Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access file is located in SharePoint team site sync to local machine and able to do a MAIL MERGE

return error is "The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine 'MSI' that prevents it from being opened or locked"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have the ability to save in One drive

Ability to save in One Drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Access will not utilize 100% of bandwidth when saving file

Microsoft Access does not consume 100% of the available bandwidth when you have opened a file from a network location and then are saving (save-as) back to any network location.

I have utilized this method to simulate another issue, where I find that even when working in Access (when opened from a network location) the program does not utilize 100% of the available bandwidth. When working with larger files (1GB+) this causes an issue where the software will crash and not respond, even when just navigating through tables. Running queries and saving also prompts this issue.

Why does Access not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi, this is Sunil Kaushik. I just want to suggest microsoft team one thing, when customer spent 90k - 1 lac. Why didn't he/she get licensed?

I spent Rs. 90000 for this laptop. Then what is fund in purchasing this laptop when i have MS Office Unlicensed Version. It's not fair with customer. Please give me access to licensed version. Humble request to you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update Dark Gray & Black Office Themes to make reading text & viewing objects clearer

I am seeing light grey text on white which makes text unreadable. Also white text on white lines making text difficult to read. Join line is pixelated, and theme does not appear to be consistent throughout. See https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Access/Microsoft-Office-2019-Now-Available-Comparing-2019-2016-365-New/m-p/780689 for screenshot of query design view with suggestions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Zooming in on the page preview of reports with a mouseclick disables keyboard navigation

Clicking on the background reenables keyboard navigation. Zooming in with the ribbon or the context menu works fine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Microsoft access para MAC versão 10.11.6

Instalei a versão Microsoft 365 no meu MAC versão 10.11.6 mas não tem o microsoft access. Existe alguma possibilidade de obter o microsoft para instalar e que funcione no mac?
    Obrigado

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Post it style notes to document queries when the QBE is open

The best place to add notes to a query is when the QBE is open and you can see what's going on

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix new Settings Incompatibility Bug

I believe I have hit a new bug in ACCESS.
    This conflict shows up when a front end using standard Access SQL connects to a Back-end using SQL Server Syntax (ANSI92).
    It results in very strange behavior with Combo-Boxes failing to Auto-Complete and Wildcard Queries not returning results.
    Access 2010 is immune! Phew.

It is repeatable and can be reproduced by following the process:
    There appears to be a new bug in ACCESS 365 / Click to Run.
    It DOES NOT EXHIBIT on Access 2010, but I have not tested with 2013.

Issue: Combo Boxes (drop-downs) fail to Auto-Complete List…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Method of exporting MBOX to PST

MBOX file is supported by 25+ email clients mailboxes such as Gmail, Apple Mail, SeaMonkey, Entourage, Netscape, Eudora & others. But no application exports the mailbox in PST file format. On the other hand, the manual process is useless with a large mailbox plus it does not maintain the folder hierarchy.
    So if you want to export direct MBOX to PST format with all mail folder, inline images and attachment than adopt MailsDaddy MBOX to PST Converter. This is the most relevant program that no only migrate MBOX to PST format but also allows user to import MBOX file in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bugfix: Access 2016 Form.KeyDown [ALT+N] Shift key is always zero

Bugfix: Access 2016 Form.KeyDown [ALT+N] Shift key is always Zero when the N Key is passed. You Can't test for [ALT+N].

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New Features

New abilities:
    -Alter the shape of a forms border (i.e. Circular - spiky - shadows)
    -Add transparency as a feature for forms, controls
    -add gradients for backgrounds on forms /reports
    -add window pinning for forms and reports to pin the object at a certain location on screen and apply a width / height percentage for the object (technically possible already but a cleaner option should be provided)
    -a built in custom ribbon editor
    -Allow your new external data - link table manager - to connect to tables of the same name without prompt! very frustration as it is. even just…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. AccessReport

Please add Pivot Table and Report Header Freez Option in access db reports

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Student Database

The Student Database template uses a tabbed form to access alternative data on a specific student. I would like to be able to add 2 more tabs, but when I set them up, they don't point to the specific student in the overarching form. Can you include a table in the template that gives some explanation on how the writer did this with the other tabs?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. No Ideas when I downloaded this template for another school project in this chapter it poped up an error mess with a macro misspelling.

When I downloaded this template for another school project in this chapter it poped up a warning saying something in a macro was misspelled. I erased the macro section

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change name of field property Append Only for long text field

The name "Append Only" field property for the Long Text Data Type is misleading. Consider changing it to "Allow Column History".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix new Settings Incompatibility Bug

I believe I have hit a new bug in ACCESS.
    This conflict shows up when a front end using standard Access SQL connects to a Back-end using SQL Server Syntax (ANSI92).
    It results in very strange behavior with Combo-Boxes failing to Auto-Complete and Wildcard Queries not returning results.
    Access 2010 is immune! Phew.

It is repeatable and can be reproduced by following the process:
    There appears to be a new bug in ACCESS 365 / Click to Run.
    It DOES NOT EXHIBIT on Access 2010, but I have not tested with 2013.

Issue: Combo Boxes (drop-downs) fail to Auto-Complete List…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Labels printing blank from Report Preview

I have an issue that happens from time to time at my current job. I can see the report label in the preview option however it prints blank labels for some odd reason. The report preview looks fine but the result is blank labels. I'm using a Zebra 410 printer and the labels are 1" margins. I already tried to reproduce the issue by changing the margins but it prints fine. Not able to reproduce the issue as of this moment. Looking for any pointers or suggestions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. GroupWise to Office 365 Migration

Shoviv Groupwise to Office 365 migration is the most trusted and reliable solution on the web. Using this smart utility user can efficiently do Groupwise mailboxes migration while preserving the original properties of data items. This migration utility easily migrates multiple Groupwise mailboxes directly into Office 365 and migrate GroupWise local/remote/archive data into Office 365. Additionally, If users have outlook profiles then, this tool allows exporting GroupWise mailboxes directly into outlook. The migration process of this software is much easier because of its unique and attractive user-interface which is comfortable for all types of users either they are beginner or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base