I suggest you ...

GUI contrast

You have to improve the contrast used within the GUI. Whether it be in the VBE or Nav Pain (sorry I meant Pane), when you select an object and the open it, you can't make out which object was selected. It is horrible. And much worse on laptop and tablets. It should pop out at the user. I should need to scroll, move up and down to figure out what is currently selected as is presently the case.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dolly shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JeffK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this suggestion. I use a company laptop for most of my Access development, and it is incapable of rendering the color used to indicate a selected object in an inactive pane of the VBE or Access. So it's impossible to tell what's selected without clicking back on the window first. On my desktop the color is so light I can barely see it.

• Dolly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Joe, I respect what you are saying, I truly do. That being said, I have come to appreciate some of what the Nav Pane and Ribbon have to offer, but like most of what MS has done, they seem incomplete thoughts. There remains many problems that 3-4 editions (10 years later) later still have not been addressed, thus why I still do not love either. I am accustomed to both, but do not find them to be nearly optimal.

Let gets back on topic for now.

• Joe Anderson (Access MVP, aka DatabaseMX) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a 24 year developer of Access applicatoins, just noting that the Nav Pane in >=A2010 is one of the BEST enhancements ever! Funny, I see many people at work doing things (filtering, searching, sorting) with the Nav Pane that could never be done with the previous (<=A2003) Nav Pane, the real Nav Pain.
        The ability to select multiple objects at one time, across multiple object groups is worth the price of admission alone.

• Dolly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should also add, I can only imagine how much harder this must be for people with any form of visibility issues.

Why not make this a property people can edit to suit themselves?

Feedback and Knowledge Base