I suggest you ...

Bug: (-7713) Reserved Error

Happing a lot in Office build 1611 for no apparent reason, completely stable in build 1609

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark JaskulaMark Jaskula shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Access TeamAdminAccess Team (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

We are looking into this issue but may need more information from supporters.
    Please reply with a comment to indicate that it is okay for us to contact you directly regarding this issue.

Thanks,
    Michal [MSFT]

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I configured my ODBC (5.1) connection to use in my Access 2016 front-end (Windows 10) with the following flags:
        1. Return matched rows instead of affected rows
        2. Allow big results sets
        3. Enable automatic reconnect
        4. Don't cache results of forward-only cursors
        5. Force use of forward-only cursors

I am convinced that (-7713) reserved error has something to do with the flags set in the ODBC connection.

I wish somebody can point me to a good article that can explain to me what flags to use in my ODBC connection to have an optimum connection to my Access 2016 front-end when I append big tables in Access to linked tables in MySQL

• Anonymous commented  · 

Anonymous is WvdMerwe. I enter before filling in my name.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I get this (-7713) Reserved Error out of the blue (Using Windows 10 and Access 2016) when opening a MySQL linked table in Access that have data in it. With no data in the table, I can open the table in Access without the error. I used the ODBC 5.1.6 driver and tried to relink with an ODBC 5.3 driver, but get the same error

• Chris MumfordChris Mumford commented  · 

A few days ago I linked an Access application to two SQLite tables. After doing so, I have experienced multiple crashes of application and/or received the '-7713' error.

You may contact me.

Office 365 MS Access 2016 MSO (16.0.7830.1018) 32-bit.

• wilowilo commented  · 

you can contact me fot this issue

• BigFoppaBigFoppa commented  · 

You can contact me after the weekend.

I only get this error in Access 2016 installed from Office 365.
        Not using a standalone install.

• Mark JaskulaMark Jaskula commented  · 

I'm still getting the error and my observation is that it is ODBC related, and the issue probably started when we upgraded from MSSQL 2008 to MSSQL 2016 or as in my original post going from 1609 to 1611, both occurred around the same time. Most queries were constructed using DAO.QueryDef by default, but now I've switched where ever I can back to standard Access Recordsets and it's a lot better.

Any news on this?

I am having this problem with an old database that the client wants to move to Access 2016.
        My setup is Win 10, Access 2016 (O365), Sql Server thru ODBC.

• Joe Anderson (Access MVP, aka DatabaseMX)Joe Anderson (Access MVP, aka DatabaseMX) commented  · 

This exact error came up in the Access MVP email group - not resolution yet. The consensus is that it is related to something with ODBC .... just an fyi.

Feedback and Knowledge Base