Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hello! I would like to see boundries with dashed lines as an option.

My congregation is use to seeing dashed line boundaries to mean just doing one side of a street. With that feature, you can pick one part of the boundary or the entire outer boundary to have a dashed line. Would be a nice feature to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the toolbar icon sizes back to the smaller size to allow more icons on the line

Change the toolbar icon sizes back to the smaller size to allow more icons on the line

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. VBA file access

Recover VBA files password with the help of a new VBA file password recovery tool. With this tool, you can access the encrypted or password-protected VBA files in very simple steps.
    The tool supports quick recovery of the VBA file password and it can recover the password of any length and complexity.

The tool supports VBA password recovery from all types of file formats including .doc, .xla, .xls, .xlsx files.
    For more info:- https://bit.ly/recoverVBAfilepassword

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. NSF password recovery

Recover the NSF files password very easily. With the new NSF password recovery tool, you can easily recover the password of Lotus Notes without any problem. The tool recovers the password without any alteration in data and without any data loss.

The tool is 100% secure, effective, quick, consistent, and Genuine and it is used by many professionals.

It is highly compatible with all versions of IBM Notes and Windows.

For more info:- https://bit.ly/NSFpassword

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lost or forgotten SQL database password

Have you lost or forgotten the SQL server database password? Don't worry, you can easily recover the SQL database password with a few simple and easy steps.

SQL Server is one of the widely used and the most reliable and comprehensive database management application. It can perform various tasks rigorously and thus offers high-end scalability for your database. But the problem arises when a user forgets or lost the password. When a user forgets the password he/she would not be able to login to the SQL database account.

So, if you forget your SQL database password then don't worry use…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How to recover ms access password

Have you lost or forgot the MS Access password? Looking for the best way to recover the MS Access password?
    With the new MDB password recovery tool, you can easily recover the password of your MS Access database. The tool is 100% secure, easy to use, and recovers the password without any data loss.

The tool can recover highly complex passwords including Multi encoding support (ANSI, numeric, Unicode, and alpha-numeric). It can recover the password of any length and complexity.

For more info:- https://bit.ly/0recoveraccesspaswrd

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Backstage Fix version 2005

The BackStage of the latest release of Access as of 19/June/2020 appears to override the custom Backstage built via the usysribbons table. The File, New, Open, Account Tabs among others are visible even if the custom usys ribbon explicitly says not to include them. This then places our custom backstage into a nested Tab instead of being the default full screen Backstage as intended.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Display MsgBox upon closing Access asking if user wants to repair the database before closing it.

Access decides indiscriminately, while I am working on a VBA module in my db, to repair it and make a backup copy. This wipes out all breakpoints and bookmarks. VERY FRUSTRATING!!! This should NEVER happen while I am working on a db. At the very least, display a message asking me if I want to repair the db now and include a check box for repairing the db ONLY ON CLOSING!!! I have found no property setting that affects this. I would appreciate a response in order to fix the problem. I tend to think of this as a privacy…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MS Updates are killing us

In Dec... Your update wiped out our ability to query. We go through it. Last month SQL Server wouldn't query. We got through it. NOW On particular NEW MS OFFICE Installs my query is returning Gargage. I have the details with pictures. But I am recommending we shut off MS updates to both of my clients. If this "bug" is not fixed and it spreads to the whole company computers, we stop working.

No place for me to attach the graphic details of the NEW BUG.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add semantics to Hyperlink data type to allow escaped pound sign (#)

The Hyperlink column data type uses embedded pound signs (#) to separate portions of the definition of a hyperlink. That's just great until the (all too common) moment when some portion of the hyperlink definition includes a pound sign. Access Hyperlink datatype should allow some escape character preceding a # to cause the # to be treated as any other character rather than as separating a part of the hyperlink definition.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Local Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. search box on form properties

Add a search to the "property sheet" when in design view on a form. This would make it easier to find individual items.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. My access Query

My access Query with a wildcard is not working. Microsoft had me to change SQL and still not working.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why not define a Ctrl-". This would fill a field with one date higher than the field above it.

I do a fair amount of data entry that involves date data into a database table. I can use the Ctrl-' function to add to the field the data in the same field directly above it. This is great. But I have to enter a lot of records with dates, and the new record is for a different date, usually the next date on the calendar. So if there was a function Ctrl-", I would be able to directly add the next day to this record when compared to the record above it. For example if Record 12 has a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ODBC call failed in version 2007

Version 2007 popped in this morning, with new issues not seen before. I have been working on the decimal number issue in 2005, hoping for a fix for that, but instead got an ODBC error when opening a recordset. This error is not present if I have an access backend database. I have not yet had time to dig deeper into this yet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug with Office update 2005 build 12827 - Decimal data type enforced in ADO recordset based on passthru query

In my testing
    ODBC connection to Postgres v11
    Create a passthru query "SELECT COUNT(id)::INTEGER AS counter FROM foo"
    Mark query as returning records
    Open ADO recordset on above query

Result:
    rs.Fields("counter").type = 20 ' DECIMAL ?!
    rs.Fields("counter").value = ""

Same error with "SELECT COUNT(id)::BIGINT AS counter FROM foo"

Current state:
    Have to revert MSO on 20+ backoffice client machines and hope that ADO will be reverted as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. En vista diseño de tablas poder definir en la tabla el valor de ControlTiptext y que se herede al crear controles

La idea es que en vista diseño de tablas definir en la tabla el valor de ControlTiptext y que se herede al crear controles.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Performance Analyzer needs to be resiszable and NOT modal.

I recently started using the Performance Analyzer tool on the Database Tools Ribbon, to fix other peoples poorly designed but still quite essential work. Two major problems with it, are that the suggestions are almost always wider than the window, which has no scroll bar, and the dialog is also modal, preventing any manual investigation/repair, without closing the tool - Not very useful at all...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. XML Export and Import of Large Number (BigInt)

I can't complete round trip ExportXML and ImportXML of a table that contains a "Large Number" (BigInt) field. Currently, the BigInt field is stored in the XML output with an attribute:
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:decimal">
    When the XML that was exported from Access is imported back in to Access the field type is changed to "Number" and then all values that are bigger than Number fail to import.

When you say that you support BigInt I expect built-in functions to support it. You can test this using the export and import buttons in the GUI.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base