Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I am trying to import data from .csv and missing the ability to import a field formatted as a simple date.

I was looking for Microsoft Access assistance for an issue I'm having with importing date data from a .csv file. I'd like to import as Date, Short Date. The only option I'm seeing is Date with Time, which does not work when importing my date data. Using the date with time option actually deletes all of the dates that I'm trying to import. If I select text, I need to go in and change all date fields after each import to be date, short date formatted. Help please! Am I missing something? Can this be fixed, or will I need…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gebrauchsanweisungen müssen in Landessprache sein

Gebrauchsanweisungen müssen in Landessprache sein, Microsoft haftet für Fehler durch Missverständnisse bei falscher Übersetzung entstehen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to attach any big file such as pdf along with personal image/photo place

It will be great if there will be option to attach any big file such as pdf along with personal image/photo place

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. convert MDE TO MDB

How Can I Convert MDE To MDB Wth VBA , If Unlock Possible?!!! Or Export Forms Or Reports To New Application

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have ms access supporting 4k displays

Currently MS access graph doesn't display correctly graphs in 4k format. It should be added

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bold Task Title List and Manualy move task order

Add the ability to Bold just the Task Title List and manualy move task order by dropping and dragging

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix the Database Documenter so it returns the correct value for Query RecordsetType.

In Access 2007 and 2010, the Database Documenter returns the wrong value for Query RecordsetTypes.

If a query has the Recordset Type set to 'Snapshot' in the Design view, the Database Documenter reports that the Recordset Type is 'Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates)'.

If a query has the Recordset Type set to 'Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates)', the Database Documenter reports that the Recordset Type is '0' (which I believe is the value for 'Dynaset').

Setting the Recordset Type to 'Dynaset' does return the correct value in the Database Documenter, but this is the only setting to do so.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to export *.accb encrypted data to Word

Issue:
    Access database in the current *.accdb format contains a client table & queries used as a data source in Word Mail Merge. The Access database is encrypted and password protected using the recommended encryption (default), but Word Mail Merge can't open the data source (using OLE DB Database Files or MS Access Database via ODBC (*.mdb.accdb)). Switching to the older encryption (legacy) bypasses the issue on costs of weaker encryption or using the deprecated MS Access Database via DDE (*.mdb,*.mde) but this causes Access to shut down after the Word document is closed (this DDE method is not recommend…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The user query when pasting multiple lines in a form does not initiate code

Therefore data in the form is not refreshed which may lead to faulty calculations being displayed until you manually refresh the form.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. BUG - Linked Table Manager removes tables from custom groups in Navigation Pane

Case: user creates custom views in Navigation Pane and puts tables to custom groups for navigation convenience. If such table is a linked table, any relink with Link Table Manager now removes the table from custom group, putting it into a single heap of "Unassigned Objects". This makes navigation a pain. This was not a default behavior several updates ago. All tables stayed in their places. Please fix this bug.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Macro designer is out of order

When dragging multiple items from the navigation pane onto the macro designer window they are not inserted in the same order as they appear on the navigation pane.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable option to suppress warnings about another user being changing the same dataset.

When multiple users are working simultaneously on the same Access database, Access is constantly warning that another user has changed the dataset in meantime. In multiuser environment this is often annoying and unnecessary. Access should enable option to switch-off these warnings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Navigation Control Bug Causing State Loss and VBA Project Reset

Clicking on two different tabs of Navigation control each tab containing a subform is causing state loss in the VBA environment. Running code is reset, all static and object references are lost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show Fieldtypes in the Realtionship - Window

In the Relationship Window is would be helpfull, if all fieldtypes are shown, not only a Keysymbol for the indexfield.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When setting 'can grow' to yes in a form field, the form field should grow!

I have a form with a subform. The subform is set to continuous because I want to see all of the records that relate to that particular item.

I have a form field (Text Box) which is set to Long Text, and the properties are Can grow = yes, except in form view the field doesn't grow! Apparently this is reserved for when the form or report is printed. This is not what users want or need, and I don't want to have to set the field to be bigger than it is just so that any wrapped text shows…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Formula field type

I'd like to be able to define an input field as a calculated field based on a simple formula (arithmetic operations + parenthesis would be enough).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If you copy a database and access it at one time it breaks

Only Windows 10:
    When you save your changes and a data recovery service copy your edited files at the same time, they could break.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make forms in data sheet view really appear as such in stead of the persistent forms layout

One needs some tricks to make forms, when started from the switchboard to appear in a spreadsheet like way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base