Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There should be a feature to disable the ability to export all objects in access desktop database

There should be a feature to disable the ability to export all objects in access 2007 SP3 up to access 2016 desktop database, regardless whether the database is passworded or not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Local Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search a replace inside the DataMacro editor.

Search an replace text/fields inside the DataMacro editor. I hate having to visually scan a huge data macro for one field if I have made the slightest change.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to fix the size of a query window

When I open a query window, I often have to spend a while re-sizing it and moving it before I can view the results.
    Although there is a re-size menu option at the tip left, this only works for that session.
    When I open the query next time it is back to its original size.
    They are often far too large and have lots of black space to the right of the window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Putting a softkey in access to convert form to report

Its good to have a softkey in access to convert ( form) to (report ) so we don't have to design a report that have same shape and design aspect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. to fix the the problem of exposure of some CommandBarControl's through FindControl

Hi,
    Here's the problem:
    Despite what the contents of https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6627 imply, some Controls could not be found by their corresponding ID's (listed in the above-mentioned document):
    * Numbering: 11
    * Bullets: 12
    * IndentIncrease: 3507
    * IndentDecrease: 3508

(You may find more details in https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/15fe8310-908e-402c-aa99-0e9a47e3e9cc/trying-to-access-the-commandbarcontrol-corresponding-to-bullets-numbering-and-list-level?forum=accessdev#492a9823-0ae2-4f15-b6d2-c372ba9156a8)

Thanking you in advance for your kind attention.

-- Aram Gharib

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Just get the first record for each whatever in a list

In queries, when there are multiple records for criteria, it would be nice if we could specify to just get the first record matching a certain condition but show all records matching criteria for the query.

Example:
    list of all last order dates for a customer

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. bloat

it would be great if Access files would not Change the size so othen (bloat) and if the file size could be reduced. This would minimize Performance issues with different Virus Scanners and other issues.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. RDP of MS Access is Excrutiatingly Slow

I've narrowed down the issue, when the "Property Sheet" on the right is shown RDP lag time is in the seconds, hide the "Property Sheet" and it's back to full speed.

Using latest stable Access 365. Please fix.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Filemaker is a subsidiary of Apple Inc. Access databases have more users. Could Access product become a subsidiary, not just part of O365

Filemaker is a subsidiary of Apple Inc. Access databases have more users. I have been using Access databases for the last 15 years. Could Access database product become an independent subsidiary of Microsoft Inc., not just part of Office 365? Hate to see this product die.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. design wizzard to transform old apps in modern design

there are so many good working Access applications but too many look Grey-old like norhwind.
    Please make a simple Transformation wizzard for forms to Change the design of all existing forms in one Application. Change Color, font, increase space between controls, bring alle Buttons to a modern design and Standard Actions on buttons with a modern Icon, endless forms with alterning Colors ….
    this could increase the value of many Access applications and the Image of access!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SQL Server - Linked Tables: Add discription to field names in development mode.

In MS Access its easy to add descriptions to fields in table editor. These descriptions are neither taken over when using ssma nor are they brought back to Access when already existing in sql server.

I've written a vba-script that creates an T_SQL script to create all field descriptions of a table. But even if descriptions exists they are not reshown in the linked table.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting.

We are designing on a new Linked Table Manager dialog, incorporating suggestions and requests made in UserVoice and other forums.

Stay tuned.

Regards,
    The Access Team

12. Provide an easier method to return or pass property values to a dialog form

I understand this would require a re-wickering of Access forms, but this is difficult to accomplish in Access without some serious workarounds. At least have something like a Dialogresult property as in .Net so the user can get simple values from the dialog form when closed.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. interate a powerful smtp-mail object with html and attachment support

the docmd.sendobject ist too limited.
    html formated Mail-Body is essential and easy sending attached files.
    the object should be robust, and retry sending if the mailserver is not available.
    If the existing Rich Text Control would support Pictures it would be perfect to use it as a mail Editor.
    That would be great!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bug in Access build 11029.20108 -Memory crash

I have a screen shot of the error message if someone can point me in the direction of someone who cares. The crash happens when I had the MS Access Menu open and Windows alerted me to a restart pending. I accepted the restart only to be prompted with an Error - The instruction at 0x0000000077BBEB85 referenced memory at 0x00000000000000060. The The memory could not be written.

The error title was Access:MSACCESS.EXE - Application Error

click ok to terminate the program

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create a GUI to Manage Shared Images

There is currently no way to review image in the Gallery. It would be nice to have the mean to review, edit, delete the gallery.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable the use of functions such as Split directly queries

Enable the use of functions such as Split directly queries

It makes no sense to be required to make dummy function to use built-in very useful functions in a query!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add Align Objects Center and Align Objects Middle

These buttons would work they way they do in other Office products.

Also, rename Align Left|Right|Top|Bottom for objects to include the word object. Align Left, for instance, is the tooltip for 2 very different things.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. commandbar

Please provide a meaningful value (other than the current " ") for the Name property of the Commandbar object representing the shortcut menu which comes up when you right-click the very top of a Form open in Form mode (and ditto for reports) so that this can easily be disabled in code. It is currently one of three Commandbars with no meaningful Name.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix the Object Dependencies tool for Queries with table Aliases

Object dependencies does not work correctly for queries where table alias are used. It displays the alias name, not the table name. This is very annoying.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Feedback and Knowledge Base