Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Release an Office 2019 Access Runtime

The Access Team previously stated that "Access is included in all Office 365 plans and Access 2016 Runtime click-to-run is also available for customers".
This leaves a gap for anyone that has installed a lower version of Office 2019 that does not include Access. The Access 2016 runtime will not install as it is MSI, the Office 365 access runtime will not install as it clashes with Office 2019, which it insists you uninstall.
We are having to tell our customers to not install Office 2019.
So please can we have a runtime that plays nicely with Office 2019

120 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Steve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Planned  ·  AdminAccess Team (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

The current plan is to make Access RT 2019 available for customers to install from the Office Deployment Tool. This should be available in the second half of 2019.
The recommendation for Office 2019 perpetual consumers, is (and will remain) to install the free version of O365 Access Runtime from the download page.

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Installing Access 365 Runtime breaks Office 2019 Home and Business!

The latter does not have Access, hence one has to install Access Runtime to run an Access application. But installing Access 365 Runtime does not install Access alone, but the whole of Office, which destroys the user's settings, and required my customer to set up his Outlook from scratch –result, one very unhappy customer!

At
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd1de9f2-4a33-4cd9-8da5-9f7a36ae3bc6/access-2019-runtime?forum=accessdev we are recommended to install Access 2013 Runtime (note: even before 2016!). The "recommendation for Office 2019 perpetual consumers, is (and will remain) to install the free version of O365 Access Runtime from the download page" would seem to be a non-starter.

RICKgards

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Les macro contenues dans ACCESS 2016 ne sont pas toujours abouties et provoquent des arrêts "SEARCH"

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't there a conflict here? The problem I had is exactly that Office365 Access runtime would not install alongside Office 2019 Standard (insisted that I uninstall Office 2019 Standard when I tried), yet that is apparently the "will remain" situation in the proposed solution. I am confused now, unless by "perpetual", MS means something that does not include "Standard". For now, I have had to resort to using Access runtime 2013, not Office365 Access Runtime, on all of my Office 2019 Standard stations. That will work only until the developers decide to use some new 2019 feature that will not work with 2013 runtime.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this, for sure. When I could get Office 2016 Standard, I could then install Access Runtime 2016. But Access 2016/O365 runtime cannot be installed with Office 2019 Standard, so we are stuck with Access 2013 Runtime. Workable, but for now long, and at what limitation for developers who cannot use any feature introduced since 2013, but without knowing until the app is tried on a 2013 workstation.

• Transimpex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is apparently no 2019 Runtime Version available until today but a Access 365 Runtime. That would not be so bad if this Version would also run on LTSC Windows Editions

Is there any official System Requirements for the Access 365 Runtime anywhere? Has anyone ever tried to install the 365 Runtime on Server 2019 (which does not have any other Office Programs installed)?

• Matty Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've seen on several forums people incorrectly stating that there was no Access 2016 Runtime available, but it's right there in the Office Deployment Tool... just you've got to create an XML file and run a command via the command line or batch script to install it.

Is the Access 2019 Runtime really not available, or are people just looking for it in the wrong place?

• Sini77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there really should be no Access 2019 but only a Access 365 Runtime then it would mean that Runtime Apps will not be usable on

Windows Server 2019
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019
    Windows 10 Pro with Office 2019 Standard installed

Come on, Access Team - you can't be serious!

However, although I have read that Office 365 is no longer supported on new LTSC Windows Versions, the Access 365 Runtime was not mentioned explicitly. Maybe the 365 Runtime can be installed on Server 2019, if there are no other Office 365 programs available? It would be nice if there were some clarification here.

• Frank Lentes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We won't having to tell our customers to not install Office 2019.
    So please can we have a runtime that plays nicely with Office 2019

• Transimpex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree that we need a classic Access 2019 Runtime besides the Runtime 365. I also think about Windows Server 2019 RDSH or Windows 10 Enterprise Long Term Servicing Channel 2019 Users in this context.

Microsoft stated that Office 365 won’t be supported on Server 2019 or other LTSC Windows Versions and therefore the traditional Office 2019 is the right choice here.

Using Microsoft Accees (Runtime 2010) Apps via RemoteApp on Windows Server 2008 is a great and established Setup in our Company. I do not want to believe that there is no Upgrade Path for this Scenario with Server 2019 RDHS and Access 2019 Runitme.

Feedback and Knowledge Base