Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. im bald

im balder than bald

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office 365 Business Issue with Microsoft Access

I purchased Office 365 Business so that I could use Microsoft Access. As it stand the application does not work as designed. When you go in to Form view you see limited fields. When you go in to design view you can see more of the fields. I've spent several hours with Technical support trying to resolve the issues with no success. The problem as explained to me is the Home Inventory template is not compatible with Office 365. So my thoughts is why is if available as a template if it's not compatible. I would like to see the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix faulty VBA save functionality; add VBE auto-save and database recycle bin; add much better undo functionality

The Visual Basic editor should have an auto-save option. Code doesn't take much disk space, so this should be a default option (just like Word has an auto-save function). A couple of times, I lost a great deal of code EVEN THOUGH I SAVED IT, when Access crashed. Obviously, something didn't work with your Visuals Basic save function, as I lost my changes. That needs to be fixed. Nowadays, I'm copying my code to another text editor, just in case Access crashes and I lose my work.

You should have a recycle bin in Access for deleted tables. Upon exiting…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Perform subquery first, and then only apply outer query (with outer query clauses) on results of subquery, for faster, better queries

When I use a subquery in a query, I expect the outer query to only work on the results of the subquery. However, today, it appears that the outer query (the WHERE clause in particular), is not being strictly run on just the results of the subquery. Instead, the join in the subquery appears to be being ignored, and the WHERE clause is run on the much bigger dataset of the subquery minus its join. This is counter-intuitive and probably incorrect. Please fix this. I had a subquery that only returned two rows, but it appeared Access was performing an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Faster CTRL+F datasheet functionality

Sometimes when I do a CTRL+F search on a column in datasheet mode, it takes much longer to complete than if I apply a column filter that does more or less the same thing. I suggest that you re-program your CTRL+F search function so that it makes use of query filters, to make it work faster.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Simple improvements for crash, and locked-up related issues

Sometimes CTRL+BREAK or ESCAPE doesn't work, even when Access says you can press CTRL+BREAK or ESCAPE to stop a task. I keep on running into this problem. I suggest better interrupts are programmed into Access that interrupt processing say every 30 seconds to listen to any interrupting key presses that have been made, so execution can be stopped. Fairly frequently, I'm having to crash out of Access to recover control of my computer. Even sometimes, I have to power off my computer completely (without a proper shutdown), to recover control of my computer. These should be simple things for Microsoft…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. new concept

new idea for stret light home detriot michigan to use solar panle and back cell like break switch stop city ligth cutting off

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. lot concepts that in intresting

im part corpration drye custom pallet git toe nail way for custom pallet custom new screw gun contact bosch maybe skill dewalt black deck robya milweel intrested

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. like be review abyuss company

i appied for book mobile have banl review debit and credit up date

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. from 1220

im get my mail 23 e adams

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Gridlines to Modern Access Charts

The 'modern' charts in MS Access no longer allows for gridlines to be set. The gridlines can be a great visual aid in charts to quickly access where the value plotted lies in relation to the axis. It was present in the 'old' charts but is no longer available in the 'modern' charts. I would also recommend adding scatter plots to the modern charts. Just FYI, your free/opensource counterparts have them already implemented within their packages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. hallo

menemen

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create Student Database for all Education Levels

Can you make a student database that is customizable or one dedicated adult education? I would like to be able to use the Access App. It would help me keep consistent in program usage.

It would be great to be able to log in contact, emergency contact, attendance, grades and whatever else you can think about

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Base Access

Hello
    I use Access since its version1. Until today I have not found an equivalent in terms of reliability and speed in development. Since then many improvements have been made on various options, except to the engine of the base. What it lacks today is native access to SQL express server. This would help with a seamless, easy and efficient transition to standard SQL server.
    Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Introduce an option to get VBA code from the wizards instead of a macro.

I hate when the wizards creates a macro instead of VBA code. Very often (95% of the time) I need to exchange the macro to code. Years ago the wizards created VBA code which was wonderful. Is it possible for you to consider to make it possible to choose if you want macro or VBA code?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. forms record navigation area make the number of records larger!

If you have a form on screen with a few thousand records the small area in the navigation line at the bottom of the field cannot show large numbers. Eg record 234 of 34,000 does not display very well.
    It should be easier to make this area bigger!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug Report -- Application Crashing after update

We had this problem back in August with MSAccess 64 bit on Office 365 crashing after a windows update. Once again, the same issue: Access is crashing multiple times per day because of bugs introduced by Microsoft during the update process.

Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 16.0.11126.20196, time stamp: 0x5c2dc930
    Faulting module name: OLEAUT32.dll, version: 10.0.17134.48, time stamp: 0xebd737a3
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000008a06d
    Faulting process id: 0x1180
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ac28476e5591
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\OLEAUT32.dll
    Report Id: 5c83adec-0c56-4e22-b261-5d638b46b548
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →