Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate MS Access with Power Apps

I've been looking more into Power Apps, and I think it would be great for you to work with the Power Apps team to provide a web and mobile solution to what Access can do today on the premises of a server. Because there is unfortunately no web version of Access, maybe Power Apps can help solve this problem? Ideally, we should be able to continue moving (and linking) Access data into SQL and then create a Power App on top of the "Access-created" data from SQL; essentially viewing a Power Application that looks exactly like access but online and…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is great feedback that we are actually working on providing now. Using the comments below, we’d love to hear thoughts about solely focusing on SQL as a stepping stone to Power Apps for data migration purposes, or also investing in another way for you to connect to Power Apps through the Common Data Service (CDS). This database allows you to store, share and manage your data over the web, and eventually the phone (current MS investment). CDS is also Power Apps’ central underlying storage unit, as well as the entire Power Platform team’s key investment.
    Please see following link for information about CDS, and let us know: if Access created a data export & linked table capability from our platform to CDS, would you use it?:
    https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fpowerapps%2Fmaker%2Fcommon-data-service%2Fdata-platform-intro&data=04%7C01%7CEbo.Quansah%40microsoft.com%7C32c26c86b7fe4f3162a508d7f069896d%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637242208373640123%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C-1&sdata=GuvQ6o2aqKiBMs%2B1z2nvv0sNtAHNl8MPQqiOvsh0D1U%3D&reserved=0

We will still continue to make investments in SQL connection either way, but we are also happy to…

2. improve appearance and design of Access Forms

modern optical effects like in Windows 10 or modern webpages would heavily improve the value of created Apllications.
    Better Mouseover-Effects for Buttons, Fading Effects for Forms....
    it would be great!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "TEXT REPLACEMENT" as a feature of Windows 10 I have it on my Iphone the MAC has it It is where you can place a phrase into a document

With TEXT REPLACEMENT you can post a full phrase or paragraph into a document by having a shortcut. I use it on my Iphone all the time but it would be helpful to have it on my windows 10

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Explain clearly, what Access is and what it does. It popped up on my computer and seems just another option for making lists.

I can't find much online that goes beyond that. Even the Microsoft answer is not clear and deals with Dell computers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. What exactly is happening here?

A few weeks ago, I made a post here which questioned whether this forum was still being actively monitored, mentioning in particular that it was being spammed by adverts for e-mail migration software.

I received a polite reply from Microsoft, to the effect that it definitely was being moderated, and they then deleted my posting. However they left the thirteen spam adverts untouched, and they're still here today. Indeed, quite a few have been added since.

The unavoidable conclusion is that spurious adverts for third party software, entirely unrelated to Microsoft Access, are welcome here but objecting to their presence…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AC 2003 (keep)

No need to suggest anythin else than prevoius stated. Bring back 2003 db-window. Tried Access 2007, 16 and now 19. Still keep 2003. Why? Cause it´s just better.
    MS is not listening! Why?
    I thougt 16 0r 19 would finall fix it, but not.
    AC-people have false focus. The right way would be if we dev... could show upp an app looking like word, excel etc, or...
    My must hated thing about access is the nav pane - still after all these years is the same. Yes know I know better why I still keep 2003.
    Unfortenately, we are not…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why not define a Ctrl-". This would fill a field with one date higher than the field above it.

I do a fair amount of data entry that involves date data into a database table. I can use the Ctrl-' function to add to the field the data in the same field directly above it. This is great. But I have to enter a lot of records with dates, and the new record is for a different date, usually the next date on the calendar. So if there was a function Ctrl-", I would be able to directly add the next day to this record when compared to the record above it. For example if Record 12 has a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Import Thunderbird to Outlook PST

Mozilla Thunderbird supports MBOX and Maildir file formats that cannot be imported into MS Outlook mailboxes. If you want to open emails in Outlook then it is mandatory to convert Thunderbird data to PST format. MailsDaddy Thunderbird to Outlook Converter is a simple GUI based application that allows converting all mailboxes to PST and others simultaneously.

Features of the tool

1. Export single or multiple mailboxes at once.

2. Maintain folder hierarchy, rich text formatting, inline images, and attachment.

3. Convert MBOX file into 8 different mail formats.

4. Create single or separate PST file for all mailbox

5. Email preview with all properties

6. Migrate…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export EML to PST with all properties

MailsDaddy EML to PST Converter is a trusted program that helps the user to migrate Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, Zoho Mail, Thunderbird & other EML/EMLX based email client application to Windows Outlook. The EML Converter preserves all mail folder, inline images, rich text formatting & attachments in converted PST file.

Features of EML file converter

1. Simple GUI interface

2. Quick load feature

3. Generate preview of an email with attachments

4. Batch email migration

5. Various export format

6. Filter email migration

7. Support all Window and Outlook versions

For more detail: https://www.mailsdaddy.com/eml-to-pst-converter/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. BUG - Relationship window: Cannot view all tables

Office 365, 16.0.12730.20144 32-bit.

Select many tables at once in Relationship window - enough so that the list of tables spills over to a second set of columns. Scroll down to bottom of scroll bar, and cannot see the tables lower down. If I then resize the Access Window so it is shorter, I can scroll down and see more tables. And then if I make the Window taller again, I can see the bottom tables. But as soon as I touch the vertical scrollbar, focus shifts to the top again, and the bottom tables are again not showing.

Note…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Use F5 to run a query

When switching between SQL Management Studio and an Access front end I find myself pressing F5 to run the Access query as I've been working in the other window - would be good if F5 ran the query in Access as it does in SQLMS

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello! I would like to see boundries with dashed lines as an option.

My congregation is use to seeing dashed line boundaries to mean just doing one side of a street. With that feature, you can pick one part of the boundary or the entire outer boundary to have a dashed line. Would be a nice feature to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change the toolbar icon sizes back to the smaller size to allow more icons on the line

Change the toolbar icon sizes back to the smaller size to allow more icons on the line

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. VBA file access

Recover VBA files password with the help of a new VBA file password recovery tool. With this tool, you can access the encrypted or password-protected VBA files in very simple steps.
    The tool supports quick recovery of the VBA file password and it can recover the password of any length and complexity.

The tool supports VBA password recovery from all types of file formats including .doc, .xla, .xls, .xlsx files.
    For more info:- https://bit.ly/recoverVBAfilepassword

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Free PST password recovery

Easily recover the lost or forgotten PST file password with the help of a new Outlook PST password recovery tool. With this tool, you can recover the password of any PST file and of any size. There is no need of Outlook application, a user can recover the password without MS Outlook application.

The tool can recover a highly complicated and lengthy password and without any data alteration. The tool is 100% secure and recovers the password without any data loss. The tool recovers password in the readable text format and one can copy the recovered password to the clipboard. …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. NSF password recovery

Recover the NSF files password very easily. With the new NSF password recovery tool, you can easily recover the password of Lotus Notes without any problem. The tool recovers the password without any alteration in data and without any data loss.

The tool is 100% secure, effective, quick, consistent, and Genuine and it is used by many professionals.

It is highly compatible with all versions of IBM Notes and Windows.

For more info:- https://bit.ly/NSFpassword

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Lost or forgotten SQL database password

Have you lost or forgotten the SQL server database password? Don't worry, you can easily recover the SQL database password with a few simple and easy steps.

SQL Server is one of the widely used and the most reliable and comprehensive database management application. It can perform various tasks rigorously and thus offers high-end scalability for your database. But the problem arises when a user forgets or lost the password. When a user forgets the password he/she would not be able to login to the SQL database account.

So, if you forget your SQL database password then don't worry use…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How to recover ms access password

Have you lost or forgot the MS Access password? Looking for the best way to recover the MS Access password?
    With the new MDB password recovery tool, you can easily recover the password of your MS Access database. The tool is 100% secure, easy to use, and recovers the password without any data loss.

The tool can recover highly complex passwords including Multi encoding support (ANSI, numeric, Unicode, and alpha-numeric). It can recover the password of any length and complexity.

For more info:- https://bit.ly/0recoveraccesspaswrd

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 54 55
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)