Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Where are you

It has become obvious in reviewing this hub that Microsoft has no interest in feedback. Unless I am missing something, out of all the feedbacks provided, Microsoft has only tagged 3 for future consideration, and they are all dated years ago, and has followed thru on none.

What is the point to this feedback channel?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Flexibility on Resizing/Formatting Data Tables Independently for Charts

Need to allow to resize and format Data Tables independently from the Chart Object to be able to keep large series charts (15+) from stretching too long vertically just to show all the data table results.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow to Freeze and UnFreeze columns in Continuous Forms (Horizontal Scrolling)

Just like in a datasheet, the user experience would be greatly enhanced with the ability to freeze key columns in view while scrolling horizontally on continuous forms.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Presentacion de tablas de access en Power Point

Seria necesario que las tablas de accces se puedan visualizar en Power Point sin necesidad de macros (Sin codigos). y tambien en slideshow

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I am a newby to this W-10 my last one wa

7 - so how can Iget this UserVoice. Ands some assistance to navigate10 would help a lot. I am a newby to this W-10 my last one was the home 7,I really am tearing myhair out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Poder desplazarse en un cuadro de texto en un form con la rueda del mouse

Actualmente solo es posible hacerlo con las barras de desplazamiento. hay cuadros de texto grandes en donde seria útil poder desplazarse con esta rueda del mouse .

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Que la rueda scroll del mouse sirva para desplazarse en la ventana de relaciones

Actualmente la única forma para desplazarse en la ventana de relaciones es a través de las barras de desplazamiento. Resultaría muy útil poder hacerlo con la rueda del mouse

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Access2016 住所入力支援辞書の間違い

「中央区新富」と入力して「252-0200」(相模原市)と支援されます。
    正しくは、104-0041です。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. [Editor] Adding the language column at keyword, ad and extension levels

We can't see the language of keywords, ads or extensions from Editor as the column is not available at this level. The language is only displayed at the Campaign and Adgroup levels.

For accounts with just one language it is not problematic, but when campaigns and adgroups have multiple languages we can't dispatch the data we export for keywords, ads and extensions.

As NQS requires the data to be sent per market AND language, it is inconvenient when requesting for an editorial review.

Could it be possible to add the hereditated language to keywords, ads and extensions in Editor? Langage…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Not other language than english support in access chart design(as series)? I need to use other language.how to solve it.

Not other language than english support in access chart design((as series)? I need to use other language.how to solve it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Changing theme in access 365 proplus

It seems not possible to change the theme to black in Access 365 ProPlus. I have installed on another computer Access 365 Home and I can change it there. Further, all other ProPlus applications can be changed to Black. I have set the "UI" in registry editor to 4 which enables the colour options to increase to 4 - Colorful, Dark, Black, and White. only colorful and white are available in Access ProPlus, access home there are all 4 colours available

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Office 365 Business Issue with Microsoft Access

I purchased Office 365 Business so that I could use Microsoft Access. As it stand the application does not work as designed. When you go in to Form view you see limited fields. When you go in to design view you can see more of the fields. I've spent several hours with Technical support trying to resolve the issues with no success. The problem as explained to me is the Home Inventory template is not compatible with Office 365. So my thoughts is why is if available as a template if it's not compatible. I would like to see the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. inkonsistenten Zustand

Access meldet, dass sich Datenbanken in einem "inkonsistenten Zustand"
    befinden
    https://support.office.com/de-de/article/access-meldet-dass-sich-datenbanken-in-einem-inkonsistenten-zustand-befinden-7ec975da-f7a9-4414-a306-d3a7c422dc1d

Hallo Access Team,

hier ein paar Informationen in der Hoffnung, dass diese helfen, da ich im Berufsalltag gerade viel Arbeit mit diesem Thema habe:

Programm DB und Daten DB im Shard Netzlaufwerk (ich weiß, ist nicht ideal).
    Früher: Nur Windows 7 und Office 2010
    Aktuell: Windows 7 + Windows 10 + Office 2010 User

Ich habe den Verdacht, dass User, die über ein Citrix Windows 10 (schlecht Netzverbindung) auf Programm und Daten zugreifen, das Problem verursachen könnten.

Ich habe den Verdacht, dass bei starker Netzauslastung in der Firma das…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make Access 2016/2019 as stable as Access 2010

on several Servers we checked Event logs for msaccess crahes and tested with different versions of Access. Access 2010 is much more stable. So i suggest you try to track Access crahes and make it more stable

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. MS Access 16.0.12325.20172 - 'Invalid cursor state'

Client on Office Insider build 16.0.12325.20172 where MS Access is linked to SQL backend.

ALL non-action Pass-Through queries fail with a message of "Invalid cursor state", even the most simple like "SELECT x FROM tblY". Executing a stored procedure via pass-through query also fails with same error. Action pass-through queries do work. Standard MDB queries do work.

I didn't have access to this computer to do significant testing to know what else did/did not work. Client was working fine as of Friday, but errors on Monday, after Office updated to that version on Sunday. IT has now uninstalled their Office…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix Windows 10 1803 Frontend - Backend corruption issues

We have some databases with a split front end (stored on local computer) and backend (stored on a server mapped via relative path) using Access 2016 (build 9126.2259). Since upgrading many computers to Windows 10 1803 the backend database constantly becomes corrupt. We have to disable the three caches referenced in the article linked below in order for the corruption to stop, but this makes file server operations much slower while also causing unnecessary network traffic. We never had this issue on Windows 10 1703.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-7/ff686200(v=ws.10)

176 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add case sensitivity to VBA to naming of procedures, variables and so on.

If you want to follow naming conventions in VBA it's impossible to name a procedure for example "Foo" and a variable "foo".

VBA automatically changes the casing of one of them.

So please add case sensitivity to VBA to be able to properly name procedures, variables, types, declarations, events and so on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dual Windows support

Unlike Excel/Visual Studio Code/Chrome. Currently, Access Desktop has no split screen/windows feather. It is hard to compare the data and check data structure to write query.
    It would be better to have a split screen feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base