Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Produce an audit trail for converting older Access programs to Access 365

Have Access 365 produce a report showing the changes it makes to older Access databases after you run and compile in Access 365. I recently encountered a situation where Access365 automatically resized one of my forms on conversion making the form seem to be invisible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access 2016: Form border width is too narrow .

Sizeable MDI forms in Access 2016 have a single-pixel border that is very hard to grab with the mouse.

The form borders show as a single-pixel whether the form mode is "no border", "dialog", "sizable" or "thin".

One work-around is to make the form a popup form, but if you make every single form in the database popup, you lose the MDI functionality and the ability to have a genuine popup form. When everything is on top then effectively nothing is.

This creates a serious accessibility issue particularly when combined with the fact that MS Access forms and controls don't…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix "There isn't enough memory to update the Display" issues

Our customers are increasingly encountering "There isn't enough memory to update the display. Close unneeded programs and try again." error messages after working in the application for a few minutes/hours.

This screen capture shows example:
    https://bluelink-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/darrenbluelinkca/EcLAFCqZkedHn7tqsKHwUUABFrj6r6bo3qvT1FXAgxXrBA?e=TN6o2R

Note that this customer had no other Access forms Open other than the one shown in the screen capture.

Is there a code change that can be made, or is this a problem that the Access team has to solve? Note this is running in Server 2016 RDP server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When setting 'can grow' to yes in a form field, the form field should grow!

I have a form with a subform. The subform is set to continuous because I want to see all of the records that relate to that particular item.

I have a form field (Text Box) which is set to Long Text, and the properties are Can grow = yes, except in form view the field doesn't grow! Apparently this is reserved for when the form or report is printed. This is not what users want or need, and I don't want to have to set the field to be bigger than it is just so that any wrapped text shows…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When setting 'can grow' to yes in a form field, the form field should grow!

I have a form with a subform. The subform is set to continuous because I want to see all of the records that relate to that particular item.

I have a form field (Text Box) which is set to Long Text, and the properties are Can grow = yes, except in form view the field doesn't grow! Apparently this is reserved for when the form or report is printed. This is not what users want or need, and I don't want to have to set the field to be bigger than it is just so that any wrapped text shows…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create a developers version including functionality to create Web forms.

Microsoft wasted money developing LightSwitch and Access web Apps.
    Invest in a new developers version of Msaccess that has controls similar to DevExpress or Telerik that can create .Net apps as well. I.T would easily pay 000's $ per developer and Microsoft would make money on MSaccess.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Form position properties (x and y) to window screen

It would be great if access form (either overlapped or popup form) has X and Y poperty fixed to active screen (measurement in twips). As far I know, the property LEFT and TOP are relative to their window (most value are 0 if a form in topmost or leftmost.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Events Database

Hello,

In this instance I’m looking for a Microsoft Access Calendar Scheduling Database template, functional on versions Access 2013 and 2016.

The Event Management Template appears to meet one aspect of this. However, I could not identify a functional calendar using the forms where there is the capability to link the event to a day within the calendar.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow arrow up/down keys to move between previous/next row in continuous form

In a datasheet form we can navigate left/right as well as up/down, navigating between different rows of the recordset.

In continuous forms the up/down errors behave the same as left/right.

Nowadays, to achieve the described behavior we have to catch the KeyDown event in a continuous form and MoveNext or MovePrevious with error handling for first/last record etc.

Instead the behavior should be the same as in datasheet form.
    There can be an option similar to "Move after <Enter>".

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. make it easy to remove layouts in Access 365

It seems to be virtually impossible to add controls to a new Form without them being put into a Layout Group.
    When I click on the Layout button in the ribbon there are no options, aside from customising the ribbon.
    This should be my choice not yours.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. All the 32 bit dll and ocx should work in 64 bit os and office

We are working with 32-bit add-ins for access. But it is not possible to work in 64 bit system which I am using.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bold Task Title List and Manualy move task order

Add the ability to Bold just the Task Title List and manualy move task order by dropping and dragging

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add more shapes to forms besides just the rectangle. And also have the ability to rotate them please. Like Word and Excel can.

Allow us to add more shapes to forms besides just the rectangle. And also have the ability to rotate them please. Like Word and Excel can. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bug Report: MSACCESS.EXE in ProcMon shows hundred of thousands of ReadFile Operations to a temp file

After update to Office 365 ProPlus 1808, a my customer start complaining about very unresponsive form in an application they have been using for many years.
    I have been testing and checking for several days (with SQL Profiler, Wireshark packet sniffer and ProcMon), and seems the problem is reading %userprofile%\appdata\Local\Temp\JET8F62.tmp, which MSACCESS.EXE is doing a ReadFile Operation to. When the applications start to get unresponsive, many thousand reads are done to the same temp file. I have tried to change ODBC Driver (ordinary SQL Server v10, ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server, V2017.172), I have tried to convert the .MDB…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG: MIN / RESTORE icons of mdi child windows are wrong.

When using
    File --> Options --> Current Database --> Document Window Options: Overlapping Windows

The minimize / restore buttons have the wrong icons on child windows.

the minimize button is the maximize icon
    and the restore button is the minimize icon.

Version 1808 (Build 10730.20334)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Gebrauchsanweisungen müssen in Landessprache sein

Gebrauchsanweisungen müssen in Landessprache sein, Microsoft haftet für Fehler durch Missverständnisse bei falscher Übersetzung entstehen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bugfix: Access 2016 Form.KeyDown [ALT+N] Shift key is always zero

Bugfix: Access 2016 Form.KeyDown [ALT+N] Shift key is always Zero when the N Key is passed. You Can't test for [ALT+N].

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add collapsible sections/regions to forms. Something similar to the existing form header/footers layouts.

The ability to hide/unhide areas of the form would really help cleanup the UI and help enhance the user experience.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add kpi control

it will help us to create a dashboard as main form.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Autocomplete for calculated access form controls

When in form design mode. It's really time consuming write calculated fields. It would be great to have autocomplete formula like for built in access functions and database objects directly inside edited control.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base