Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate Access With Version Control Systems Like Git(Hub) and Azure DevOps

Integrating Access with version control systems, enables multiple developers to work simultaneously on the same application/database. This would would highly improve the development cycle for present Access development teams. And it would also make Access a very interesting Rapid Application Development-tool for other development teams.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow a Developer to Format their Code with Tab & Space

I have selected the Forms category but this applies equally to Functions, Modules as well as Subs. I did create examples of this but it does not format correctly in this little window.
    When you write code you cannot use the Tab or space to align code to make it easier to read. As an instance, if you are declaring variables, they will often have names of different lengths, there is then the '=' followed by the value to assign. You cannot set the '=' on each line to the same vertical position. What you end up with is a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow GetObject to be disabled for the PC. This would disable a security hole...

Allow GetObject to be disabled for a specific PC. This would plug a security hole that currently allows a 2nd access program to bypass security in running access program and change data and would prevent the second PC from running any sql statements they wish. Reference the Anders Ebro video in this list for November 2020

https://accessusergroups.org/et/videos/

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dentist Ryde

Dfclinic offers state-of-the-art dentistry in a relaxed environment. GAP FREE for a checkup, clean and X-ray. Dentist Ryde (02) 9809 7479.

Go to the link for more info : https://dfclinic.com.au/dental-clinic/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Buenos dias les sugiero una plantilla de clientes promociones y descuentos y numero de ventas

una plantilla de clientes promociones y descuentos y numero de ventas. Gracias

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have a reinstall Button that Allows us simply to reinstall Access if it becomes damaged

In my program the wizards have been damaged. It would be nice for us simpler minded people a way to reinslall Access. Or, some way that can repair the program

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. hacer que ms access funcione para IOS

Los usuarios de e IOS necesitamos poder acceder a ms Access ya quer es un buen manejador de bases de datos, yo personalmente lo utilizo para fines de investigación y educacionales

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. enable chart creators to customize the axes

As a line chart creator, I would like to be able to customize my axis scale and labels rather than Access making assumptions. Example: I would like to show the 12 months of the year on the x-axis while having my individual transactions show up as data points on their transaction dates without labels for their dates on the axis. I would also like to customize the scale and labeling on the y-axis. I would also like the origin to be at 0 on the y-axis.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. is there a way to connect the database with outlook emails to track last contact?

I have a client data contacts database, but I would like to know then I emailed them last and also to be able to enter notes from phone conversations

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Linked Tables, Caching and Offline Database Sync

Hello,

I think some of us are badly missing the great feature that we were using with Access database connected to SharePoint lists, the feature that allow users to work offline and reconnect/sync the data when they are online.

I would suggest to bring this feature back for the link tables and add an option under Current Database (Access options) to turn on this feature to turn on and cache / sync for link tables. For-example if we have Azure SQL in the cloud and created an application that requires the field people to work offline or any other factors…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Triple Click to select entire Cell's (field) content

When triple clicking a "cell" (field's content) Access should highlight the entire content, so we can copy/cut/delete it without having to manually use Ctrl A or dragging manually from the start until the end of the content of the field.

It's a feature that works across multiple applications (triple click selects entire cells or entire lines depending where you use it) and it's a huge time saver.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Waste Management Company in Oman

Get waste management service to removal your waste & disposal. Contact recycling LLC which provide the waste services and the most trustable Waste management company in Oman. For any kind of services you need in recycling or waste. Contact recycling services for any inquiry.

https://www.recycling-s.com/waste-management/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How do I set up a trust in Scotland?

Now I am telling you the deep knowledge of trust typically a trust is a legal arrangement where one or more persons or a company, and in the situation the trustee controls your money or assets. which they must use for the benefit of one or more people. For example, if your friend would be the trustee, your money would be the trust property, and you did be the beneficiary and the people who benefit from the trust. Angel Trust Family to provide professional trustee services Scotland, you visit the site to get more information. Visit for more information: https://theangeltrust.com/services/trust-registration-service/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Womens Fashion Online Store in UK

Zanouchi is a leading brand of online shopping sites for Women’s which provides the lots of fashion, designing or branding clothes in best lady fashion designs.
    https://www.zanouchi.com/collections/women

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. FIX This JET SQL Syntax error

ALTER TABLE [tFIL@CTL] ADD COLUMN [LasttMVSKUUpdate] DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT #04-01-2021 00:00:00#;

Syntax error

This should NOT be a syntax error - and it is at present, solely because JET/Ace parser won't correctly parse the DATE literal value of a DEFAULT constraint from within Access(DAO/JET SQL) itself....but it might work if you do the very same command via an ADODB Command!?? What sense does this make??

This same ALTER TABLE statement WILL work (in DAO/JET SQL) if the value is a Numeric or Text value - it only blow up with DATE values. This…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Online Clothing Stores For Kids

Zanouchi is the best brand of online shopping or kids online acceessories shoes,belts,t-shirt, etc. Zanouchi offers the best price range of kids fashion clothes, and accessories in reasonable or best price range.

https://www.zanouchi.com/collections/kids

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The Best Mobile App Development Company in Delhi

Looking for the best mobile app development company in Delhi for making good apps. Our services are comprehensive, customized, and fully scalable according to the business needs of the clients. Contact Avenir digital stories is here with giving the best services in android or IOS app development services. For any query visit our website and information for the services.

https://www.digitalstories.co.in/mobile-application-development

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Industrial Waste Management Services Oman

Get the industrail waste management services in oman to recycle your waste or products and give the contribution to clean the environment. Recycling services LLC is here to help you and provide the waste or recycled management services. Recycling services LLC helps to dispose your waste professionally.

https://www.recycling-s.com/waste-management/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Architecture Firms in Muscat

Tri visuals are the landscaping, construction, infrastructure & Architectural company in Oman that provides the leading services in sketch design or interior design service. We give the best package offers services including all interior design architecture etc.

https://tri-visuals.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Linked Table Manager enhancement - Trigger events

I understand the Linked Table Manager enhancements are on the MS Dev Team's agenda.
    I'd like to suggest that the enhanced Linked Table Manager expose a COM interface with EVENTS that a VBA app can detect and respond to.
    This could be of benefit to All Apps in an SDLC sense (we can query the tabledefs to connection info already, but can't detect when they are changed via the LTM or otherwise), and can allow some apps to react to protect the security or integrity of their data/connections.

If the Linked Table Manager could expose events like:

LTM Start
    LTM…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)