Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

bring it into conformance with high DPI design standards

Need to clean up all the UI to scale properly on high DPI displays. E.g., Navigation pane vertical object spacing, low res navigation pane object and navigation (expand/contract) icons, and "Save changes to the following objects" dialog box.

(Hate to spend precious votes on what is basically a set of defects, but there it is.)

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dick Watson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alan Cossey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As well as the problem with the borders of windows, Access has other problems with high resolution screens.
        When text size is set in Windows (10?) to more than 100%, the following happen:
        1) The Navigation Pane updates slowly and jerkily when scrolling down it (even on my super whizzy PC).
        2) The horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of a form obliterates the right half of the Search box next to it when the size of the Access window is reduced to a size which causes the horizontal scroll bar to appear.

Please note that if you want to check this out by altering your Windows text size, you will need to log off and log in again to see the change.

• Jeremy Rutherford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still having this issue. Tried to take a front end home to work on it over the weekend, and was completely unable to utilize the navigation pane. In addition to the vertical spacing, there were issues just getting all of the objects to populate in the pane correctly, especially when scrolling through the pane, rendered the database completely unusable (From a development standpoint).

• Riley Hale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted for this as well. I bought a surface book recently and the UI for Access is just a mess. It makes it really difficult to use, and there doesn't seem to be any known workarounds yet.

• Mark Burns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ADDITIONALLY - Make the Access UI respond to the Browser magnification hotkeys Ctrl-+ and Ctrl-(minus/hyphen). Those of us users with poorer visual acuity issues really appreciate the on-demand freedom to scale up UI items in modern browsers this way - WHY CAN'T ACCESS (and other Office Apps) DO THIS TOO!?? ...or do you folks imagine that somehow everyone has perfect vision and/or our eyes don't get tired/strained as the day stretches on?

• Alan Cossey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've already used up my votes, so I can't vote for this as well. I have just bought a high resolution screen and the Navigation Pane text is now tiny with large vertical gaps between each line. It's a mess.

Feedback and Knowledge Base