Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting.
    We will add this bug report to our backlog and see that it is prioritized and handled.
    In the meantime, I’m updating the status for ‘No Current Plan’ so that you use your votes again.

Thanks,
    Michal [MSFT]

2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2016 SQL Edit bug: If there is a Where and no group by, can not edit without Error 1001

Can not make any change to the SQL (even adding a space and taking it out) for any SQL with a WHERE clause but no GROUP BY. For example, to put a DISTINCT after the SELECT.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting.
    We will add this bug report to our backlog and see that it is prioritized and handled.
    In the meantime, I’m updating the status for ‘No Current Plan’ so that you use your votes again.

Thanks,
    Michal [MSFT]

4. default

Ability to set default to "search current project" in VBA instead of search current module

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When will Access have a mobile version?

I have been using database manager for many years from Smartlist To Go on the palm, to HandBase on Android and now Airtable cross platform Windows, Apple and Android. None of them is as powerful as Access. Really, really needed a mobile version because most of the time I use the database is with my phone. I only go to my computer to look at larger databases. Please let us know when will a mobile version for Android and Ipad come out? please please!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MS Access Mac Support ?s

Centrally located MS sponsored support page....I cannot find one for Access.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New microsoft access app for iphone

Thanks to develop an mobile app for Microsoft access to use it with iphone or android tablet like "filemaker go". It will be great to take photos, datas with an access phone app and after to synchronize with the computer.
    I think, it is very important to use it offline because it is not possible to have internet everywhere !!!! Thanks to work about it :):)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion.
    We realize that Access is not the right tool for today’s mobile world, and Microsoft as a company is invested in finding solutions.
    Currently, there is no plan to create Access version for mobile devices.

Thanks,
    Michal [MSFT]

8. Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt

i have developed a application with help vs2010 & access2013 it works fine after i update office 365 im facing so much of issues with application like microsoft oleb 12.0 is not registered on the machine and then i installed 2007 and 2010 driver components after the issue is went off & now i got new issue like cannot open database" please help me to fix it

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Access to Linked Table Manager in RunTime Version

This would allow developers to ensure their Access Application will work on Client Systems where the Backend is on a different Server to the development one.
    Often, even after installation, Client Hardware can be updated and a change of path to the Backend is required. This simple option would save hours of configuration time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Access RunTime version is intended to run Access solutions and not to allow users to design them. Clearly the Linked Table Manager is a developers’ tool and therefore isn’t visible in the runtime.

Access Engineering

10. Add the following ability to Power BI Desktop

Add the following features to Power BI Desktop

1) Update tables (via Code, Copy paste, by typing data etc)
    2) Password protect PBIX Files
    3) Allow Excel to connect to the Data model in Power BI Desktop file
    4) Introduce a UserName Function in Power Query
    5) Retire Access

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix Bug in Datasheet Quick (dropdown) filter

There is a bug if you want to filter for text that contains "+" or "&", see

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ec09e1b3-1c11-49e2-81a8-23f1f44128e3/access-datasheet-containstextfilter-bug-with-and-characters?forum=accessdev

There are other bugs: If you try to filter for

Equals "in Progress"

or any text that starts with "in ", you get the message "Enter a valid value".

If you try to filter for something that starts with "not ", e.g.

Equals "Not started",

you will get wrong results because the filter then reads like:

(Not [tbl_Test].[FldTest]="start")

There are probably more. All of this comes from the fact that the input to the text filters is obviously not properly quoted when…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting.

Thanks,
    Michal [MSFT]

12. Warranty expiry field (date) for appliances in the Home Inventory List template.

Users recording the purchase of appliances for the home may find it useful to note the warranty expiry date of each appliance. It would be handy to have in the event of appliance failure or malfunction.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Access Team

Seria una Buena idea que crearan access (forums )en espanol o almenos que pongan una heramienta de traducion en espanol o que se pueda cosultar a los usuarios en este idioma
    Mil grcasia
    Sabino
    Mimi Florida

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Soporte tecnico de oficce 365 (access Espanol)

No es possible que estando en Miami florida .No pueda tener soporte en espanol como antiguamente se podia hacer contestava Colombia creo yo .
    El officces 365 (assess) que esta en mi computadora esta en espanol y los de soporte que contestan estan en EE UU y no entienden cuando el programa esta en espanol.
    Por favor solucionen este asunto por que el office 365 se lo merece por los anos que nos esta companando a los que migramos a este pais y se no es facil por que es mi idioma espanol es nuestro idioma native.
    No se a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Votes were not returned to me

Votes were not returned to me after MS closed "Provide a native Treeview control". I had two votes for that. Since there is no feedback mechanism to tell Microsoft "your feeback site is not working, I then had to remove my vote from "Import/export specs edit feature" in order to open this "suggestion". The suggestion... Microsoft - fix your feedback mechanism.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. fix the new charts in 2016 (eg Waterfall chart) so that they can be modified with VBA.

I have been unable to use the new waterfall chart in an application developed in Access. I can create it up but it doesn't allow changes of data or any property by VBA as other charts do. Why would MS create a really useful chart and then not fully implement it? There may be more up to date information on this, but a discussion from a year ago (June 2017) says the VBA hadn't been implemented then and apparently there has been no change. (Or am I missing something?)
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeexcel-msofficecustom-mso_2016/are-the-six-new-chart-types-in-excel-2016/3e8f9bf1-76a7-4a1a-91cd-9ed27165c17c

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for trying out Access new charts!

However, seems like there is some kind of confusion here as Access doesn’t support a waterfall chart (yet). Also, the answers forum link discusses an Excel waterfall chart.
    Perhaps your suggestion is in the wrong UserVoice site?

Regards,
    Access Engineering

18. Sell Works again. Office is too much for me and I only need what was in Works.

I loved Works. I could do anything I wanted with it.

I don't work in a position to use all that is in Office.
    In my home, Works does everything I need.
    M. Craft

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    No Current Plan  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    No Current Plan  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Admit to the World that Microsoft is refocusing Access on the client and that there will be future versions ...

I understand that your team has on many occasions in the last 8+ months told people under NDA details of future plans for Access Client. The market believes that Access client is finished and being wound up ... If this is true I would like to know why this is such a secret.

I am not as interested in what you are planning than in the fact that you ARE planning SOMETHING. I can take that to clients and sell them Access solutions or at least convince them not to get rid of the ones that they already rely on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base