Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why not define a Ctrl-". This would fill a field with one date higher than the field above it.

I do a fair amount of data entry that involves date data into a database table. I can use the Ctrl-' function to add to the field the data in the same field directly above it. This is great. But I have to enter a lot of records with dates, and the new record is for a different date, usually the next date on the calendar. So if there was a function Ctrl-", I would be able to directly add the next day to this record when compared to the record above it. For example if Record 12 has a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Acceso a pantillas

Seria una Buena idea que se tengan acceso no restringuido a las plantillas por que ahora los que tienen la suscripcion oficee 365 hogar no pueden ver las plantillas de empresas
    Sabinio
    Miami Florida

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Aggregate UDF type to VBA

Currently writing a UDF to operate on a single record when placed in the formula for the field definition is easy; however there is no way to write a UDF that shows up in the aggregate 'Total' drop down box of a group by query. An example usage would be making a 'JoinASC' UDF which would concatenate all of the aggregated data of the grouped records for the field it was applied to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow office to be installed on secondary hard drive.

Old versions of office allowed users to install on any hard drive they wanted. The current office 2016 consumes up valuable hard drive space for the Operating System. Allow the user to decide where they want it installed. To make it easy have a express or custom option for installation. I have seen many companies use this option it allows easy installation for those who are less tech savvy and those who have experience to customize their installation. I use Visual Studio 2017 and it allows an installation option. THIS IS A MUST most people have small hard drives for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Object Model Manipulation of the ctl.Filter.ValueList.RowSource in a Form Datasheet

The Filter Value List in datasheets is set to scan the full recordset's field to display a unique list. This takes time and i/o in a pure .accdb recordsource and worse, will not work if the recordset is based directly on an ODBC attached source.

Many Filter Value Lists are sourced from fields which are foreign keys to look up tables - we could intervene by feeding the look up table as source for the Filter Value List.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export EML to PST with all properties

MailsDaddy EML to PST Converter is a trusted program that helps the user to migrate Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, Zoho Mail, Thunderbird & other EML/EMLX based email client application to Windows Outlook. The EML Converter preserves all mail folder, inline images, rich text formatting & attachments in converted PST file.

Features of EML file converter

1. Simple GUI interface

2. Quick load feature

3. Generate preview of an email with attachments

4. Batch email migration

5. Various export format

6. Filter email migration

7. Support all Window and Outlook versions

For more detail: https://www.mailsdaddy.com/eml-to-pst-converter/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. what does "Preview for pogo.com is not available" mean?

My computer (Windows10 LAPTOP, not mobile) has restricted access to ALL Internet Searches by using the words "Preview for (anything searchable) is not available" and "Must use New App: ms-appx-web".
    Cannot open my already-paid-for pogo.com which had been pinned to bottom Taskbar. Email, news, weather and Focus Assist WORKS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ODBC call failed in version 2007

Version 2007 popped in this morning, with new issues not seen before. I have been working on the decimal number issue in 2005, hoping for a fix for that, but instead got an ODBC error when opening a recordset. This error is not present if I have an access backend database. I have not yet had time to dig deeper into this yet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have the Search box in the Navigation Bar autoexpand when used

The Search box in the Navigation Bar at the bottom of forms is a pretty small area -- sometimes tiny, depending on the size of the form. And if you use a Navigation Caption, it's even smaller still.

When the user clicks in the Search box, it should auto-expand, making the scroll bars next to it temporarily shorter and the Search box longer, until the user is done with the search. Then it can go back to normal.

Alternatively, it could be replaced with a small pop-up that appears when the user clicks in it. But just increasing the size…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a method for printing selected items from the Help Panel.

Perhaps this capability exists in MS Access 2016 but I am not aware of it. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. go fuck yourselves

simple, just get another dude, and get fucked. dildos work too. make sure they are black ones, they work best, and type ically they are the biggest ones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello! I would like to see boundries with dashed lines as an option.

My congregation is use to seeing dashed line boundaries to mean just doing one side of a street. With that feature, you can pick one part of the boundary or the entire outer boundary to have a dashed line. Would be a nice feature to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve the Event Model

We have to develop obscure workarounds for simple Events like MouseOver, et al. At least duplicate what is most common in other languages, like JS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Importing CSV files results in errors on german systems

On german systems semicolons are used instead of commas which is not accounted for when importing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable way apply attachment field value to control.

The attachment field in a table is great for storing custom pix to stay with database even if database is moved to a different computer. I need to make sure lots of custom pix (png, bitmap) go with a database file. Would be fantastic if Pix stored in a table’s attachment field could be used for items like background pix of form, or a pix for an activeX control or a bitmap for use on a command button. And COULD BE Set at runtime what pix in attachment field in a table is applied to what control. Would not mind,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copy of text does not work in Access

Simply Control-C or right clicking Copy of text (and perhaps other stuff) only works about 10% of the time in the latest 365 Stable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Easiest way to split the Outlook PST files

If you looking at the easiest way to split the Outlook PST files then use MailsDaddy PST Split Tool. It is a most popular single wizard application, which easily divides the Outlook PST file according to date, folder, size, and email id. The software is compatible with all editions of Windows OS and MS Outlook.

More Info- https://www.mailsdaddy.com/pst-split-tool/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When a restart is required and linkages "Have" to be broken, it is the ANSI Type std to Frame the Incident in XML to remove it from Native I

Have a common task manager. Kind of the Edge Browser for traing a t best Link and sharing this with the user in a given amount of time. Therefore the user is not left holding the fault for last minute changes. But rather the last endpoint (rollback $ ckpoint)) of the receiving packet is verified. and detailed in a missing or corrupt procedure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Th error "Your network access was interrupted. To continue, close the database, and the open it again." needs to be made MUCH smarter.

When working on a database opened from LOCAL storage, network events like undocking and re-docking a laptop may trigger this error because an ODBC-connected resource was ALSO open (like a linked table in datasheet view). other open objects, like an open querydef which is NOT open in a network-attached connection to an ODBC resource now CANNOT be saved because Access will throw the above error message endlessly - and in this case, senselessly.

The above error should only be thrown when Access cannot successfully re-attach to or reopen a failed network connection or resource. (I am obviously not counting circumstances…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Local Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base