Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bring it into conformance with high DPI design standards

Need to clean up all the UI to scale properly on high DPI displays. E.g., Navigation pane vertical object spacing, low res navigation pane object and navigation (expand/contract) icons, and "Save changes to the following objects" dialog box.

(Hate to spend precious votes on what is basically a set of defects, but there it is.)

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide an easy way to share Rich text between Access and other Office Applications

Access 2007 added the Rich Text control so we can store rich formatted text in Access. What it forgot to add was an easy way to share that formatted text in Excel or Word. Please add a means to share the rich text data in at least other Office apps and a easy way to strip the formmatting when exporting to formats like .csv.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Document the LoadFromText and SaveAsText methods

There are two undocumented methods, SaveAsText and LoadFromText, which were originally used for the old SCC integration. Since Access 2013, the source code integration has been removed and we now rely on third party tools (e.g. OASIS-SVN or Ivercy being example). It is my understanding those still rely on the undocumented methods. This request is to ask that Access team document those methods and thus make it supported so that those tools can continue to count on it being available and provide a solution for source code without taking any resources from Microsoft.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please stop Access 2013 from automatically changing the Modified Date on Access files if no changes are made to a file

I have Office Professional 2013.

I have it installed on an Asus Laptop running Windows 8.1.

Also OP 2010 on Windows 7.

I open 99% of my files through "File Explorer" as I have several thousand (files) sorted into numerous sub-folders.

Whenever I open an Access file to check some details and then close it WITHOUT MAKING CHANGES "File Explorer" shows that Access has automatically changed the "Date Modified" to the most recent date and time that I open and then close the file.

This is despite the fact that the last time I may have made a change whether…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VB Code References Dialog Box should be sizable

If we open any VBA module (either a module or the one in code-behind-forms), one of the choices we have is pointing the Jet or Ace engine to the correct Reference Library. This dialog box is very small and should be bigger by default. Ideally it should be sizable and Access should remember the size where we left it. That would be NICE!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Changing theme in access 365 proplus

It seems not possible to change the theme to black in Access 365 ProPlus. I have installed on another computer Access 365 Home and I can change it there. Further, all other ProPlus applications can be changed to Black. I have set the "UI" in registry editor to 4 which enables the colour options to increase to 4 - Colorful, Dark, Black, and White. only colorful and white are available in Access ProPlus, access home there are all 4 colours available

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Buy out EverythingAccess.com's vbWatchdog add-in and incorporate it into VBA

Error-handling: Buy out EverythingAccess.com's vbWatchdog add-in and incorporate it into VBA. It makes error-handling so much easier and much like that in .NET.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. file corruption. make access more robust. even with sql server backend is frontend corruption a problem

I would think after all these years MS has a pretty good knowldge about reasons for file corruption. It is quite the joy when The dreaded dialog that deletes Your vba Project appears...

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. wpf

wpf/xaml Controls and Windows

allow to insert wpf/xaml Windows to be placed in the forms-container.
    so developers can switch partially the accdb apps to new databases

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support strong-typed nullable data types.

In VBA, we can only store nulls in a Variant data type. But I hate this because this lacks information whether this is a string, a number or date. In SQL, those data types are all nullable but we have to constantly do Nz(), IsNull(), to avoid the nefarious error "Invalid use of Null".

Please make it possible for us to specify a nullable data type so that we also know this can be only either a null or a number (and thus prevent invalid entries of string in addition to writing self-documenting code).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Put more Access 2007 Background Colour in Access 2016

We find that the background colour selection in Access 2016 are way too restrictive (blinding white). Access 2007 has a light blue background and is pleasing to the eye. Would it be possible to include in Access 2016 along with other colour options?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create an "Access Enterprise" version with most of the improvements we've suggested.

This new SKU would be welcomed by Enterprise IT departments and the professional development community if it lives up to their expectations. You can also charge a subscription or one-time payment for the Access Enterprise runtime's in order to fund the improvements we've requested in this site.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow setting background color for Access desktop, and to change colors for form and report borders

I would like to use the grey background color of Access 2003 and also its blue border color for forms and reports. But now the background color of Access 2016 is white and the border color for forms and reports is white. In Access 2010 you were able to reproduce the 2003 look by setting some options, but that has been removed in Access 2016. Please advise if this capability exists, or please add it.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Problem "Error 3040 Query is corrupt"

Problem "Error 3040 Query is corrupt" request for fix earlier than December 10. This bug causes a lot of problems for my customers!

This problem should not be underestimated and is huge.

KB4484127, KB4484119 en KB4484113

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

See support.office.com/en-us/article/access-err..

For updates, this is fixed for almost all channels now (a fix has been available for most users since 11/18).

16. Bug Report -- Multiple Access Crashes

Since 8/1/2018, MS Access has been crashing repeatedly on multiple machines in our office. We are on 64 bit Office 365 and Windows 10. It appears some bug must have been introduced during one of the automatic updates.

This crash appears to occur with automation where I think a second instance of MS Access is calling an MS access program, but not totally sure:

Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 16.0.10325.20118, time stamp: 0x5b64d927
    Faulting module name: OLEAUT32.dll, version: 10.0.17134.48, time stamp: 0xebd737a3
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000008a283
    Faulting process id: 0x32a0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d43fb636a345d3
    Faulting application path:…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give us a PDB (Program Debug Database) as in VS

What I would welcome most is line number information on errors. We all know about error numbers that are not always "self-explanatory"...

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. CurrentModule, CurrentClass, CurrentProcedure properties

Create these properties so that when writing VBA Code they can be easily referenced. Example MsgBox "Hello Word", vbInformation, currentModule & " - " & currentProcedure

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve the statistical capability of MS Access

Take on IBM SPSS Modeler. For example, work with the developers of R Statistical Computing to provide regression, clustering and neural network functions. At the very least extend the Domain Aggregate functionality to include a percentile capability.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories