Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Provide a MS-Access connector to PowerApps and Flow

We have a webservice on which we have a PowerApp connector that enables PowerApps to run any macro, vba procedure/function, opening of a form to fill in text-fields and/or perform the equivalent to buttonclick-events in an Access Application. If MS-Access out of the box could configure and enable a webservice on the machine it's running and thus would enable a PowerApp to be a cloudfirst/mobilefirst frontend presentation layer, MS-Access 2019 would really become something new. When the Access application has linked SQL-tables to SQL-2016 or up, it can easily delegate the creation of JSON to SQL-server, but I wouldn't be surprised VBA already has JSON functionality in Access 2019.

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rob Koelmans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rob Koelmans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Anders,
        Essentially I'm asking for a webservice optionally installed along with MS-Access that enables a webservice client to do everything a human could do with an Access Application (so, start MS-Access instance, load adm/accdb, use user-defined-functions/procedures/macros, open forms/reports, read/write form/report controls, trigger events or effectively equivalent).

• Anders Ebro (TheSmileyCoder) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure. Are you asking for a way to connect your Access desktop app to a PA or flow webservice? Or for a way to connect your Power App to a desktop database file?

• Miguel Rigo 'Neckkito' (Access MVP) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having AWA's deprecated plus noting the effort MS is putting on PowerApps development it sounds logical that Access developers can enjoy an easier way to connect their Access applications to PowerApps and Flow. As "cool item" we're receiving new data connectors for Dynamics 365 and SalesForce, so, why not PowerApps and Flow? Very good idea, I believe.

• Rob Koelmans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also enable Flow to perform scheduled jobs in a MS-Access application. A MS-Word/Excel like macro recorder would top it off.

Feedback and Knowledge Base