Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG - Relationship window: Cannot view all tables

Office 365, 16.0.12730.20144 32-bit.

Select many tables at once in Relationship window - enough so that the list of tables spills over to a second set of columns. Scroll down to bottom of scroll bar, and cannot see the tables lower down. If I then resize the Access Window so it is shorter, I can scroll down and see more tables. And then if I make the Window taller again, I can see the bottom tables. But as soon as I touch the vertical scrollbar, focus shifts to the top again, and the bottom tables are again not showing.

Note…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GroupWise to Office 365 Migration

Shoviv Groupwise to Office 365 migration is the most trusted and reliable solution on the web. Using this smart utility user can efficiently do Groupwise mailboxes migration while preserving the original properties of data items. This migration utility easily migrates multiple Groupwise mailboxes directly into Office 365 and migrate GroupWise local/remote/archive data into Office 365. Additionally, If users have outlook profiles then, this tool allows exporting GroupWise mailboxes directly into outlook. The migration process of this software is much easier because of its unique and attractive user-interface which is comfortable for all types of users either they are beginner or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. GroupWise to Office 365 Migration - Bitdataconversion

If you have been seeking to carry Novell GroupWise to Office 365 migration, the GroupWise to Office 365 migration tool by Bitdatacoversion Software would be the perfect choice for you. This tool has got compatibility with all the versions of GroupWise and those of Microsoft Outlook as well. It is an easy way to migrate all GroupWise emails to Office 365. It is compatible with all Windows Operating Systems, canceling any possibility of obstruction of Novell GroupWise to Office 365 migration.

Key features of Novell GroupWise to Office 365 Migration tool:

1. No limitation of size with regards to files in data conversion

2. Fast Novell…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. support high resolution monitors

forms don't resize properly when maximised on high resolution screens, when the twips goes above the int scale.

All kinds of errors with object width property setting, and docmd.resize accepts variant datatype but errors if value is above int size.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Querydef as source for subform

We have no way to use querydef as subform soure
    Problem
    Option 1 use ado - disadvantage - no master child
    Option 2 - linked table - disadvantage - no server side filter, can bring millions of records to client - stupid and ineffective
    Suggest
    Option 3 - querydef as standard snapshot recordset for all forms and subforms and server side filter
    You are 15 years behind.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import MBOX to Outlook

Now get the simple solution of your query on "how to Import MBOX to Outlook". Nowadays, users can easily do the cross-platform conversion one such conversion is the MBOX file to PST. MBOX is the most popular file format because it used by multiple email clients like Thunderbird, Pocomail, Gmail, Opera Mail, Eudora, Seamonkey, etc. It also supports several Mac email client applications like Entourage and Apple Mail. There are many other email clients also available like Outlook email application. According to the expert, Outlook has a widely used email application and, it used PST file format for storing entire…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. GroupWise to Outlook PST Converter - Reliable and Easy to use

If one can want to convert Groupwise mailboxes into Outlook PST format then, you can also try a third-party tool named Bitdataconversion for Groupwise to Outlook Converter that can convert your multiple Groupwise mailboxes into Outlook PST format. Additionally, the tool allows exporting archive data as well.

For more info visit here: http://www.apsense.com/article/how-to-export-groupwise-mailboxes-into-outlook-pst.html

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add Option Application.UNLoadCustomUI

Situation:
    We have linked database to SQL database
    users can choose what database the connect - they are all same schema
    We use VBA tebledef to change all Linked Tables to a Database
    this is our only alternative to Old Good ADP!!!

for each database - as an AD user - you may have different permissions for the new database
    based on that we load ribbon from xml in the loaded SQL database And using the callback in VBA we make each TAB in the ribbon Visible or not.

we need an option to simply mimic the Application.LoadCustomUI

and have…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I can't manage password in this file

If u can release this file (Access) to be able to create new user within password protecting is good

at least thanks for ur hard working for us
    Thank You so much

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have the "start where I left off" functionality as in Word

working on a database with over 11,000 bibliographic records. Having the "start where I left off" would be useful and save endless noting down on a pad "up to record ID xxx" on paper

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft Access 2016 Runtime Problems

I have some questions about Microsoft Access 2016 Runtime

1) I don't know if it is updated automatically or how to update it manually.
    2) When I create a PDF With Docmd.OutputTo it is closed the program, If I repeat the process the program works ok.
    3) When I make updates in the program and then I put .accdr file in the customers computers (Access 2016 Runtime), Few minutes later the program crash (Database) and the message that appear is "Unrecognized database format" Error

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Correct a feature side effect: Display Display Text Scaling Vs. Access Navigation Pane.

If the user uses the Windows display setting to increase the text size across all applications, the scaling corrupts the operation of the Access Navigation pane. Apparently the navigation pane cannot handle the change in scale and will not display properly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a visual clue that the data is still being loaded before user can get the drop-down to choose type (e.g., Sum, or Count)

After I add a Totals row to my datasheet (by clicking the Sigma button), I was expecting to get a drop down when I click on any column for the Totals row. With a Linked Table (SQL Server), I wasn't getting this. I assumed it was because this Totals row would not work for Linked Tables, perhaps?

I had even asked why this might be with this SQL Server support forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/502dea49-1a92-4fdb-89b0-1d778a7b7df4/not-able-to-display-column-totals-totals-row-in-ms-access-for-linked-table-from-sql-server

As described in that forum post, the reason I wasn't getting the drop-down allowing me to choose Sum, or Count, etc., was because MS Access was still loading…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Operaciones de "promedio" y "contar", en campos calculados de tablas

Sacar un promedio de un determinado grupo de campos, de los cuales si tienen un valor nulo, solo no los cuente y se divida para el número de campos que si tienen valor, esto en Excel es relativamente fácil pero en access no existe como hacerlo directamente ni en tablas ni en consultas y si lo haces en consultas hay que hacer muchos calculos. podría enviarles un ejemplo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST Migration

Windows Live Mail to Outlook migration requires an efficient application that easily converts WLM EML files to PST files. MailsDaddy EML to PST Converter supports all EML/EMLx based email clients including Windows Live Mail. There is no file size limit in the application so that the user can export the data as much as he/she wants. The software maintains email properties such as Bcc, Cc, subject, attachment, etc. With the help of this tool, you can easily convert Windows Live Mail files to PST simultaneously to save time. It imports email from Windows Live Mail with attachments and also supports…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the NOrthwind data base editable

I like the northwind template but wish I could edit it.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. what does "Preview for pogo.com is not available" mean?

My computer (Windows10 LAPTOP, not mobile) has restricted access to ALL Internet Searches by using the words "Preview for (anything searchable) is not available" and "Must use New App: ms-appx-web".
    Cannot open my already-paid-for pogo.com which had been pinned to bottom Taskbar. Email, news, weather and Focus Assist WORKS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it possible to refresh Access.Printers without having to restart Access

When using msaccess.exe via RemoteApp, sometimes printers are missing in the Access.Printers collection. But if you open Devices & Printers from the RemoteApp, you can see that they're there in the OS, but they were probably installing when Access was starting.

Relaunching msaccess.exe cures the issue, but if it were possible to run a function to refresh Access's list of printers, that would be a preferable solution.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base