Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Create a truly locked down FE format

ULS was a pain and way too many people implemented it incorrectly but it did serve a function which we have lost. People who develop Access apps for others need a way to completely lock down the FE. The .accde doesn't cut it because users can still modify tables, queries, and macros. We need something that acts like the .accdr but which isn't a trick. I understand why creating an .exe is not an option but you should be able to create a "permanent" format that acts like .accdr but which can't be undone by simply renaming the file. That would actually encourage developers to create more shrink-wrapped apps that are sold to the public if they can be assured that their intellectual property is protected.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pat Hartman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gianluca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I encrypt the FE using a PW and launch the FE from a separate EXE. Being able to encrypt the whole FE except say "Autostart" would be nice.

• KVD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Speaking of intellectual property, can we please hide the Entity Relationship Diagram with a password?

Feedback and Knowledge Base