Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Provide conditional formatting features to datasheets and continuous forms

As per Excel, it would be great to highlight and distinguish field data between the records displayed. Currently, if a format is set on a field, in a continuous form, the entire column receives that format, whether or not the data value contained, matches the criteria.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sascha Trowitzsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BTW: Many ActiveX-Grids support such a feature! Why not provide it to Access datasheets? The individual formatting already is internally built in!

• Sascha Trowitzsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Shane: Yes, that's the only way you can achieve it. But it is a horror pain to attach all these conditional expressions to data sources with many columns. Sometimes it is simply not possible to highlight a single cell by using a a format conditon which has to depend on a field value. The only way would be to alter a format expression at runtime via VBA.
    So it would really be nice to have a methode or property to influence the format of a datasheet or continous form control. E.g.

Me.Recordset.Move 5
    Me.Controls("txt7").BackColorSingle = RGB (255,200,200)

This only should format the seventh Textbox in the 6th record.

• AdminShane Groff (Admin, Microsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's true that applying formatting to a field in a continuous form or a column in a datasheet applies to the control in every row, but that is not true for conditional formatting. If you set background color, for example, to a different color based on a value, it applies to the controls only in those records that match the criteria. Am I misunderstanding what you are asking for?

Feedback and Knowledge Base