Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Expand the maximum Form width

Recently I got a new monitor with a resolution of 3440 x 1440. I wanted to create a Form that uses the entire Screen width. I failed because the Specifications only allows a width of 57,79 cm (which in this case corresponds to about 2200 pixels). This was completely sufficient for decades but with these screens nowadays…

93 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Transimpex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want to strongly emphasize the need of a much higher maximum form width in Access! This should be a highest prio topic!

• Annesly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I would love to have more than 57cm on my forms, I think it is linked to more stuff than just the screen resolution. Like printer page size, word also has the same limit, most laptops are still 736p (I know this is ridiculous). Unfortunately we need to program to the lowest environment. I don’t mind it being increased to benefit 3k and 4K screens as long as it does not stuff up the performance.

I have noticed when access communicates with word and goes towards the 55cm limits it is slower than putting the same data on fewer columns.

I think for me the priority should be on improving access speed, as this allows me to do more with the software and managing the formatting with less screen flickers. Maybe even processing the graphics on another processor and the single process is a killer.

Even with the above issues I think Access is a great tool. 👍

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As per business development,
    we now have hit into 2 access limitations to design this report:.

1- Maximum 22 inch width for a crosstab query results displayed in form.
    2- Repeating ITEMS when placed in a continuous form in the detail area of a crosstab query, that uses fixed headings

Look at the very last page of this development
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_access-mso_win10-mso_365hp/continuous-form-with-a-header-to-be-fixed-such-as/de76ba18-f6fa-4a04-88c9-186c7cb4493c?messageId=94aa798c-1c91-40e8-b0e0-4c756bf119bb

Hopefully Microsoft can view these as legitimate business needs.

Thank you.

• Transimpex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another aspect of this problem is that Access does not recognize values above approx. 56 cm in the DoCmd.MoveSize function. If I want to arrange multiple forms next to each other and want to position the far right 32000 twips from the right I receive the Error Code 2505.

There is a Workaround with Windows API Functions for this constellation but it would be really nice if Access internally would be capable for big screens!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I have a 4k screen and MS Access will not allow me to make the form more than half of the screens width. (22")

Feedback and Knowledge Base