Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Develop the SQL User Interface

SQL is something that I find particularly useful when I am running a database. However, the SQL user interface is very poor in my opinion. It should be more something like the Visual Basic interface, where when you start typing in a formula, then it has a dropdown with all your options and when you select the function from the dropdown, it will show you how to build the formula. For me it becomes very time consuming to have to go online to figure out how the function is built. Also it would be great if it can be colour coded. There should also be more SQL functions that should be made available to the user, like in Microsoft SQL.
Also, being unable to comment directly into the SQL code is something I am finding annoying because I would like to be able to explain to future users what certain pieces of SQL code are for. I would appreciate if you could implement these ideas in the next version of MS Office. Thanks!

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Siddarth Narasimhan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base