Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom naming on message boxes

When using the vbYesNo message box you can only have 'Yes' or 'No' options. I would like to be able to rename these options. Currently the only way round it is to create a form to look like a message box.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include "hide control" feature Continuous Forms

Currently on Continuous Forms, the developer can enable/disable, along with a few other functionality items relating to conditional formatting. At the moment, there is no "hide/unhide" feature to allow developers to display or not display controls based upon values of a particular row of data. There are ways to do it, but only in a very convoluted way, and very confusing when having to manage the code. Please include this functionality for continuous forms!

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Macroes vs VBA in Button Wizard

When using the Button wizard MS Access creates macroes as default. This should be an option if you prefeer macroes or vb as the event code.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can we have a Separate Time Picker Control

Often Date and Time are stored separately. To ensure the correct time is entered one has to write a fair bit of code to determine 24 hour time or AM/PM are entered correctly. A Time picker would have two Combo boxes, one for hours and one for minutes -and even show the time on a dial.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Access 2016: Form Property No Border still shows border!

Access 2016: Form Property No Border still shows border! Property Popup = No.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sort by object name in the Expression builder - Expression categories

When we use the expression builder, the middle column (expression categories) currently does not sort alphabetically so it makes it time consuming to search for controls.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tab Control bug

When you cut controls in a form & paste them into a tab control they lose all of their links to event procedures.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increase font size of Property Sheet

The font size on the property sheet is really tiny. Like, 10pt or something ridiculous. Please make it bigger or allow us to change the font size. Banded rows could be nice too, but once the text is larger, it won't be as much of an issue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow multiple Values to be updated in combo box and list box

When you select a value in a combo box it only allow you to update one field. I know that I can update multiple values using VBA. I would like to this in the combo and list boxes. I would put this change in the combo box Wizard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. new Form Chart control needs to allow already transformed row sources

Thanks so much for the new Forms Chart object. Unfortunately, I can't use it in my primary use case for charts on forms since my aggregate is a moving average based on a parameterized query. So, suggestion is that the new Chart should not REQUIRE setting of a TransformedRowSource but should allow an already-transformed RowSource to be used in lieu of having to do the transform itself.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Render Tab Character (ASCII 9) Correctly in Textbox

When pasting data into Access Text boxes, if the data contains the tab character (ASCII 9) the tab is not rendered correctly. What's worse is that moving the arrow key after that character also behaves strangely. The cursor appears to be in one location but edits to the text occur in a different location. Please fix this UI issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. MS Access 2016 bug: if a form's "Popup" property is changed to "Yes" then Screen.ActiveForm stops working

There is a bug in MS Access 2016 in which if one changes the property of a form's "Popup" to "Yes" then Screen.ActiveForm function stops working... after a while. If I toggle it to "No" it works again. Can you please fix this bug?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Formula field type

I'd like to be able to define an input field as a calculated field based on a simple formula (arithmetic operations + parenthesis would be enough).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option and property to enable/disable Replace tab in Find and Replace dialog box

Find is very useful for users but I always afraid one day they will click Replace tab and make a mistake by replaces some data in the table which it is impossible to recover back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create an appointment booking system template

I would like to create an appointment booking system that I can add into an existing database. I'd like to be able to schedule an appointment which will show up in both Access and Outlook. I think it would be beneficial to have a template which allows you to create, edit and cancel appointments on the database, will give you pop-up reminders, and send emails to specific people with reminders etc. for their appointment. It should have an calendar overview and give you access to all of the information you have on your contacts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Find what's calling "Enter Parameter Value"

When Access asks for a parameter, it's usually a bug (because something got renamed, for example). All too often, I have no idea which control is asking for the value, so I have to manually look into the source objects of every dropdown, sub control, etc. It's a HUGE pain in the neck for maintaining large forms.

Can we get some kind of Dev mode that would add another button to the "Enter Parameter Value" that when clicked, would show us the specific control(s) calling for the value? That would be so helpful!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow theme colors in conditional formatting

We use theme colors heavily in our applications, but it becomes very cumbersome when it comes to conditional formatting. The formatting only supports selecting a fixed/constant color, so you can't select a theme color.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve the facility to group tables under its parent database in the Linked Table Manager form

I have more than 10 Backend ACCDB's connecting to a single Front-end ACCDB. In such a scenario it becomes very difficult to identify which tables are linked to which database.
    I would like to request the Access team to Group all tables to the ACCDB from where they are being linked to. This way its easy to identify and relink only the required tables and jump directly to its parent database.
    Thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Translucent form

Translucent forms looks much better than a usual form.
    If possible please try to add a method to create a translucent form in access.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base