Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access - Dynamics 365 connection unavailable after update to ver. 1711

Hi, I was able to link to my Dynamics 365 tables with the version 1708 (build 8431.2107) but not with the version 1711 (build 8730.2165).

So I did a rollback to version 1708 and stopped the auto updates.
    When will be again available the Dynamics 365 connection?

Thank you!
    Walter

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Walter,
      there may have been an issue with this Office version preventing you from seeing the Dynamics connector.
      I can assure you we haven’t removed it.

Please update to the latest version.

Thanks,
      Michal [MSFT]

• Bring back the support for connecting to dBASE.

Access has always been about connecting to other data sources. Excel can still connect to dBASE files, but support for Access to connect was dropped. You can see from all the chatter, that there really is a lot of people that still use dBASE files for data transfer.

713 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        106 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Include the ability to connect to new data sources such as those listed in POWER BI

New external data sources are growing rapidly and it would be useful to keep up-to-date and have ACCESS include these new types.

26 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          4 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the past 6 months we introduced 2 new modern data connectors to Access – Microsoft Dynamics and SalesForce (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Access-Blog/Introducing-New-Connectors-in-Access-Microsoft-Dynamics-and/ba-p/100015)

We recognize that one of Access’ core strengths is the ability to connect to external data sources, and making investments to further expand the already available rich portfolio of external data sources.

If there are specific data sources that are interesting to you, please create a separate suggestion for them.

Michal [MSFT]

• Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Feedback and Knowledge Base