BUG - Unreliable ControlTip Text
Sometimes, when hovering the mouse over form controls, the ControlTip Text for the controls does not appear.
Had this problem for months. It occurs on some PCs but not others, which have had identical Windows / Office builds.
Have not been able to figure out why it occurs in some environments, but not others.
I've been able to recreate the issue reliably for days on end, then suddenly it starts working again...for a while.
A PC which has shown the issue:
OS Build Windows 10 Pro
OS Build 17763.1098
Access 2016 (16.0.4924.1000) MSO (16.0.4939.1000) 32-bit
- Make a form with some controls with ControlTip Text, and a TimerInterval of 500ms or less
- Add some code to Form_Timer event to do something simple, like update a label on the form
- Make sure VBA editor window is closed (the issue will not occur when it is open)
- Open the form in non-dialog mode (the issue does not occur with dialog forms)
- Test by hovering mouse over controls and waiting for a few seconds.
A workaround is to slow down the timer - but this is not always desirable.
A couple of months ago was also able to reproduce the problem with any control which had an "On Mouse Move" event. This appears to have been fixed now, though.
This is an exceptional moving article. I am in every way that really matters content with your wonderful https://www.webhostingscoupon.com/hostinger-promo-codes.html work. You put to an incredible degree exceptionally unfaltering data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Needing to looking at your next post.
I don't think this is anything new. For years, several versions, I've experienced such issues. Sometimes they work, other times they don't. So, I just don't use them. You can use APIs which are much more reliable or control mouse events.