Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Release an Office 2019 Access Runtime

The Access Team previously stated that "Access is included in all Office 365 plans and Access 2016 Runtime click-to-run is also available for customers".
This leaves a gap for anyone that has installed a lower version of Office 2019 that does not include Access. The Access 2016 runtime will not install as it is MSI, the Office 365 access runtime will not install as it clashes with Office 2019, which it insists you uninstall.
We are having to tell our customers to not install Office 2019.
So please can we have a runtime that plays nicely with Office 2019

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Steve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frank Lentes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We won't having to tell our customers to not install Office 2019.
        So please can we have a runtime that plays nicely with Office 2019

• Transimpex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree that we need a classic Access 2019 Runtime besides the Runtime 365. I also think about Windows Server 2019 RDSH or Windows 10 Enterprise Long Term Servicing Channel 2019 Users in this context.

Microsoft stated that Office 365 won’t be supported on Server 2019 or other LTSC Windows Versions and therefore the traditional Office 2019 is the right choice here.

Using Microsoft Accees (Runtime 2010) Apps via RemoteApp on Windows Server 2008 is a great and established Setup in our Company. I do not want to believe that there is no Upgrade Path for this Scenario with Server 2019 RDHS and Access 2019 Runitme.

Feedback and Knowledge Base