Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deliberately making products like Access cause eyestrain? How about change light blue-and-white, light grey-and-white to BLACK AND WHITE !!

Did you deliberately make products like Access and Excel in such a way to cause eyestrain? Try the spell check in Word 2016 !!! How about changing light blue-and-white, very light grey-and-white to BLACK AND WHITE ??? In our office we're convinced that MS has a big department only devoted to making users suffer as much as possible in many ways.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Correct (2 Issues)

Please consider disabling “Name AutoCorrect” and “object dependency information” (Objektnamen-Autokorrektur) by default. It does more harm than good.
    - Assistants and Database Parts should not “correct” existing forms. Although I have disabled Name AutoCorrect, I’ve had this issue recently.

Please consider setting the “AllowAutoCorrect” property for text- and combo box-controls to false by default. Many kinds of input fields like Names (of people, places) don’t benefit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add "Site" to the "Move to Sharepoint Site Issues" table

When moving tables to SharePoint, on error, Access creates a *somewhat* nice table with Issue, Reason, Object Type, Object Name, Field Name ... but no info on the SharePoint side! hmm... someone dropped the ball on THAT! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. return the current object status bar display during Database Documenter

return the current object status bar display during Database Documenter

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Online Help Work

If I open the property sheet for a table added to a query in design view, put the cursor in the Source property box and press F1 I'm taken to https://msdn.microsoft.com/it-it/library/dd831853(v=vs.110).aspx?appId=Dev11IDEF1&l=en-US&k=k(vbaac10.chm4505)%3bk(TargetFrameworkMoniker-Office.Version%3dv16)&rd=true; how can I see the relevant help?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To add functions Tan2, ATan2, ASin, ACos, log10

To add functions Tan2, ATan2, ASin, ACos, log10, maybe degToRad, radToDeg and some others. They can be written easily in VBA, but built in ones would be faster and more dependable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On the SPOTLIGHT IMAGES, move the text from the middle to the side after I say "I like it" so I can view the picture without a distrac.

I love the "Spotlight Images. Move the text from the middle of the picture to the side after I say "I like it" so I can view the picture without a distraction. I use the pictures for meditation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. pre-filled contact sheet, that is blank to match the entry structure of contacts blank

make a printable template sheet that matches info to fill in new contacts for written on the road use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Correct bug when importing forms with old ie-control

If creating a new empty accdb (acc 2013 32 bit) and you say "import all" and you have a form (in the old accdb) which contains an (older) IE-Control (part from Internet explorer) Then the form cannot copied over to a new database, but that form corrupts. Old bug, but extremely ennoying, as you cannot be sure that the created database is OK. Especially when you have 100+ Forms in it ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. dimensione massima di un file di ACCESS

aumentare la dimensione massima di un file di ACCESS, attualmente limitata a 2GB

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SaveAs

I add SaveAs to my QAT -- but it would be nice if it was there by default.

When Save As (for object) from the backstage or whatever it is being these days, does NOT show what you are looking at -- this makes naming difficult.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve the facility to group tables under its parent database in the Linked Table Manager form

I have more than 10 Backend ACCDB's connecting to a single Front-end ACCDB. In such a scenario it becomes very difficult to identify which tables are linked to which database.
    I would like to request the Access team to Group all tables to the ACCDB from where they are being linked to. This way its easy to identify and relink only the required tables and jump directly to its parent database.
    Thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Be able to read piv credentials

Many places now user PIV cards to authenticate users. It would be create to be able to access that information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. json linking

People asked for exporting and importing json data but what about linking to json data?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable conditional formatting in individual cells of a Listbox

I think this is related to some earlier postings by other users.
    Conditional formatting much like what is available in Excel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. change the tab order functionality to be similar to visual studio where an indicator appears next to the control to see/change the order

When you have a lot of controls on a form and need to change the tab order, it would be great to have the functionality similar to visual studio where an indicator appears next to the control to be able to easily see/change the order

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Search Bar history, and maybe logical operators like AND, OR, NOT

I use the Search Bar in the Navigation Pane a lot. And specially if you name queries, forms, tables etc with same prefix/suffix code (ie q03_CustomerList, f03_CustomerList) you get the various objects that is connected to each other just by searching 03. It is really fast and easy to design/work on your objects this way. But what I often miss is a Search Bar history, showing the different searches you have done during a working day. Another nice feature to add is ability to have logical operators (AND, OR, NOT) in the Search Bar...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Refer to Support ticket # 5289030 for user: K7WCS@SCATeam.org, for issue with displaying photos in Print Preview.

Photos display very poorly in Print Preview, while they display correctly in Report View and in Form View. There are numerous screen clips of the issue taken by the technician, which are included in the indicated ticket.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)