Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Complete the colour system on the Tabs when I open a new tab in the Navigation side bar

Complete the colour system on the Tabs when I open a new tab in the Navigation side bar. When I open a tab from my Navigation Side bar, the top one opened is pink.
    If I open another Tab, the list of tables/Reports/Forms/Queries should also change to be say pink to indicate which one is open on top.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Student Database

The Student Database template uses a tabbed form to access alternative data on a specific student. I would like to be able to add 2 more tabs, but when I set them up, they don't point to the specific student in the overarching form. Can you include a table in the template that gives some explanation on how the writer did this with the other tabs?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Rich Text fields in textboxes to show and create tables.

The Rich Text format of a Long Text field is very helpful for formatting text, but has the major flaw of not being able to create or display tables, i.e. grids. The FMS Total Access Memo ActiveX control will display them, but can't modify them, so Access currently seems to be unable to properly handle tables in formatted text. These need to be creatable and modifiable in textboxes on forms and displayable on reports, please.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. SQL editor navigation from Create > Query Design

Create > Query Design serves a modal popup requiring dismissal in order to opt to open the SQL text edit window. It would be nice to save a click by having an option to select SQL view, which would dismiss the table selector and open the SQL text editor

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have a box to check to not use client ID's on reports

We are a small firm. We do not use client ID's for anything. You should have a feature, or box to check, for small firms that don't use IDs to check so that we do not see them on any reports that print. It looks terrible to see a client ID that was created for a client on a report that will never ever be used. You should have the box on the Primary Contact screen to suppress IDs when creating new clients OR a box when running due date reports to run to mark x to not see/use the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. new templates for collectors

Microsoft Access templates for collectors. There are many different types of collections (e. g. minerals, rocks, fossils, artwork, coins, stamps, etc., etc.). I suggest that museums that specialize in each type of collection be consulted as to what information each type of template includes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Access Unlicensed Product

I Have Original Office 365 Software, Excel and Word Smoothly running but Access is Show The "Access(Unlicensed Product)" I Re-Registered Many More Time But Is Not Taken any Licensed Paths Like Mail ID and Product Keys

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. make set_spapprole work in a VBA context

SQL Server (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/system-stored-procedures/sp-setapprole-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017) has a great security feature to allow an app to assume a security role when connected to the server. This doesn't work from Access VBA. This leaves us having to give permissions to data that users can subvert. Whilst this can be mitigated, if Access could connect using a user account with no permissions, and switch to an app role with the right permissions security would be wonderful. SetAppRole is particular pleasant in that in the context we still know the original user who started the app.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Access file recovery software

If Access database files get corrupted then you can not restore the MDB or ACCDB Access files from the database.

Then firstly you have to repair the database. So I am suggesting you the best Access recovery tool for restoration of Access files.

The software very smartly repairs the database and helps the user to restore the lost Access files back to his/her system.

The tool supports files created by every version of MS Access and is compatible with every version of Windows OS.

For more information: https://github.com/happycool007/access-database-repair-tool-freeware

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Produce an audit trail for converting older Access programs to Access 365

Have Access 365 produce a report showing the changes it makes to older Access databases after you run and compile in Access 365. I recently encountered a situation where Access365 automatically resized one of my forms on conversion making the form seem to be invisible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AccessReport

Please add Pivot Table and Report Header Freez Option in access db reports

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable reports to display whole pdf-files that are saved as attachments in tables.

Currently, when using the attachment saving method, you can only display images in reports. When you try to display a pdf file, you will only see the thumbnail of a generic pdf file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix "There isn't enough memory to update the Display" issues

Our customers are increasingly encountering "There isn't enough memory to update the display. Close unneeded programs and try again." error messages after working in the application for a few minutes/hours.

This screen capture shows example:
    https://bluelink-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/darren_bluelink_ca/EcLAFCqZkedHn7tqsKHwUUABFrj6r6bo3qvT1FXAgxXrBA?e=TN6o2R

Note that this customer had no other Access forms Open other than the one shown in the screen capture.

Is there a code change that can be made, or is this a problem that the Access team has to solve? Note this is running in Server 2016 RDP server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. also post a video, showing how to load telephone contacts for the first time. the current video shows how to update of delete records only

I suggest you post a video showing how to load telephone contacts for the first time. The current video only shows how to update or delete records only

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Update Dark Gray & Black Office Themes to make reading text & viewing objects clearer

I am seeing light grey text on white which makes text unreadable. Also white text on white lines making text difficult to read. Join line is pixelated, and theme does not appear to be consistent throughout. See https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Access/Microsoft-Office-2019-Now-Available-Comparing-2019-2016-365-New/m-p/780689 for screenshot of query design view with suggestions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Utilisez la langue française

Votre site est inutilisable par 80 % des français.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. splitter control

A splitter control similar to the infragistics Vb6 control was one of my favourites.. It allowed you to apportion the screen in panels, great for displaying more than one thing at once. Saves alot of code in the resize event.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Modern Charts currency format bug

When using the currency format in modern charts, numbers below 0 are not properly formatted. The value is preceded with an e.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Return the ability to add gridlines to modern charts.

Given the number of people and organizations that use Access either standalone or as a frontend to an SQL Server database, I do not understand why MS would limit modern charts at such a basic level. I actually feel that you should spend some time and resources in improving modern charts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When setting 'can grow' to yes in a form field, the form field should grow!

I have a form with a subform. The subform is set to continuous because I want to see all of the records that relate to that particular item.

I have a form field (Text Box) which is set to Long Text, and the properties are Can grow = yes, except in form view the field doesn't grow! Apparently this is reserved for when the form or report is printed. This is not what users want or need, and I don't want to have to set the field to be bigger than it is just so that any wrapped text shows…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base