Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Changing theme in access 365 proplus

It seems not possible to change the theme to black in Access 365 ProPlus. I have installed on another computer Access 365 Home and I can change it there. Further, all other ProPlus applications can be changed to Black. I have set the "UI" in registry editor to 4 which enables the colour options to increase to 4 - Colorful, Dark, Black, and White. only colorful and white are available in Access ProPlus, access home there are all 4 colours available

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office 365 Business Issue with Microsoft Access

I purchased Office 365 Business so that I could use Microsoft Access. As it stand the application does not work as designed. When you go in to Form view you see limited fields. When you go in to design view you can see more of the fields. I've spent several hours with Technical support trying to resolve the issues with no success. The problem as explained to me is the Home Inventory template is not compatible with Office 365. So my thoughts is why is if available as a template if it's not compatible. I would like to see the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Windows 10 1803 Frontend - Backend corruption issues

We have some databases with a split front end (stored on local computer) and backend (stored on a server mapped via relative path) using Access 2016 (build 9126.2259). Since upgrading many computers to Windows 10 1803 the backend database constantly becomes corrupt. We have to disable the three caches referenced in the article linked below in order for the corruption to stop, but this makes file server operations much slower while also causing unnecessary network traffic. We never had this issue on Windows 10 1703.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-7/ff686200(v=ws.10)

176 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add case sensitivity to VBA to naming of procedures, variables and so on.

If you want to follow naming conventions in VBA it's impossible to name a procedure for example "Foo" and a variable "foo".

VBA automatically changes the casing of one of them.

So please add case sensitivity to VBA to be able to properly name procedures, variables, types, declarations, events and so on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dual Windows support

Unlike Excel/Visual Studio Code/Chrome. Currently, Access Desktop has no split screen/windows feather. It is hard to compare the data and check data structure to write query.
    It would be better to have a split screen feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug Report - The graphical problem on the screen in Query Design View mode.

The problem is happening when is moving horizontal line between Show Table area and Field area, when is holding this line with mouse button.
    During the moving of the line is copying the content of the Query Field area on the desktop area and in Access working area.
    This problem is happening on new PCs / CPU Intel i5-i7-i8 / Processor Graphics Intel HD-630/640 / Windows 10 (1803/1809/1903).
    For better understanding the problem I can send a picture of screen. Please, give me an e-mail address.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add data tables to modern charts in MS Access

In classic charts and/or Excel you can show the data table for the related chart underneath. Need to add that functionality to the new Modern Charts in Access. I have some classic charts that do this already but the development time using that outdated Active X control is frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would like to be able to type letters for friends and family members

For some unknown reason I cannot get, or am not privileged to type
    letters to send to family members and friends, I would like for this problem to be resolved as soon as possible. Thanks,

Rev John K Copenhaver

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. allow a form field to be searchable on a popup form.

Allow a form field to be searchable in a pop up form, instead of graying out the Find section. It doesn't just gray out the View button. I wanted my form to be pop up and searchable, but no-go.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Access error: "Query is corrupt" fix for version 1902 doesn't fix the issue

The "fixed" build (build 11328.20480) for Access for Office 365 Semi-Annual (Version 1902) doesn't fix the issue for anyone at my work. We all still get "Query 'query name' is corrupt" just like when we were on the broken build (build 11328.20468). Is there other steps besides just installing the patch? Has anyone else seen this were the fixed build doesn't fix the issue?

Update: Tried the latest build (11328.20492) and the issue is still present.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Access drop down tabs covers information

When your in Access, when everything is compact; when you start clicking the top tabs ; Home, Create, External Data, Database Tools... etc. The half inch of drop down covers information. It'd be nice if the information drops down along with the bar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Access Add-ins are removed after every Office update (bug)

Every time I get an Office update, my Access Add-ins are uninstalled. This has been going on for at least a year. It doesn't affect all add-ins, about 1/4 of them stay (I have 26 installed). These may be ones that were installed with an .exe installer.

I think this is a bug but I don't think it will get a lot of attention because Access Add-ins aren't that popular. If you use add-ins and have seen this happen please vote.

My work around for this has been to use RegEdit to save my add-in registry settings to a .reg…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Choose columns when linking to Salesforce (see power query)

• make it possible to select a subset of fields from a Salesforce object

Primarily, this would make it possible to work with SF objects that have exceeded the limit of 256 or whatever it is for Access. There would be other benefits too. But this alone would make the Salesforce/Access integration much more doable (right now I have to use an intermediary such as power query or sql server for these larger objects)

• make it possible to link to Salesforce reports. (less important but very helpful)

1 is really very necessary. I'd go so far as to say that without

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop resizing Report and Form Labels in Design View, when editing the label's text.

I see this in both Forms and Reports, but it's more irritating in Report Design as the labels are more likely to have visible borders. Sometimes a report gets copied and repurposed to a similar task or the definition of a data set gets updated. When you edit the text in an existing label, the border automatically collapses around the new text, making it look ugly and poorly aligned to the other neatly arranged labels on the Report/Form. I don't care if it clips, I'll resize the font from the ribbon. I don't care if it leaves extra space -…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. kth Percentile function

Create an function to calculate kth Percentile as in excel that can be used in queries to calculate percent of grouped values

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please at least quadruple the number of database object handles available in Access

I frequently run up against the 2048 handle limit (and from the online searching for how to resolve this, it's clear that I'm not alone). PLEASE INCREASE the number of object handles available to Access.
    I'm supporting a reporting database that links to poorly designed tables (survey data in hundreds of fields that should be stored as records) in a vendor database that I have no control over. To make the data usable, I'm having to restructure the data, appending multiple union queries in order to get the data into a vertical format needed for our reporting needs. If I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Labels printing blank from Report Preview

I have an issue that happens from time to time at my current job. I can see the report label in the preview option however it prints blank labels for some odd reason. The report preview looks fine but the result is blank labels. I'm using a Zebra 410 printer and the labels are 1" margins. I already tried to reproduce the issue by changing the margins but it prints fine. Not able to reproduce the issue as of this moment. Looking for any pointers or suggestions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Implement support for (ADO) linking SQL tables and views using Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server

There is only support to use the ODBC driver for linking tables and views to Access 2016/2019 databases. For ADO we need to avoid mixing connection string and database access technologies.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change behavior if deleting a row

if you delete a marked row the row dissapears, and a security question appears. At this moment the row you want to delete isn't shown any more but the next row. This is misleading, since you don't wan't to delete the row now market. Instead the row you really want to delete should be visible and marked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow the use of tables in update queries without requiring them to be writeable

When executing an update query with multiple tables, all tables are currently required to be writeable.

Please allow us to use read-only tables and queries as a source of data for update queries, e.g.

UPDATE MyWritableTable rw
    INNER JOIN MyReadOnlyTable ro ON ro.ID = rw.ID
    SET rw.Field1 = ro.Field1

Since there are no write actions to MyReadOnlyTable, this query should not require it to be writable, but it does.

The current behaviour is a common source of misunderstanding (I often see questions about it on Stack Overflow), and limits the ability to update/merge in data from read-only data sources.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base