Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Idea on Access

save access on the cloud. Just like you can save any other office document on the cloud, the reason behind 365 to begin with. I don't understand why most of the platforms in office moved to the cloud except access. I mean, I have not had the time to test every single application in Office, but from OneNote, to word, to excel, and others, it is possible to save them on the cloud, and being able to access them at a later time, on other computers without having to carry the whole thing with you.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access MDB File Viewer

Access files sometimes become inaccessible due to corruption or virus attack.

At that moment opening and viewing the data inside the MDB file is hard to achieve.

For such reasons the Access users start using other application, Don't do that because,

I came to know about a tool which can open, read and read the deleted or corrupted MDB files with ease.

easily view the MDB files and access your data with ease.

get full information here: https://github.com/happycool007/MDB-file-viewer-online

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow setting background color for Access desktop, and to change colors for form and report borders

I would like to use the grey background color of Access 2003 and also its blue border color for forms and reports. But now the background color of Access 2016 is white and the border color for forms and reports is white. In Access 2010 you were able to reproduce the 2003 look by setting some options, but that has been removed in Access 2016. Please advise if this capability exists, or please add it.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please make video tutorial of your template

Dear Sir,
    How to make Northwind Database? Please make the video tutorial of your northwind template step by step. If you make video, we can learn properly to make access database. because Northwind database is the wonderful database to learn access completely.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. hijri shamsi or jalali calendar

I am willing to have hijri shamsi calendar in ms access. Now, there is only greg calendar and hijri calendar. hijri calendar is for arabic

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable option to suppress warnings about another user being changing the same dataset.

When multiple users are working simultaneously on the same Access database, Access is constantly warning that another user has changed the dataset in meantime. In multiuser environment this is often annoying and unnecessary. Access should enable option to switch-off these warnings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Upgrade the shapes of the buttons (make them thinner)

Can you please make the buttons shapes thinner and remove the colours so that it looks more likke the newer version?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Template Literals

Please can you implement template literals into VBA? When writing queries in VBA it would be so much easier and cleaner to write:
    "UPDATE … WHERE ID = ${ [IDField] }"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I think that on the new cross battle. They should have each team have a lottery number in bucket, then pull numbers and same like number aga

For the cross battle figure out a way to make it like a lottery, where no one knows who they battle till on stage. Not even the coaches know.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add nore functionality to the tabluar arrangement in forms and reports.

In forms and reports, the tabular arrangement of controls and their labels is very limited. In reports, it is not possible to have the headers placed in group headers on the report. Cutting and pasting the labels into other than page headers removes the ability to coordinate the size of the label and the control.
    Please add the ability to select the location of the labels and controls when creating a tabular arrangement

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bug Report -- Multiple Access Crashes

Since 8/1/2018, MS Access has been crashing repeatedly on multiple machines in our office. We are on 64 bit Office 365 and Windows 10. It appears some bug must have been introduced during one of the automatic updates.

This crash appears to occur with automation where I think a second instance of MS Access is calling an MS access program, but not totally sure:

Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 16.0.10325.20118, time stamp: 0x5b64d927
    Faulting module name: OLEAUT32.dll, version: 10.0.17134.48, time stamp: 0xebd737a3
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000008a283
    Faulting process id: 0x32a0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d43fb636a345d3
    Faulting application path:…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. dimensione massima di un file di ACCESS

aumentare la dimensione massima di un file di ACCESS, attualmente limitata a 2GB

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Analyze Performance in Access 2019 is messed up visually

Analyze Performance windows is not messed up visually, but it works fine. It just need to be formatted properly.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Build an integration for Zapier

https://zapier.com/apps/microsoft-access/integrations

The above link has the option for a developer from the Access team to log in to the Developer Platform on Zapier to build an integration. Access is a vital part of running the backend of our law firm but we use a different platform for our frontend. It would be much quicker and more efficient if we were able to sync data from our frontend to our backend.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change the coordinate system for the Relationships diagrams to allow an (almost) unlimited canvas size

I'd like to suggest changing the coordinate system for the Relationships diagram, so that tables are plotted onto the canvas in relation to the centre of the canvas. The centre would be coordinate 0,0pixels, marked with a small cross-hair. An item placed at 122,344pixels would be in the upper-right of the canvas, whereas an item placed at -455,-677pixels would be in the bottom-left.

This would allow the Relationships canvas to have an (almost) unlimited size, on top of which, a better zoom, scroll and print system could be built.

For backward compatibility with earlier versions of Access, existing Relationship diagrams…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add an Option to change the default in Find & Replace dialog box

When you use Ctrl F to get the Find & Replace dialog Box there is an Ootion called Match.
    Match has three values
    Whole Field (the default)
    Any Part
    Start
    I find I hardly ever use the default, but always want to use "Any Part"
    It would be great if there were an Access Option to set the field to the default that I want. This would save me lots of time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On the SPOTLIGHT IMAGES, move the text from the middle to the side after I say "I like it" so I can view the picture without a distrac.

I love the "Spotlight Images. Move the text from the middle of the picture to the side after I say "I like it" so I can view the picture without a distraction. I use the pictures for meditation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In Pipeline template, make the Opportunty List column names the same word as the Customer List imported from Outlook; ie Customer =Company

To use the template for Pipeline; it would be advantageous to import contacts from Outlook (which it does) and have the Customer name in the Open Opportunities List be the same Field Name as Company, and then have the Employee fill with First Name and Last Name from the customer list (cf Outlook).
    Possibly have the category sync from Outlook category also, but be able to override it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve organization of posted ideas

I suggest you add the following new categories and reorganise posted ideas: "Errors", "VBA/VBE", "Import/Export", "Performance", and "Security".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Additional status for tracking Access User Voice ideas

We currently have: "Need more info", "Planned", "Done!" and "No Current Plan". I propose we add: "Started", "Cancelled", "Accepting Votes" and "Already Supported" so we can better track our ideas.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base