I suggest you ...

Forms view not scrolling

With the last version update of Access, the forms no longer scroll. The wheel on the mouse doesnt scroll anymore. The scroll bar also doesnt work when you drag it up or down. Is there a timeline for a fix on this bug? If no known timeline, I will have to downgrade my version of Access to fix the problem.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jason Wolf shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aleks R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ahhhh!

It looks like Version 1709, Build 8528.2139, has resolved the issue. I haven't tested all the spots, so I can't be positive, but it's looking good.

Thank you!

• Steven Jeffries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft,
        Productivity in our offices have slowed significantly due to this issue. We just move to 2016 across the board, and are now regretting the decision. Please resolve this issue so we do not have to revert to Office 2013.

Thanks,
        -Steve

• Aleks R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To give more information from my own system:

I'm running Access Version 1708, Build 8431.2079.

The problem happens for me whenever a form is set to "Continuous Forms". I can duplicate this issue by creating any "Continuous Forms" form and setting its RecordSource to anything that contains enough records in it to require vertical scrolling.

As Jason Wolf stated, the mouse scroll does nothing. Dragging the place holder (whatever it's called) in the scroll bar does nothing. The only way to navigate up and down is to click on the scroll bar above or below the place holder, or on the arrows at the top and bottom of the scroll bar.

This is a bug. I am not asking Access to do anything out of the ordinary. If I take the exact same form/recordsource to an older version of Access, or to an Access 2016 Deferred Channel 1609 (Build 7369.2151), the scrolling works as expected.

Please contact me if you need more information.

Feedback and Knowledge Base