Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Listbox update

Have a fully programmable listbox with events like comctl listbox and treeview we had. Sizable columns, header click, sorting, image support.

55 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Yossi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  AdminAccess Team (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

Hi Yossi,

Thanks for posing on Access UserVoice.
    We are not quite sure we fully understand the suggestion here.
    Could you elaborate and provide more details?

Thanks,
    Michal [MSFT]

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JeffK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm voting for this assuming listview is what was meant. It is pretty easy to replicate the comctl treeview using native Access controls. Listview is much more difficult. The lack of a 64 bit alternative to the 32 bit listview is a blocker for me considering 64 bit Office.

• Yossi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Michal, As a reference point, aren't you familiar with mscomctl.dll which contains a listbox control? It was part of windows until W10.

It was 32bit and is not supported in 64bit office.

• Patrick Headley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it so selections can be made by row or column or not at all. Make it possible to modify the display format by row/column or individual cell, such as forground and background color. Add alternate row shading with selected row shading. Something like a data sheet view with the ability to double-click an entire row to make a selection and also conditional formatting options would be nice.

• Yossi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Dolly - thanks for your feedback. I would never employ a listbox with 10K rows - as you stated - loading it would take some time and network bandwidth.

I was referring to the tree control where 1 record could represent many nodes and columns of sub-data. That's why I referenced NODES, not RECORDS.

This all being said, I am just requesting what is currently out in the marketplace with 3rd party controls.

• Dolly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What would anyone want to display 10K+ records in a listbox? Do you realize the wasted bandwidth you would be using! You have to develop a little smarter than blindly pulling everything available to you. You set some parameters/criteria so the user filters and only returns what they need.

Don't get me wrong, the general request isn't bad, but asking to support 10K+ records is ludicrous!

Feedback and Knowledge Base