Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Importing AIP Protected Excel/TXT files into Microsoft Access

AIP protected Excel document and the protected extension of txt file (.pTXT) are not importable to Microsoft Access application

Impact:

- User not able to import/Process protected files into MS Access desktop application

- MS Access macros not able to get data from protected files

Not protecting the company’s confidential files with Azure information protection to let the users import files to MS Access is risking data exposure and unauthorized usage.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort the image gallery by name not ID

There was a recent discussion at a virtual user group meeting on how to export all images in the gallery, then re-import them ordered by name. Seems like a lot of to do that every time you add an image.

It would be a lot easier if Access just sorted by name not the ID.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Access for Mac!!

I'm currently taking college classes while I'm in high school, and my parents got me a laptop so I could do my work on it. The problem is that I need Access to do some of my work. I don't understand how I can have Excel and Word but not Access. I would really appreciate it if y'all could make Access on Mac. Its 2020 people and I'm at home in quarantine (can't go to school and use their computers) and I need to get my work done.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Linked Table Manager enhancement - Trigger events

I understand the Linked Table Manager enhancements are on the MS Dev Team's agenda.
    I'd like to suggest that the enhanced Linked Table Manager expose a COM interface with EVENTS that a VBA app can detect and respond to.
    This could be of benefit to All Apps in an SDLC sense (we can query the tabledefs to connection info already, but can't detect when they are changed via the LTM or otherwise), and can allow some apps to react to protect the security or integrity of their data/connections.

If the Linked Table Manager could expose events like:

LTM Start
    LTM…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Easy to Use EDB to PST Converter

InQuit EDB Converter is a suitable program to convert EDB file to PST file format. InQuit EDB to PST Converter help you to get back corrupted or orphaned, deleted emails contacts, tasks and calendars etc. InQuit EDB to PST Converter Software application preserves entire email header information like: to, from, cc, bcc, appointments and email attachments during the extraction. You can convert the EDB files into EML, EMLX, vCal, vCard, MSG, MBOX, and PST etc. Try the free demo version of the converter and convert 30 emails for free.

Read More: https://www.inquitsoftware.com/en/pages/edb-to-pst-converter.html

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Don't allow changes to code while application is active

It has been known for years that Access applications can become corrupted if you update code while the application is active. I've been a developer for many years, and I still find myself editing code at times with an active form in the background.

Given the very serious risk, there is no reason why Access should permit users to edit code while the application is active. Therefore I recommend that code be automatically locked while the application is active.

I realize that VBA is a separate product, but there must be a way to do this.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Will there be an Desktop Access 2021 version with new Office?

There are a lot of Access Applications out there. Will there be a new desktop version with Office 2021?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. MS Access 365 - Properties difficult to read

When in Access 365 and working on a form or a report, etc - the properties are very small. Pls make option available to make bigger or an option to change the font size to a larger option. It is difficult to read and in Field properties the line is a little long. This would help so much. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Secure Office 365 migration software

Data security is the high priority aspect for all the organizations during migration from one environment to other. It should not engage other third party tools for the access of the valuable data.

Secure Office 365 migration solution:

EdbMails Office 365 Migration is a secure migration solution which meets all the security standards that are essential for the migration operation.
    The software follows Information Security Management Standards ISO 27001 certification which assures you the whole migration process is highly secured. It utilizes OAuth 2.0 secured authentication for the software registration. Your Office 365 credentials will not be stored at any…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Office 365 to Office 365/live Exchange server migration

Most of the users weren’t able to find the right solution to perform Office 365 to Office
    365/Live Exchange server. EdbMails Office 365 Migration Tool is the one which
    provides the smoothest experience to the end users. All your mailboxes will be
    migrated to the target server without any hassle.

Few highlights of the software:
    Secure and Safe migration
    Security is the most complex thing during the migration process. EdbMails software
    provides the full security for the data during migration and migrates the complete
    data to the target server without any modification in the source data by maintaining
    the original…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. EdbMails O365 Migration

EdbMails Office 365 Migration is a simple solution that helps to perform migration of mailboxes between two office 365 tenants, from Office 365 to Exchange. It also supports Office 365 to hosted Exchange migration. The application supports Public folder and Archive mailbox migration. The software automatically maps the mailboxes between the source and target server and automatically creates mailboxes on the target server.
    EdbMails Office 365 Migration perfectly migrates all the mailbox items to target server without any data loss. It supports migration to Exchange versions 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019 from Office 365.

EdbMails Office 365 migration…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Office 365 Mailbox Migration

EdbMails Office 365 migration is the most worthy for all migration scenarios, unlike the complex and time consuming manual methods. There will be no migration risks using this software. You can migrate your source mailbox data to the target server safely and securely.

Within a few clicks you can initiate the migration process. Just connect the source and target server with the proper credentials. The tool handles the rest with ease of user interface. No need to intervene any manual commands to perform the migration process.

Features:

· You can migrate desired folders or mailbox items including emails, tasks, calendars,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Office 365 Migration

EdbMails supports the migration of mailboxes between different Office 365 tenants, which can be useful for organizations. You can migrate source Office 365 mailboxes to target Office 365 as well as live Exchange. You can also export the mailboxes to PST.
    The solution helps migrate individuals as well as multiple mailboxes of any size and scale. It supports an Incremental migration feature that avoids duplicate items on the target mailboxes.

Why Office 365 Migration?

EdbMails provides plenty of advanced features for the successful migration of your Office 365 mailboxes. It simplifies the entire migration process, thus makes you achieve significant…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Branded Email signatures for Office 365

Handling email signatures for all users and devices is a time consuming one while considering large organizations. Sigsync Office 365 Email Signature service provides a centralized management of Email Signatures for Office 365 and Exchange users. It is a secure, cloud based email signature solution that allows you to create and manage companywide Office 365 email signatures for all the users.
    Key features

Supports email signature across all the devices (Windows, Mac, Linux, Mobile etc.) and email clients.
    Allows modifying the signatures by retrieving user details from Azure AD.
    Adds signatures under latest reply and forward mails.

Supports signature in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Migrating To Office 365

EdbMails is a one stop solution to migrate mailboxes to Office 365 from Office 365, Exchange, IMAP, servers. It supports almost all latest Exchange versions and Office 365 plans. Leads the migration operation without any hassle.

Simplify Office 365 Migration - Understand the full benefits.‎

EdbMails provides a complete approach to Office 365 migrations from various source servers, including Exchange, Google, POP3, IMAP, Office 365.

EdbMails automatically maps mailboxes between the source and target servers. Replicates the exact source folder hierarchy in the target.

Supports mailbox migrations from a single or multiple domains

Supports archive mailbox migration

Public folder migration…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide MS Access for Mac Users

I have bought and paid for an annual subscription to Microsoft 365 Personal and now need MS Access but have been told I can't have it because I am a Mac user.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Office 365 Tenant Migration

EdbMails provides an Office 365 Tenant Migration utility to migrate mailboxes between O365 tenants. An intuitive, secure, and scalable solution for migrating Office 365 mailboxes. It performs the rapid data migration with privacy and control. EdbMails supports the migration of mailboxes, archive mailboxes, public folders, shared mailboxes, Office 365 Groups, Office 365 teams, SharePoint sites, and OneDrive for Businesses.
    Office 365 migration Features
    · Migrates mailboxes, Archive mailboxes, Public Folders, and Shared mailboxes
    · It Migrates Emails, Folders, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Inbox, and Junk folders, etc., to your target server.
    · Supports Office 365 mailbox to Exchange server…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. update an aswer

Your resolution website recommends using Access 2003 to convert a file, How the am I supposed to get a version of Access 200

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)