Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SSMS - Convert Access unique Index with (allowing) Null as "Filtered Index"

If converting tables, the ssma often fails because it does not create filtered indices for indices in access which allow null.. If not PK and SQL-Server 2008 or newer the filtered indices are really easy to create like

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/767657/how-do-i-create-a-unique-constraint-that-also-allows-nulls/767702#767702

they easily could found automatically and converted ...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST Migration

Windows Live Mail to Outlook migration requires an efficient application that easily converts WLM EML files to PST files. MailsDaddy EML to PST Converter supports all EML/EMLx based email clients including Windows Live Mail. There is no file size limit in the application so that the user can export the data as much as he/she wants. The software maintains email properties such as Bcc, Cc, subject, attachment, etc. With the help of this tool, you can easily convert Windows Live Mail files to PST simultaneously to save time. It imports email from Windows Live Mail with attachments and also supports…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A way to disseminate an Access program on non Access computers.

I work with one other group in another office. They could very much use the Access forms I have created on my computer but they don't have access installed. The people on the other computer do not have the ability or desire to create their own programs so buying Access would be a waste for them. There used to be a way to do this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Local Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Operaciones de "promedio" y "contar", en campos calculados de tablas

Sacar un promedio de un determinado grupo de campos, de los cuales si tienen un valor nulo, solo no los cuente y se divida para el número de campos que si tienen valor, esto en Excel es relativamente fácil pero en access no existe como hacerlo directamente ni en tablas ni en consultas y si lo haces en consultas hay que hacer muchos calculos. podría enviarles un ejemplo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. MS Access 2016 (16.0.8625.2127) - Linked Tables - SQL server login popup

Hello,

We have a program (front-end: MS Access / back-end: MSSQL).
    The problem that we are facing is that with MS Access 2016 (16.0.4266.1003) everything works fine, except the known issues (example: MS Access 2016 - invisible picture images).
    When you update to MS Access 2016 (16.0.8625.2127) and have a form with a (combo box / list box) SQL server login pop's up
    With the previous versions of MS Access 2000 - 2016 (16.0.4266.1003) we didn't have any problems.

P.S. We noticed that before updating MS Access 2016, the version is 4266.1003.
    After the update the version changes to 8625.2132…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. External Data Import Text File: add Regex field definitions

when importing data from a text file allow a field to be defined by a regular expression.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I am trying to import data from .csv and missing the ability to import a field formatted as a simple date.

I was looking for Microsoft Access assistance for an issue I'm having with importing date data from a .csv file. I'd like to import as Date, Short Date. The only option I'm seeing is Date with Time, which does not work when importing my date data. Using the date with time option actually deletes all of the dates that I'm trying to import. If I select text, I need to go in and change all date fields after each import to be date, short date formatted. Help please! Am I missing something? Can this be fixed, or will I need…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Gebrauchsanweisungen müssen in Landessprache sein

Gebrauchsanweisungen müssen in Landessprache sein, Microsoft haftet für Fehler durch Missverständnisse bei falscher Übersetzung entstehen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to attach any big file such as pdf along with personal image/photo place

It will be great if there will be option to attach any big file such as pdf along with personal image/photo place

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. convert MDE TO MDB

How Can I Convert MDE To MDB Wth VBA , If Unlock Possible?!!! Or Export Forms Or Reports To New Application

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bold Task Title List and Manualy move task order

Add the ability to Bold just the Task Title List and manualy move task order by dropping and dragging

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix the Database Documenter so it returns the correct value for Query RecordsetType.

In Access 2007 and 2010, the Database Documenter returns the wrong value for Query RecordsetTypes.

If a query has the Recordset Type set to 'Snapshot' in the Design view, the Database Documenter reports that the Recordset Type is 'Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates)'.

If a query has the Recordset Type set to 'Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates)', the Database Documenter reports that the Recordset Type is '0' (which I believe is the value for 'Dynaset').

Setting the Recordset Type to 'Dynaset' does return the correct value in the Database Documenter, but this is the only setting to do so.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Be able to export *.accb encrypted data to Word

Issue:
    Access database in the current .accdb format contains a client table & queries used as a data source in Word Mail Merge. The Access database is encrypted and password protected using the recommended encryption (default), but Word Mail Merge can't open the data source (using OLE DB Database Files or MS Access Database via ODBC (.mdb.accdb)). Switching to the older encryption (legacy) bypasses the issue on costs of weaker encryption or using the deprecated MS Access Database via DDE (.mdb,.mde) but this causes Access to shut down after the Word document is closed (this DDE method…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The user query when pasting multiple lines in a form does not initiate code

Therefore data in the form is not refreshed which may lead to faulty calculations being displayed until you manually refresh the form.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BUG - Linked Table Manager removes tables from custom groups in Navigation Pane

Case: user creates custom views in Navigation Pane and puts tables to custom groups for navigation convenience. If such table is a linked table, any relink with Link Table Manager now removes the table from custom group, putting it into a single heap of "Unassigned Objects". This makes navigation a pain. This was not a default behavior several updates ago. All tables stayed in their places. Please fix this bug.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. preciso de um banco e dados de contato para clientes de imoveis

banco de dados atualizado para clientes. padrao

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Macro designer is out of order

When dragging multiple items from the navigation pane onto the macro designer window they are not inserted in the same order as they appear on the navigation pane.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable option to suppress warnings about another user being changing the same dataset.

When multiple users are working simultaneously on the same Access database, Access is constantly warning that another user has changed the dataset in meantime. In multiuser environment this is often annoying and unnecessary. Access should enable option to switch-off these warnings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base