Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Crash when setting a filter in a Report in a Navigation Control (Access 2013/2016)

I have a form with a navigation control. In a navigation button, I set the Navigation Target to the Report "rptTest". In the Open event of rptTest, I set a filter:

Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)

Me.Filter = "TestID > 5"
    Me.FilterOn = True

' Access crashes on the End Sub Statement in the second execution
    End Sub

When I navigate to this button, the Report_Open event is fired twice, and the crash occurs on the Exit Sub the second time around. It is a hard crash with the message "Access has stopped working".
    I can produce the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SQL Server - Linked Tables: Add discription to field names in development mode.

In MS Access its easy to add descriptions to fields in table editor. These descriptions are neither taken over when using ssma nor are they brought back to Access when already existing in sql server.

I've written a vba-script that creates an T_SQL script to create all field descriptions of a table. But even if descriptions exists they are not reshown in the linked table.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base