Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Responsive forms

Create responsive / dynamic forms that adjust to screen resolutions.

110 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pat Hartman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anchor does not solve this problem. There are two issues to address.
    1. Resizing when the user changes the size of a form or window. If he resizes the form, the objects should all resize. However, resizing the window shouldn't change anything. When I use Access in less than full screen, it is generally because I want to see parts of two applications and automatically resizing the Access window to be "full" but smaller would defeat this.
    2. Different resolutions. This could be accommodated by storing the resolution of the screen on the PC where the app was created. Then when the app is opened on a different system or different monitor on the same system, the forms could adjust. But, to give us some flexibility, I would make this an updateable property in case we change development platforms.

• Joe Anderson (Access MVP, aka DatabaseMX) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure Anchoring does everything a full blown resizing function would (or should) do.
    For example ... Peters Shrinker Stretcher does it all ... and I've used it several times. AMAZING. Forms, subforms, subforms with subforms ... all controls ... everything.

http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm
    Download the free, 100% functional demo and check it out, as well his other tools.

Feedback and Knowledge Base