Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LoCode Office Automation Connector for Power Automation/Flow

Provide a Power Automation Connector that enables Desktop Excel/Access/Word to connect at its backside and makes data and VBA UserDefinedFunctions returning JSON strings (or anything else a Function returns) accessable to PowerApp-, HttpActionInitiator-Flows atl.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug - Nav Pane Custom Groups contents changing unexpectedly

I use Custom Groups in the Navigation Pane of Access to keep track of objects I am changing for various tasks, so I know at a glance what objects to submit to our update process.

Sometimes, the items in a Group will change. I'm not talking about linked tables or queries not showing after a relink. I'll have put FormA in the group, and when I open the database, FormA is no longer in the group, but FormD is. Same for report objects, modules and queries.

Problem is, I have not found a pattern of when this happens. Sometimes it's…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back Pivot Table capabilities to Access

Microsoft needs to review "Voice of the Customer" portions of Six Sigma process Improvement (which you seem to have forgotten).

Why would you take away a major long term feature in Access and lamely refer it to Excel that can't handle large data sets as well?

Please restore this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ity would be great if there was a one-click button to update Access 2016 with/from Outlook 2016

I found that altho9u9gh I could import data from Outlook, with existing notes, That subsequent emails and notes were not registered within Access.
    Also their should be a button so that when working with a contact in Access, we can click a button to write an email and it opens Outlook email

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add ability to prompt for password in order to open password protected Excel file

In Access 365, add ability to prompt user to provide password during import of any password protected Excel file

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. to delete the app

Please delete the app this is useless.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. VBA / API Method to get O365 Version

Prior to O365, we could easily get the version + build via VBA/API. This enables developers to insure that end users have the necessary version to run our apps. With O365 there is no way to get the 'Version' or 'Click-to-Run', as is viewable in the UI Version 2003 (Build 12624.20382 Click-to-Run).
    Updates are now pushed automatically, including breaking changes, without any warning.
    There really needs to be a way to get the full version info via code.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. notary

a form for a notary to keep the agent log.thank you john

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. asset removal

asset removal must be with an authority code, since an employee could be working on filling the asset list but shouldn't have the authority to remove it without higher authority

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. asset transfer

if i have several business location and need to mobilize asset from a place to another and need to keep track record of asset then a transfer from - to has to be available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix Bug - InStr And InStrRev

InStr or InStrRev function results in error or crashes database if sort order is “General”).
    Work around: Options > General > New database sort order > General - Legacy’, followed by ‘compact database’.
    The behaviour is very odd in that e.g. it may or may not work first time after reboot / logon, but fails subsequently. Compacting and then restarting the database never fixes the issue.
    This problem resulted from recent (Quarter 2 to July 2020) Windows and / or Access 2019 updates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. On the main screen in Virtuoso, move the "Overall Health" column closer to the project name column.To will eliminate need to scroll over

On the main screen in Virtuoso, move the "Overall Health" column closer to the project name column. To will eliminate need to scroll over to see the Over Health column as you look through the list

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Criteria language unification

I find it annoying that everytime I send an .accdb file with multiple queries and forms to a collegue who uses ACCESS in a different language, I have to do a search/replace of every criteria in all queries and translate it to his language (for example : Forms -> Formulaire, Reports -> Etats ...)
    It would be easier is all criteria were coded by default in English, and then showed to users in their UI language? Or maybe automatically translate all criteria when UI language is changed?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Import PST to Office 365 an automated tool

MS Office 365 email service provides various opportunities for businesses to standardize the requirement . Moving PST to Exchange Online can be formidable. EdbMails import PST to Office 365 utility does this job easy . You can migrate a particular folder or outlook data files that you want to migrate from a PST file to Office 365 tenant.

The solution supports the migration of PST files to Office 365 including emails with attachments, tasks, notes, contacts, and calendars.

Overview of its features:

Direct PST file migration to Office 365 tenants
    No limitations on File Size
    Supports Incremental migration. No duplicate…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 365 Update breaking the database drivers

This happened to a lot of our clients back in 2016.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/7964a808-81dd-49a5-8883-3d62cd03af5a/the-operating-system-is-not-presently-configured-to-run-this-application?forum=vclanguage

I have not had this problem until this week and have gotten three calls about it. At least I can run the install of the 2010 drivers to fix it. I was told I should leave a heads up here about the issue.

Thanks, Dan.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automated Office 365 Migration

EdbMails simplifies Office 365 Migration by automating the configuration and migration tasks. Effectively transfers the data between two Office 365 tenants. It allows you to migrate all the existing mailboxes, contacts and distribution groups, etc. from one Office 365 tenant to another. Its incremental migration feature avoids duplicates on the target mailbox.

Key Features & Advantages:

• It can perform as a single batch move that includes all of your mailboxes, contacts, and distribution group objects, etc.

• Designed with multithreading which improves migration speed and saves lot of time.

• Only the newly added items are migrated to your target server on…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Method of exporting MBOX to PST

MBOX file is supported by 25+ email clients mailboxes such as Gmail, Apple Mail, SeaMonkey, Entourage, Netscape, Eudora & others. But no application exports the mailbox in PST file format. On the other hand, the manual process is useless with a large mailbox plus it does not maintain the folder hierarchy.
    So if you want to export direct MBOX to PST format with all mail folder, inline images and attachment than adopt MailsDaddy MBOX to PST Converter. This is the most relevant program that no only migrate MBOX to PST format but also allows user to import MBOX file in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: deep hiding tables removes data from complex datatype fields

A fellow developer reported this fairly obscure bug to me as I work extensively with what I call 'deep hidden' tables using property dbHiddenObject (MSysObjects Flags=1). If a table containing data in attachment or multi value fields is 'deep hidden', the data APPEARS to be deleted from those fields. The data is NOT restored if the tables are returned to normal.
    I have tested this and confirmed it to be true. I have also checked the contents of the related deep hidden system tables (each beginning with f_...) and the actual complex data is still present. However the user tables…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. networkdays is a function in excel that provides date difference in workdays. Recommend same function be made available in MS Access

networkdays is a key concept in service level agreement measurement and project management reporting. It measures workdays between two dates. This function exists in Excel and should be easy to port into Access

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base