Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

VBA Updates

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VBA Native line numbering
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adding line numbers is something that is a pet peeve. Line numbers should be Native and error trappable by default without having to add them manually.

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VBA Accessible Call Stack
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A way to read from the call stack, function/sub names in order accessed, times accessed...etc

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VBA Custom Toolbars to allow custom Macro/Function Calls
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If I could add my ow custom functions as a toolbar button and have my toolbar exportable and importable for others to use. As opposed to a full Add-In.

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VBA button and/or right click to open SQL Editor
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frequently I need to use an SQL editor to evaluate or build a SQL String and it takes time clicking through to a query then changing that over to an SQL editor screen.
This could be eleviated with a quick access button or right click method from ANYWHERE. Almost any commandbar could benifit from this added functionality.

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VBA Higher Level Access
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I mean by this is a way to look down over the project as a whole. Functions such as onDatabaseClose() or countAllOpenExternalConnections().
Another use would be a public onOpen(byval ObjectName as String) Event that fires for all objects of a certain type. So Before a form opens and runs it's own onOpen event you
could run a higher level procedure to capture or set data without having to add any code at all to the forms onOpen Procedure. Obviously it would know very little about the
object being opened but none the less I can see uses for such a procedure.
....and more that I can't think of this second...

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Access Forms ListBox
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A more robust Listbox, Native and with the ability to add icons and check boxes, colours,buttons,editable textfields, sort orders.
Sure you can add an ActiveX component but why not Native? Improve this usefull feature.

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Access Tab Controls
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Should be able to have tabs aligned horrizontally as well as vertically

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
more to come when I think of them.....

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James Dickinson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alan Cossey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With regard to the native line numbering and access to the call stack, this has been available using vbWatchdog from EverythingAccess.com for some years now.

• James Dickinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        'Access Anchor Pop Up
        '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        New ability to Anchor a pop up form to different parts of the screen

• Ken Ismert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your ideas are good, and definitely worth a vote, but it ain't gonna happen. Judging from this site, Access is on a maintenance development cycle, not a feature development cycle. Microsoft has tried to replace Access several times (Silverlight, Lightswitch), but these haven't succeeded, for various reasons.

Feedback and Knowledge Base