Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Bug - InStr And InStrRev

InStr or InStrRev function results in error or crashes database if sort order is “General”).
    Work around: Options > General > New database sort order > General - Legacy’, followed by ‘compact database’.
    The behaviour is very odd in that e.g. it may or may not work first time after reboot / logon, but fails subsequently. Compacting and then restarting the database never fixes the issue.
    This problem resulted from recent (Quarter 2 to July 2020) Windows and / or Access 2019 updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For starters, could you have feedback on the latest edge and not IE 11. I would like for Word or Outlook to have a different colour icon.

For starters, could you have feedback on the latest edge and not IE 11. I would like for Word or Outlook to have a different coloured icon. They are both on my taskbar and it's annoying when you look down quickly and think you are choosing one when you choose the other. All the other colours make quick selection easy, but 2 blues?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Import PST to Office 365 an automated tool

MS Office 365 email service provides various opportunities for businesses to standardize the requirement . Moving PST to Exchange Online can be formidable. EdbMails import PST to Office 365 utility does this job easy . You can migrate a particular folder or outlook data files that you want to migrate from a PST file to Office 365 tenant.

The solution supports the migration of PST files to Office 365 including emails with attachments, tasks, notes, contacts, and calendars.

Overview of its features:

Direct PST file migration to Office 365 tenants
    No limitations on File Size
    Supports Incremental migration. No duplicate…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. include an example to illustrate declare or setup of Hyperlink field

When using class mode of VBA, there is no explicit example to declare or use Get/Let procedure

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automated Office 365 Migration

EdbMails simplifies Office 365 Migration by automating the configuration and migration tasks. Effectively transfers the data between two Office 365 tenants. It allows you to migrate all the existing mailboxes, contacts and distribution groups, etc. from one Office 365 tenant to another. Its incremental migration feature avoids duplicates on the target mailbox.

Key Features & Advantages:

• It can perform as a single batch move that includes all of your mailboxes, contacts, and distribution group objects, etc.

• Designed with multithreading which improves migration speed and saves lot of time.

• Only the newly added items are migrated to your target server on…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow contact info to be changed. It is tied to location, but we have a different point of contact

In the contact info box, we cannot change the default name to our local contact. The name that populates is a person that does not work in this facility.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable us to lock the tab we're working on within a Tab Control

Working on controls within a Tab Control can be very frustrating. You can't drag a box around controls, because you end up moving the Tab Control containing them and I'm forever accidentally selecting the Tab Control.

Can we have some way of locking us on to the selected tab, locking the Tab Control's position and allowing us to drag a box around controls on a Tab Control?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Convert OLM files to PST format

Convert all the Mac OLM files to Outlook PST format with the help of new OLM to PST converter tool. The tool maintains the data integrity and accuracy and converts the OLM files to PST format without any data loss. The tool is 100% secure and prevents the data loss while converting OLM files to PST format.

With this, a user can convert all the OLM file data including email, tasks, calendar, notes, contacts, and another customized folder of the same format are also converted precisely without damaging any data.
    For more info:- https://bit.ly/OLMtoPSTtool

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Datasheet enhancements

Please increase the size of the footer of the data sheet to make it easier to see and use the record controls. The number of records box should be much bigger to see large record numbers. Also, the search box should be at the top of the datasheet to make it more intuitive to use and be inline with the emphasis Microsoft now gives search in all its applications. I would like to see wrappable columns heading. And the filter button, the add button and a delete and refresh button at the upper right hand part of the datasheet so…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include Find/Replace dialogue when using Shift F2 to edit code

I use code for the recordset property of a form and if I need to make changes I cut and paste to notepad but now we have "find & replace" in the SQL Editor. Can this functionality be incuded if editing the recordsource property or perhaps open the sql editor to make this easier.

Thanks for the great work on the Editor it really helps!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello! I would like to see boundries with dashed lines as an option.

My congregation is use to seeing dashed line boundaries to mean just doing one side of a street. With that feature, you can pick one part of the boundary or the entire outer boundary to have a dashed line. Would be a nice feature to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change the toolbar icon sizes back to the smaller size to allow more icons on the line

Change the toolbar icon sizes back to the smaller size to allow more icons on the line

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. VBA file access

Recover VBA files password with the help of a new VBA file password recovery tool. With this tool, you can access the encrypted or password-protected VBA files in very simple steps.
    The tool supports quick recovery of the VBA file password and it can recover the password of any length and complexity.

The tool supports VBA password recovery from all types of file formats including .doc, .xla, .xls, .xlsx files.
    For more info:- https://bit.ly/recoverVBAfilepassword

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. NSF password recovery

Recover the NSF files password very easily. With the new NSF password recovery tool, you can easily recover the password of Lotus Notes without any problem. The tool recovers the password without any alteration in data and without any data loss.

The tool is 100% secure, effective, quick, consistent, and Genuine and it is used by many professionals.

It is highly compatible with all versions of IBM Notes and Windows.

For more info:- https://bit.ly/NSFpassword

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lost or forgotten SQL database password

Have you lost or forgotten the SQL server database password? Don't worry, you can easily recover the SQL database password with a few simple and easy steps.

SQL Server is one of the widely used and the most reliable and comprehensive database management application. It can perform various tasks rigorously and thus offers high-end scalability for your database. But the problem arises when a user forgets or lost the password. When a user forgets the password he/she would not be able to login to the SQL database account.

So, if you forget your SQL database password then don't worry use…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How to recover ms access password

Have you lost or forgot the MS Access password? Looking for the best way to recover the MS Access password?
    With the new MDB password recovery tool, you can easily recover the password of your MS Access database. The tool is 100% secure, easy to use, and recovers the password without any data loss.

The tool can recover highly complex passwords including Multi encoding support (ANSI, numeric, Unicode, and alpha-numeric). It can recover the password of any length and complexity.

For more info:- https://bit.ly/0recoveraccesspaswrd

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Backstage Fix version 2005

The BackStage of the latest release of Access as of 19/June/2020 appears to override the custom Backstage built via the usysribbons table. The File, New, Open, Account Tabs among others are visible even if the custom usys ribbon explicitly says not to include them. This then places our custom backstage into a nested Tab instead of being the default full screen Backstage as intended.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display MsgBox upon closing Access asking if user wants to repair the database before closing it.

Access decides indiscriminately, while I am working on a VBA module in my db, to repair it and make a backup copy. This wipes out all breakpoints and bookmarks. VERY FRUSTRATING!!! This should NEVER happen while I am working on a db. At the very least, display a message asking me if I want to repair the db now and include a check box for repairing the db ONLY ON CLOSING!!! I have found no property setting that affects this. I would appreciate a response in order to fix the problem. I tend to think of this as a privacy…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base