Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Bring back support to connect to DBASE in desktop Access 2016

We recently updated our desktop Office programs from 2007 to 2016 Professional Plus. I just went to open a database and run several queries and got an ISAM error. When searching the web I found the post from here about MS bringing back support for connecting to dBASE in Office 365 only. First, it made no sense to remove it and second, why would MS only bring it back for 365? Why would MS remove this capability in the first place? Has MS committed to bringing it back and, if so, when will it be available? I now have to uninstall the latest version and install 2010. Please bring this feature back for the desktop 2016 version of Access. Are there any other things that MS arbitrarily removed from this or prior versions?

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Greg Moss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • T. Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seemed to work at one time, but after our office adopted a "Click-to-Run" version of Office [Subscription Product Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Version 1710 (Build 8625.2139 Click-to-Run) Monthly Channel] it simply results in an error message, "External Table is not in the expected format."

Doesn't seem right to mark something as "Done" when it keeps being "undone."

• RyanP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Done" with exceptions.
        This should not require a patch. Should have full NATIVE support with special patches.
        In this version of "DONE", I have to roll this patch out to all our end users. BOO :(

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any plan at all to add this capability to Office 2016 Professional Plus?

• GeoffP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can now import or link to data stored in dBASE databases in Access.

Currently, support for dBASE in Access 2016 is available to Office 365 subscribers. This feature will first roll out to Office Insider participants and later to consumer and commercial Office 365 subscribers. If you have an Office 365 subscription, make sure you have the latest version of Office.

Please continue to share your suggestions on the Access UserVoice. Your feedback is important and can directly impact what we deliver to our customers.

—The Access team

When will this roll out to commercial customers?

Feedback and Knowledge Base