I suggest you ...

Please restore the Pivot Tables to MS Access 2013

Many people in my off use the pivot tables that I produced in MS Access, since the change they are now just useless datasheets. I can not expect the staff in the office to export the data and convert it to pivot tables in MS Excel. Please return this feature ASAP. Thanks

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    No Current Plan  ·  AdminAccess Team (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

We realize that Pivot Tables and Charts have been a great feature and many Access users found them to be highly useful.
    As you may already know, they have been removed as the technology they relied on, was no longer supported (Office Web Components).

At this point we have no plan to bring Pivot Tables and Charts back. However we are looking into ways to improve and modernize data visualization in Access.

Stay tuned.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vicki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need pivot tables and charts in Access. Using Excel is not a viable alternative. You took a very lazy option by just removing them. Poor result for Access users.

• Edward Winslow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The end result of all the work I created to make a database in MS Access was to present my clients with a chart they can easily use to see their sales information in an informative way. Deprecating Pivot Table view in 2016 forces me to go back to Access 2010 in all my applications. What's the point?

Please return to supporting PivotTable view in MS Access databases. Suggesting that we use Excel to make the charts is ridiculous. Access is where the data is so Access is where the charts should be created.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just bring back pivot tables and charts! Nobody wants "improved data visualization". This has to be the dumbest move Microsoft ever made.

• fm42 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, these basic function which was in 2003 MUST be restored.
        IT IS IMPORTANT INTEGRAL PART that COMPLEMENTS ACCESS.

• ByterBIt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What goes on in your meetings, MS? What do you say to each other? “Let’s cripple some of our software today?”
        “Good idea! Let’s remove a useful function from Access!”
        “Great thought! It’ll alienate more developers and power users!”
        “As good an idea as hiding the “power off” button in Win8!
        “We’ll take out the pivot tables! You’ll get promoted for this!”

Feedback and Knowledge Base