Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Menu builder or Ribbon for our plicatives that are persisted on other computers

Until the 2003 version of Office it was possible to create custom menu bars forour applications. As of the 2007 release this has been discontinued.

It would be great if a way to build menu or ribbon for our systems were implemented. Because what is already possible to create, is not part of the database application but of Office Access itself and is not exported to our final application when used on another computer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi, this is Sunil Kaushik. I just want to suggest microsoft team one thing, when customer spent 90k - 1 lac. Why didn't he/she get licensed?

I spent Rs. 90000 for this laptop. Then what is fund in purchasing this laptop when i have MS Office Unlicensed Version. It's not fair with customer. Please give me access to licensed version. Humble request to you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi, this is Sunil Kaushik. I just want to suggest microsoft team one thing, when customer spent 90k - 1 lac. Why didn't he/she get licensed?

I spent Rs. 90000 for this laptop. Then what is fund in purchasing this laptop when i have MS Office Unlicensed Version. It's not fair with customer. Please give me access to licensed version. Humble request to you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Access app for android

Please add the access app on Google Play, he will It saves many people from the trouble of computers

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Customization of Access Chart Colors.

It seems bizarre to me there's no way to change the color scheme of different pie charts etc. It would improve the visual look and feel of reports and dashboards immensely if we could customise the "new and modern" charts a bit more!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bug Fix for Access 2016 64 bit VBA DAO Update Query Bug in Long Text Parameter

Reposted here from MS Community Forums based on replies there:

Hello,

Where I work I seem to have found some bugs in MS Access 64 bit (not in 32 bit) relating to using VBA to call update queries.

When calling an Update query from the current database via a 'qdf' object that has one or more long text fields to be updated, and supplying the values for those updates via Long Text parameters, it seems that supplying either a 1 or 2 character value can cause Access to crash when the qdf is executed, depending on the position of the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix: Win 10 Pro Office 2016 Pro "Could not use '<path\file.accdb>'; file already in use" with all Access DBs as soon as Compact / Repair

Fix: Win 10 Pro Office 2016 Pro "Could not use '<path\file.accdb>'; file already in use" with all Access DBs as soon as Compact / Repair or File Save As. This has recently started happening on 2 independent machines

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Problem "Error 3040 Query is corrupt"

Problem "Error 3040 Query is corrupt" request for fix earlier than December 10. This bug causes a lot of problems for my customers!

This problem should not be underestimated and is huge.

KB4484127, KB4484119 en KB4484113

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

See support.office.com/en-us/article/access-err..

For updates, this is fixed for almost all channels now (a fix has been available for most users since 11/18).

9. Add Pivot Charts and tables back to Access.

Add Pivot Charts and tables back to Access.
    Pivot Charts and tables are very powerful. there is no other function is able to replace them

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Release for Mac users the samen office packaging as for Windows

Every mac student has got the right to work just like a pc-users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. adding new features to Microsoft Access

Introduction

Microsoft Access is an application for database which a lot of companies, schools, colleges, and universities are using it in order to manage the information of their employees or students. Our project tending to make Microsoft Access easier to be used by its users by improving the security of the databases and the ease of entering the information into these databases. Nowadays the barcode scanners are popular in almost everywhere, and the QR scanners. Our project is to link a barcode/QR scanner to Microsoft Access in order to make it easier to enter the information to the databases and…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Printing Vertical

Maps can't be rotated when creating images to print. True.

But if there are "4x6" and "8.5x11" sheet sizes, is it not possible to also create "6x4" and "11x8.5" sheet sizes so that there is at least one other orientation option. (Some text might be oriented wrong, but for some territory shapes it would be worth the slight inconvenience)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the LOGEST function (which is in Excel) to Access

Excel has the function LOGEST that is used in regression analysis. The LOGEST function calculates an exponential curve that fits your data and returns an array of values that describes the curve.

We use this function in our Excel models. I am attempting to rewrite some of these in Access but the LOGEST is not available in Access. It seems that all the functions available in Excel should also be available in Access.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Modern Carting is far from modern

Why is it not possible to have charting similar to what is in Excel?

For those that want to dynamically display their data in an easily comprehended form Charts are the way to go, but Modern Charts in Access are so limited as to be almost useless. Linking to charts in Excel is complex and does not work well. If you are distributing your DB you must then distribute a copy of the Excel workbook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Where are you

It has become obvious in reviewing this hub that Microsoft has no interest in feedback. Unless I am missing something, out of all the feedbacks provided, Microsoft has only tagged 3 for future consideration, and they are all dated years ago, and has followed thru on none.

What is the point to this feedback channel?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Que la rueda scroll del mouse sirva para desplazarse en la ventana de relaciones

Actualmente la única forma para desplazarse en la ventana de relaciones es a través de las barras de desplazamiento. Resultaría muy útil poder hacerlo con la rueda del mouse

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Access2016 住所入力支援辞書の間違い

「中央区新富」と入力して「252-0200」(相模原市)と支援されます。
    正しくは、104-0041です。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. [Editor] Adding the language column at keyword, ad and extension levels

We can't see the language of keywords, ads or extensions from Editor as the column is not available at this level. The language is only displayed at the Campaign and Adgroup levels.

For accounts with just one language it is not problematic, but when campaigns and adgroups have multiple languages we can't dispatch the data we export for keywords, ads and extensions.

As NQS requires the data to be sent per market AND language, it is inconvenient when requesting for an editorial review.

Could it be possible to add the hereditated language to keywords, ads and extensions in Editor? Langage…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories