Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook style navigation control for users when running an application

Have the navigation pane have two modes. The default design pane or an Outlook style navigation control that can be used by the application. It would have properties that would run various objects like forms, reports, queries or code but no design capabilities. Even allow for multiple navigation control object for multi user roles but the application would only be set to one navigation control in the navigation pane. People are used to the Outlook paradigm.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Highlightable property for all controls including rows on continuous forms

Windows 10 in particular like to highlight controls as you pass over them. This capability should be available for any control and would also be very useful on a continuous form to highlight a particular row as you mouse over.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Combox - separate what is shown when "open" to what is shown when "closed"

If you select values via combobox (you open it to show a list of values) then i often want to restrict what is shown there, but if combobox is "closed" (just the result is shown) then i do not want to apply any restriction there. (When closed Show "Select Names form tblAdress" but for show selection: SELECT Names from tblAdress WHERE dept = 1; ) ...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix unwanted form resizing issues NOW!!!

Rather than ask for a new feature, I'd prefer Microsoft get off their a** and finally fix the broken features Access already has. After years and years, there is no good reason whatsoever why MS Access forms keep blowing up during just because... potato. I use only popup forms. There is no reason why every once in a while my popup forms stop displaying at all, causing me to have to change the popup property to "No" and restart. After all these years of this very same BS, this is just retarded on Microsoft's part. And especially bad is when…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. POSSIBILITY TO ADD SEGMENTS LIKE EXCEL IN A FORM

To apply filter easily
    data source: values of the segment : sql
    child object : subform in continhous mode