Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hallo

menemen

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Student Database for all Education Levels

Can you make a student database that is customizable or one dedicated adult education? I would like to be able to use the Access App. It would help me keep consistent in program usage.

It would be great to be able to log in contact, emergency contact, attendance, grades and whatever else you can think about

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. forms record navigation area make the number of records larger!

If you have a form on screen with a few thousand records the small area in the navigation line at the bottom of the field cannot show large numbers. Eg record 234 of 34,000 does not display very well.
    It should be easier to make this area bigger!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Where are you

It has become obvious in reviewing this hub that Microsoft has no interest in feedback. Unless I am missing something, out of all the feedbacks provided, Microsoft has only tagged 3 for future consideration, and they are all dated years ago, and has followed thru on none.

What is the point to this feedback channel?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Access para MacBook,

sou usuário do access e fico limitado por não funcionar no MacBook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please allow users to schedule Office 365 updates.

I couldn't find a feedback for Office 365 in general.
    But Office 365 needs to allow users to schedule update downloads during off peak hours. That's for rural customers using satellite internet. There are peak and off-peak hours. Downloading gigabytes of updates every months for various products just eats data that rural customers can't afford to squander during the peak hours. My off-peak hours start at 2am in the morning, and only go for a few hours.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Inventory sheet: # , item, serial number, model number, size, Price$

Should be in 14pt and vertical lines between items. spacing of horizontal lines should be 1/4 inch wide.
    Primary use would be for 2nd hand store, or pawn shop.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Editor] Adding the language column at keyword, ad and extension levels

We can't see the language of keywords, ads or extensions from Editor as the column is not available at this level. The language is only displayed at the Campaign and Adgroup levels.

For accounts with just one language it is not problematic, but when campaigns and adgroups have multiple languages we can't dispatch the data we export for keywords, ads and extensions.

As NQS requires the data to be sent per market AND language, it is inconvenient when requesting for an editorial review.

Could it be possible to add the hereditated language to keywords, ads and extensions in Editor? Langage…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I just want to say this is AMAZING Database.

This is an AMAZING database. I am using it to catalogue my HUNDREDS of MAD Magazines. I was originally planning to build my own but then came across this. Did a bit of fiddling with some fields and tables to make it a little more appropriate for my needs but FANTASTIC work - well done!!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow load data from / link to Excel Table

Display Excel Table names in the Wizard when loading/linking external Excel data, currently only specific name range or the spreadsheet is visible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. kth Percentile function

Create an function to calculate kth Percentile as in excel that can be used in queries to calculate percent of grouped values

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Complete the colour system on the Tabs when I open a new tab in the Navigation side bar

Complete the colour system on the Tabs when I open a new tab in the Navigation side bar. When I open a tab from my Navigation Side bar, the top one opened is pink.
    If I open another Tab, the list of tables/Reports/Forms/Queries should also change to be say pink to indicate which one is open on top.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Student Database

The Student Database template uses a tabbed form to access alternative data on a specific student. I would like to be able to add 2 more tabs, but when I set them up, they don't point to the specific student in the overarching form. Can you include a table in the template that gives some explanation on how the writer did this with the other tabs?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable Rich Text fields in textboxes to show and create tables.

The Rich Text format of a Long Text field is very helpful for formatting text, but has the major flaw of not being able to create or display tables, i.e. grids. The FMS Total Access Memo ActiveX control will display them, but can't modify them, so Access currently seems to be unable to properly handle tables in formatted text. These need to be creatable and modifiable in textboxes on forms and displayable on reports, please.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SQL editor navigation from Create > Query Design

Create > Query Design serves a modal popup requiring dismissal in order to opt to open the SQL text edit window. It would be nice to save a click by having an option to select SQL view, which would dismiss the table selector and open the SQL text editor

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have a box to check to not use client ID's on reports

We are a small firm. We do not use client ID's for anything. You should have a feature, or box to check, for small firms that don't use IDs to check so that we do not see them on any reports that print. It looks terrible to see a client ID that was created for a client on a report that will never ever be used. You should have the box on the Primary Contact screen to suppress IDs when creating new clients OR a box when running due date reports to run to mark x to not see/use the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. new templates for collectors

Microsoft Access templates for collectors. There are many different types of collections (e. g. minerals, rocks, fossils, artwork, coins, stamps, etc., etc.). I suggest that museums that specialize in each type of collection be consulted as to what information each type of template includes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Access Unlicensed Product

I Have Original Office 365 Software, Excel and Word Smoothly running but Access is Show The "Access(Unlicensed Product)" I Re-Registered Many More Time But Is Not Taken any Licensed Paths Like Mail ID and Product Keys

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make set_spapprole work in a VBA context

SQL Server (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/system-stored-procedures/sp-setapprole-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017) has a great security feature to allow an app to assume a security role when connected to the server. This doesn't work from Access VBA. This leaves us having to give permissions to data that users can subvert. Whilst this can be mitigated, if Access could connect using a user account with no permissions, and switch to an app role with the right permissions security would be wonderful. SetAppRole is particular pleasant in that in the context we still know the original user who started the app.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base