Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Publish A Developers Roadmap for MS-Access Desktop and Web.

Give us some CONCRETE plans to hang our hats on for the future path MS-Access is intended to take. We need this sort of roadmap from Microsfot to help us PUSH BACK against the IT and other technologies trying their best to PUSH MS-Access OUT of the picture entirely!

It would be REALLY GREAT to have MS's Mighty Marketing Management Machine actually step up to the plate and:
    1) understand this tool and where it fits into the overall IT/Business picture (something they plainly fail to comprehend now)
    2) Actually Market and support their own damned product! (when's the last…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We understand the need for a public roadmap, and thank you for calling it out again.

I’m updating the status to No Current Plan so that all supporters can get their votes back and use them wisely :-)

Thanks,
    Michal [MSFT]

2. Include Access Desktop in all O365 subscription plans.

The idea is to demonstrate its power for developing sophisticated applications and to proliferate its use. The average user tends to use Excel instead of Access because it's a lot easier for them to grasp, so perhaps MSFT can create a website for all Professional Access Developers and refer users who desire education and development assistance?

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Frank for the suggestion.
    I’ve passed this feedback including all comments) to relevant folks.
    Since it’s not a suggestion for the product per-se, I’m updating the status so you can get your votes back.
    Use them wisely :-)

3. Add the facilities and features of Power Query and Power Pivot to Access as an add-in module

Power Query is supercharged with Extract, Transform, Load features. The Access Import features are getting way old.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Amanda for suggesting.
    We are reviewing similar requests (for example https://access.uservoice.com/forums/319956-access-desktop-application/suggestions/11156427-include-the-ability-to-connect-to-new-data-sources).
    However, it will be valuable to understand which new data sources and functionalities are appealing (in the other suggestion/new specific suggestion).

I’m updating the status to ‘no Current Plan’ so that you can reuse your votes.

Thanks,
    Michal [MSFT]

4. Naming

Naming rules
    When creating forms and report Access use the standard naming
    Labels as LabelsXX
    Buttons as CommandXXX
    And so ON
    What users do is that they rename this after own preferences

Labels as lblNameofControl
    Buttons as btn
    MyName

This naming option should be customizable for each user so they can set their own rules for how the labels or buttons or other controls should get their name in MS Access

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Local Help

Enable Local Help Files as it used to be. The web help is slow, often leads to incorrect correct.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring Access to the year 2017

OK, enough of COM controls and VBA programming. The controls need a complete overhaul that look like and act like year 2017 controls not 1981 controls. We need more controls that you would find in .net interface. The chart control, datashets and almost all other controls need to be moved out of the COM world. Creating a dashboard in near impossible with the current controls and layout handling.

Also VBA is ok but very limited compared to .net. Both are your products why not integrate them.

We need a true grid control, better comboboxs, true PDF support, better and attractive…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us.

However as written, we feel that this suggestion is not actionable. Please feel free to create new itemized suggestions that are more actionable.

Thanks,
    Michal [MSFT]

7. 24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks everyone for voting and supporting this suggestion.
    As you are all aware, Pivot Charts and Pivot Tables have been removed from Access 2013 because the technology they relied on was deprecated (Office Web Components).

Since Pivot Charts as we all know them, will not come back to Access, we are updating the status accordingly and would like to encourage you to continue and use your free votes to support other suggestions.

The ask for similar functionality is well known and documented.

Thanks,

8. OSX Support

Would be great to see this application on Apple's operating system.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. VBA Updates

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    VBA Native line numbering
    '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Adding line numbers is something that is a pet peeve. Line numbers should be Native and error trappable by default without having to add them manually.

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    VBA Accessible Call Stack
    '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A way to read from the call stack, function/sub names in order accessed, times accessed...etc

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    VBA Custom Toolbars to allow custom Macro/Function Calls
    '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If I could add my ow custom functions as a toolbar button and have my toolbar exportable and importable for others to use. As opposed to a full Add-In.

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    VBA button and/or right click to open…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. HURRY UP AND MAKE ACCESS ON MAC!!!!!

Mac needs an amazing database software and time and time again, you still don't create a version for Mac! MS Remote Desktop is not ideal when you need to use Access all the time! Look at everyone on Mac that is suffering. JUST MAKE A MAC VERSION.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integration of C#/ .Net

Please, add a C#-Editor and intregate the .net-framework in access and excel to replace vba

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    No Current Plan  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. g

Native integration of vb.net

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After Add Pivot Charts back to Access , add new types of charts and improve the Graphics

the Usual Types and graphics of Pivot charts on previous versions
    looks Not modern
    And types is not enough
    need new types , improved graphics and Easy control .

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MS Access

I would like to have a cloud version of MS Access and really need it for my business could you please indicate a timeframe ?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If Microsoft plans to increase the Sales of MS-Access, please have a MAC Version created

Hello Team,
    The Standard Version of Office runs really cool without any doubt on a MAC. But there are millions of MAC users who don't use MAC for Graphics or Animation development but instead look at it as a Stable Machine that can run MS-OFFICE...(Wink).
    The real crux in the MAC Office version is MS-Access which when integrated with Outlook is a perfect combination. But the sad part is its missing and only you can make it happen.
    There are Millions of Applications out there which should be running on a MAC which really aren't cause there is no MAC…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    No Current Plan  ·  1 comment  ·  Product Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix Long standing known bugs!

Instead of looking for new features, why not fix what doesn't work properly. There are a number of well documented bugs (15+ years old in some cases?!) it would be nice if they were addressed.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dolly (et al), the risks involved in fixing bugs (and introducing new ones or breaking existing solutions) is a major consideration for us when prioritizing the bugs we are attempting to fix.
    With that in mind, we are looking also into some of the older bugs and assessing the risk, investment and impact.

It would be great and much more in line with the UserVoice site objective, to specify which bugs you are looking for us to solve, which are the major pain point for you.
    I suggest you list them as separate items in this site and let others vote on them.

In order to free up your votes, I’m ‘closing’ this item as “no Current Plan”.

Thanks

18. Future of MS Access

Hello
    My post is a general post about which way should MS Access take in the future. I have used Access as a professional tool in my company against large and small companies from the early versions of Access. I believe that this is the most common use of Access although Microsoft from the beginning of the product have added this at the Office package as a low-threshold entry to the database worlds. Microsoft has reduced the availability of Access in its Office suites from early beginnings. In view of this, I mean Microsoft should let go of Access as…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. allow Microsoft Access to run on Macs--it's about to be 2017, for goodness sakes!

I suggest you...allow Microsoft Access to run on Macs--it's about to be 2017, for goodness sakes!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop randomly omitting text in reports

Sometimes, MS Access reports silently omit lines of text. This bug exists since at least Access 2007, and it's very annoying -- customers have to manually double-check every invoice to make sure that everything important has actually been printed.

The bug is well-known (see, for example, StackOverflow questions 10612364 and 14716048, SuperUser question 455782, MSDN thread 648dd3a2-28c1-4f0d-853c-ef932c58519f, or Microsoft Support Cases 114032111284860 and 115072312971316), but, apparently, has not been considered important enough to be fixed.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting.
    We will add this bug report to our backlog and see that it is prioritized and handled.
    In the meantime, I’m updating the status for ‘No Current Plan’ so that you use your votes again.

Thanks,
    Michal [MSFT]

• Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base