to table1 data or query) (Report1)

Create a command button on form1 to open form2
    Form2 command button to open report1

Issue Duplication:
    Open Form1 – Add data and add an attachment. Click button to open form2
    Open Form2 – Click button…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Modern Charts currency format bug

When using the currency format in modern charts, numbers below 0 are not properly formatted. The value is preceded with an e.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to use English in all menus (like the properties list) when developing instead of local version language

It would also be nice, when developing applications, to be able to use "English" in all the menues like the properties even if I have a Swedish version of Access 365. Sometimes the translation to my language is not that good. Some properties or events have the same name in Swedish but different in English. When opening the code window it is possible to understand which alternative it is but it is still a little annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Database Compare Tool for Access

We have a O365 Business Premium subscription and just found that this tool is not included in our package. Multiple versions of a database are a natural consequence of developing Access apps. In my opinion, this tool should be included in any package that includes Access. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories