Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Automatically resize MS-Access Applications

A major problem in the distribution of MS Access applications is the lack of scalability. Controls are not automatically adjusted depending on the particular resolution in Windows.

224 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ken Mulvihill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anchoring has its limitation and is not useful for a data entry form with many controls including list boxes. Having to build your form for a laptop when 90% of your users are on 34" monitors is a waste of real-estate.

• Ken Ismert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Implementing this suggestion implies building a true, working web front-end for Access. Modern browsers do the resizing thing really well.
        @Brent Morris -- breathe deeply, and repeat "It's only a program, it's only a program..."

• Phill Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Anchoring for multiple controls, if you need multiple controls to size rather than just the one to fill the space, you can create a stacked arrangement of the controls and manually set each control to stretch in the direction you wish. As part of the same arrange they will distribute evenly.

• Brent Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bill G. needs to sh*t can the whole ACCESS team for NOT fixing this!!! - WTF. I hope that they burn in HELL...the HELL that they have created for everyone Else. You are worthless, your skill set IS worthless, your schooling IS worthless, your life IS worthless. You fix NOTHING and suck down a paycheck. You have NO value and your skill set has NO Value! MS Access management should just step in front of a moving BUS - and maybe someone would FIX this epic failure!!

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anchor property is often useful but has limitations - e.g. what if I want two (side-by-side) controls to increase in size (with the second control also moving to create space for the first) when the width of a form increases?
        I developed my own tool to allow for much more flexible scaling/moving of controls on forms - demos and source code available here:

http://www.pdtech.co.uk/Blog/Post/9/Access-Form-Resizer---Responsive-Design-for-Access-Forms

• Dorawa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've a manuell programming for that.
        But I think, Access can do it much better, including the text size.

Feedback and Knowledge Base