Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Coloured Tabs in Tabbed Forms

The only way to make a tabbed form have a colour is to resort to some trick like using a coloured background behind a transparent tab or pasting an image onto it. These cause problems when moving controls around.

It would be nice for the tab control to have the same functionality as a form where one can set the background colour.

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nigel P Vandyk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more info  ·  AdminAccess Team (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

The team has reviewed this request and seems like different people are commenting about different things.

@Nigel, can you please elaborate what you meant in this request?

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dolly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would vote, but am out of votes, beyond which, based on what we have seen on this site (number of submitted suggestions vs Not Planned vs Planned/Done, I've basically given up on this site. It was obviously another PR game played by MS and it worked! People are talking and MS is simply not listening.

But you aren't wrong for asking for a proper solution rather than a workaround!

• Nigel P Vandyk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dolly

I admire your skill and cleverness. However, one should not have to resort to building one's own tabbed forms to get around the inadequacies of the standard forms. Vote for this feature and you wont need a workaround, however flawlessly you have designed it.

• Dolly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just build your own Tab controls, a series of Label, command buttons, ... They all work fine and then you use their click event to control what is visible. Very easy to implement and works flawlessly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base