Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Fix Confirmed Bug: Report Controls Jump Elsewhere When Moving

In Access 2010, 2013, 2016; when a report in design view exceeds a certain size overall (this has nothing to do with the 22" section maximum), try to move any type of control in the lower sections and it suddenly jumps elsewhere.
This has been confirmed in forum post https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/a2db2cd7-f02b-4317-a663-e6a4dbb78cb9/report-controls-jump-elsewhere-when-moving?forum=accessdev. This post contains a link to a sample database that demonstrated the problem.
It has also been confirmed via a support incident with Microsoft. The technical lead called it 'an Regression, an product defect' and asked that I post it here. It continually baffles me that when bugs are identified we have to beg to get them fixed. They should simply be fixed.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alphonse Giambrone shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 22" length limit for report object is pretty limited. Our org has a lot of reports that go out as PDF to outside parties and we are being forced to chop reports into main & sub even though they have a common record source in order to get around the length limit. It's a hassle.

Feedback and Knowledge Base