Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add a new menu item view sql

add a new menu item in order to view the sql behind a query; sometimes it takes ages to load a query in design, I just want to see the sql behind it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a built-in age function

Create a built in age function. This function should take in birthdate and ageasof_date as inputs, and calculate age as an output.

Datediff is close, but a little bit off, and requires adding a more complex if/then corrective function to get age fully precise.

In cases of contractual or regulatory compliance, the added precision is required.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Accessibility

I've received a few request for Accessibility from our CSAM's to provide while Customer Engineers are delivering workshops. Since these requests I've not be able to find any information or anyone that can provide this information on Accessibility. If a customer need Accessibility for a workshop that is being delivered via remote or onsite it would be nice to be able to provide this as a service to our them. This would be very beneficial to our customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide an Option to Disable the Add Tables Palette

The 'Add Tables' palette is redundant as tables & queries may be added to a query by dragging them from the Navigation Pane.

The Add Tables palette is displayed every time a new query is created and it would be useful to be able to disable it completely.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix Bug - InStr And InStrRev

InStr or InStrRev function results in error or crashes database if sort order is “General”).
    Work around: Options > General > New database sort order > General - Legacy’, followed by ‘compact database’.
    The behaviour is very odd in that e.g. it may or may not work first time after reboot / logon, but fails subsequently. Compacting and then restarting the database never fixes the issue.
    This problem resulted from recent (Quarter 2 to July 2020) Windows and / or Access 2019 updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MS Updates are killing us

In Dec... Your update wiped out our ability to query. We go through it. Last month SQL Server wouldn't query. We got through it. NOW On particular NEW MS OFFICE Installs my query is returning Gargage. I have the details with pictures. But I am recommending we shut off MS updates to both of my clients. If this "bug" is not fixed and it spreads to the whole company computers, we stop working.

No place for me to attach the graphic details of the NEW BUG.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My access Query

My access Query with a wildcard is not working. Microsoft had me to change SQL and still not working.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug with Office update 2005 build 12827 - Decimal data type enforced in ADO recordset based on passthru query

In my testing
    ODBC connection to Postgres v11
    Create a passthru query "SELECT COUNT(id)::INTEGER AS counter FROM foo"
    Mark query as returning records
    Open ADO recordset on above query

Result:
    rs.Fields("counter").type = 20 ' DECIMAL ?!
    rs.Fields("counter").value = ""

Same error with "SELECT COUNT(id)::BIGINT AS counter FROM foo"

Current state:
    Have to revert MSO on 20+ backoffice client machines and hope that ADO will be reverted as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add "Find and Replace" functionality in Queries "SQL view".

It will be really helpful to change/correct table names/references quickly.

Many times I need to change the base table names to a different one in a complex query with formulas that refer to table names. Currently, I need to copy the SQL to notepad, make the changes and paste it back in the SQL view. However, this resets the column ordering in Datasheet view. I think "Find and Replace" is quite basic function to have while working in "SQL View".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Tables Task Pane scroll wheel should scroll the list

Update the Add Tables Task Pane so if you've clicked into the list and scroll the mouse wheel it scrolls the list. Even better if the mouse is over the list and you scroll the wheel it should scroll the list.

Also arrow keys should allow you to move up and down on the list after you've click on an entry in the list.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Easiest way to split the Outlook PST files

If you looking at the easiest way to split the Outlook PST files then use MailsDaddy PST Split Tool. It is a most popular single wizard application, which easily divides the Outlook PST file according to date, folder, size, and email id. The software is compatible with all editions of Windows OS and MS Outlook.

More Info- https://www.mailsdaddy.com/pst-split-tool/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Best way to migrate NSF to Office 365 cloud

If anyone wants to migrate Lotus Notes mailbox data into Office 365 mailbox then try NSF to Office 365 Migration Tool. It easily adds and browses the NSF mailbox items and convert to Exchange Online cloud platform without losing any data. It easily performs with all versions of Windows OS and compatible with all editions of Lotus Notes.

More Info- http://www.nsfto.com/office-365/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add OFFSET and FETCH to queries

It doesn't need to be as complex as SQL Server, but pagination would be nice Something like:

SELECT Customers.*
    FROM Customers
    ORDER BY Customers.Name
    OFFSET 20 FETCH 5;

This would be so amazing.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Use F5 to run a query

When switching between SQL Management Studio and an Access front end I find myself pressing F5 to run the Access query as I've been working in the other window - would be good if F5 ran the query in Access as it does in SQLMS

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please at least quadruple the number of database object handles available in Access

I frequently run up against the 2048 handle limit (and from the online searching for how to resolve this, it's clear that I'm not alone). PLEASE INCREASE the number of object handles available to Access.
    I'm supporting a reporting database that links to poorly designed tables (survey data in hundreds of fields that should be stored as records) in a vendor database that I have no control over. To make the data usable, I'm having to restructure the data, appending multiple union queries in order to get the data into a vertical format needed for our reporting needs. If I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Right click DUPLICATE a table, query, etc

Right click DUPLICATE a table, query, etc. Instead of Copy/paste.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Someone needs to be fired (really)

The recent Access updates that broke the most simple update queries was bad. However, Microsoft's response was even worse. Rather than Microsoft fixing the very serious problem they created, they said we should change the way we update records in our applications. What moron thought that was an appropriate response? Like many other throughout the world, we have a production system with 400K lines of code and you want us to rewrite every update statement because you do not want to roll out a bug fix? Then, someone thought it was a good idea to wait 30 days to fix…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Presentacion de tablas de access en Power Point

Seria necesario que las tablas de accces se puedan visualizar en Power Point sin necesidad de macros (Sin codigos). y tambien en slideshow

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Perform subquery first, and then only apply outer query (with outer query clauses) on results of subquery, for faster, better queries

When I use a subquery in a query, I expect the outer query to only work on the results of the subquery. However, today, it appears that the outer query (the WHERE clause in particular), is not being strictly run on just the results of the subquery. Instead, the join in the subquery appears to be being ignored, and the WHERE clause is run on the much bigger dataset of the subquery minus its join. This is counter-intuitive and probably incorrect. Please fix this. I had a subquery that only returned two rows, but it appeared Access was performing an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories