Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access Chart Add Features

There seem to be several things missing in the new "modern" charts in Access. A couple of things I have run into include:

• The gridlines don't seem to work, nor can I find a property to set their color

• There doesn't seem to be a place to set the desired color for each bar of a graph

• There doesn't seem to be a way to modify the sort order (or any of the SQL) of the "Transformed Row Source", for example to sort the categories by descending value

• Can't find settings to vary the tick marks etc.

Maybe I'm missing…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Bug - Forms with ActiveX controls cause Exception 0xc0000374 since at least 16.0.11727.20118

Opening/using forms that contain ActiveX controls, notably "Microsoft TreeView Control, version 6.0" cause Access to crash since at least version 16.0.11727.20210 on the Monthly channel. No versions in the Semi-annual (Targeted) channel seem to have this bug (yet).

The forms affected usually crash within moments of opening, but occasionally will work to some degree for several seconds.

Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 16.0.11727.20210, time stamp: 0x5d0d79e6
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x9bbcb4a9
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000df8cd
    Faulting process ID: 0x50d4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d52cbe9164d25e
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE
    Faulting module path:…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. improve the relationship window

improve the automated table positioning so that the realtionship structure becomes directly visible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Modern UX Menu Tree Control

This Control would have a Modern Appearance that we see on a lot of Websites using the Bootstrap technology. When the User resizes the Application, it would respond and collapse to a hash icon of some type.

This Control would be Table Sourced, where the Developer could enter Custom Search Terms and then map it to an existing Form Object. A default could be set to inherit the existing Custom Category, or inherit the Parent Child Navigation Buttons on a Navigation Control. The Developer could Customize from there. The Possibilities are endless.

The built-in Navigator exposes too many objects to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give back the ability to add grid lines to modern charts

Grid lines are a fundamental part of any non-pie chart. They allow for quick interpretation of the data. Please add the ability to add major and minor grid lines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. splitter control

A splitter control similar to the infragistics Vb6 control was one of my favourites.. It allowed you to apportion the screen in panels, great for displaying more than one thing at once. Saves alot of code in the resize event.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ny global mal

Mal for å holde orden på for eks idrettslag: Medlemmer, kontaktdata, betaling av kontingent (oversikt over hele medlemskapsperioden), Utsendelse av info på epost, adresseutskrift på konvolutter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Open Source the old .ocxs in order to get Developed in x64

Well with the recent push of 64bit Office and the problems that arise by the lack of the usual .ocx maybe its time for a step forward....how about Open Source the usual suspects like MsFlxGrd and the alike...its a fact that you have some brilliant controls over 20 years old that alive and kicking in 32bit but not in 64bit and A lot of developers are forced to get stucked in 32bit because they just work and they provide unparalled functionality ....so if you really want to push the 64bit and for any reason you can't develop the 64bit equivalents…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Return the ability to add gridlines to modern charts.

Given the number of people and organizations that use Access either standalone or as a frontend to an SQL Server database, I do not understand why MS would limit modern charts at such a basic level. I actually feel that you should spend some time and resources in improving modern charts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to add a table to track student discipline in the student database

I would like to keep track of certain infractions (cheating, horseplay, cell phone, etc.) for each student. I'm not sure how to add this to the current student database.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. QAT getting lost frequently in access 2016 after adding new items. I sit a bug or just only on my case...

After customizing the QAT for a specific access application, in perticular cases it goes to default QAT and all my effort to customize the QAT goes futile. Seems like a bug. Please look at it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. im bald

im balder than bald

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Office 365 Business Issue with Microsoft Access

I purchased Office 365 Business so that I could use Microsoft Access. As it stand the application does not work as designed. When you go in to Form view you see limited fields. When you go in to design view you can see more of the fields. I've spent several hours with Technical support trying to resolve the issues with no success. The problem as explained to me is the Home Inventory template is not compatible with Office 365. So my thoughts is why is if available as a template if it's not compatible. I would like to see the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix faulty VBA save functionality; add VBE auto-save and database recycle bin; add much better undo functionality

The Visual Basic editor should have an auto-save option. Code doesn't take much disk space, so this should be a default option (just like Word has an auto-save function). A couple of times, I lost a great deal of code EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT, when Access crashed. Obviously, something didn't work with your Visuals Basic save function, as I lost my changes. That needs to be fixed. Nowadays, I'm copying my code to another text editor, just in case Access crashes and I lose my work.

You should have a recycle bin in Access for deleted tables. Upon exiting…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Perform subquery first, and then only apply outer query (with outer query clauses) on results of subquery, for faster, better queries

When I use a subquery in a query, I expect the outer query to only work on the results of the subquery. However, today, it appears that the outer query (the WHERE clause in particular), is not being strictly run on just the results of the subquery. Instead, the join in the subquery appears to be being ignored, and the WHERE clause is run on the much bigger dataset of the subquery minus its join. This is counter-intuitive and probably incorrect. Please fix this. I had a subquery that only returned two rows, but it appeared Access was performing an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Faster CTRL+F datasheet functionality

Sometimes when I do a CTRL+F search on a column in datasheet mode, it takes much longer to complete than if I apply a column filter that does more or less the same thing. I suggest that you re-program your CTRL+F search function so that it makes use of query filters, to make it work faster.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Simple improvements for crash, and locked-up related issues

Sometimes CTRL+BREAK or ESCAPE doesn't work, even when Access says you can press CTRL+BREAK or ESCAPE to stop a task. I keep on running into this problem. I suggest better interrupts are programmed into Access that interrupt processing say every 30 seconds to listen to any interrupting key presses that have been made, so execution can be stopped. Fairly frequently, I'm having to crash out of Access to recover control of my computer. Even sometimes, I have to power off my computer completely (without a proper shutdown), to recover control of my computer. These should be simple things for Microsoft…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. new concept

new idea for stret light home detriot michigan to use solar panle and back cell like break switch stop city ligth cutting off

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. lot concepts that in intresting

im part corpration drye custom pallet git toe nail way for custom pallet custom new screw gun contact bosch maybe skill dewalt black deck robya milweel intrested

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base